princesspatches
True Blue Farmgirl

431 Posts

arttie
iron mountain michigan
USA
431 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2012 :  10:19:46 AM  Show Profile
When hubby and I were looking for houses to fit our newly meshed family. We looked at sooooo many houses. And we stumbles upon our house by accident. When we came up the driveway and seen our house parked on tha back of 5 beautiful acres. And how well it was maintained and taken care of. We were taken aback and we new it was our dream home. It is a mobile home.

Hubby always teases me about being the 'Queen of his Double-wide' or that we should name our farm the 'Polish Paradise Trailer park'. But I wouldn't give up our home for anything.

Personally, I don't feel the need to keep up with other peoples expectations. We love it and are happy and that is all that matters.

Arttie
Go to Top of Page

princesspatches
True Blue Farmgirl

431 Posts

arttie
iron mountain michigan
USA
431 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2012 :  10:21:17 AM  Show Profile
P.S. I just finished repainting the decks in this picture......any suggestions for a new color on the shutters?

Arttie
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2012 :  5:57:51 PM  Show Profile
Arttie, your home is really pretty :) I especially like the curved window by the door. I'm sure that makes it nice and bright inside -- something I miss in our old farmhouse with the smallish windows. Did you build the garage on the left?

Edited by - Rosemary on Aug 25 2012 6:00:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

princesspatches
True Blue Farmgirl

431 Posts

arttie
iron mountain michigan
USA
431 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2012 :  6:07:04 PM  Show Profile
The garage was there when we purchased the house. we did build a shed and a chicken coop in the backyard. The house is very bright and cheerful. We get alot of natural light.

Thanks for the compliment.
Arttie
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2012 :  7:27:31 PM  Show Profile
When I was younger I was living in an apartment in a bad area of town. A girl was murdered walking home 1 block away, and I decided I no longer wanted to live in that neighborhood.

I didn't have much money, but I borrowed a down payment from my grandmother, (which I prompty paid back) and purchased a mobile home. It was not a double-wide, it was 14x70, and I felt kind of the same way you are describing. It was definitely a trailer, but I was NOT trailer trash.... It was a new model and had several very nice features including a nice master bath and kitchen. The lot rent was not terribly exorbitant.

I lived there for about 5 years. I paid off the mortgage early (found out about the rule of '78's by the way, it is not a good thing, don't finance this way if you can avoid it) then when I got married my husband and I bought a conventionally built house. I rented the trailer out to a coworker who needed a temporary place to live. It served us well, then I sold it, I did not make money at all on the deal but if you evaluate it against paying rent it wasn't too bad.

There is no shame in living in a place that you can afford and you keep up properly. It may be just a means to get you further down the road.

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blogs at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com (farming) http://brightmeadowknits.blogspot.com (knitting) or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

Simple@heart
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Andrea
Florida
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2012 :  3:51:18 PM  Show Profile
Oh, honey I grew up in the country and I knew many wonderful people that lived in mobile homes. I wouldn't worry for a second about people not accepting where you live. Anyone that pokes fun at someone for the type of house they live in isn't worth knowing :) Hold your head up high farm girl and enjoy having your OWN home and your OWN yard.

~Andrea

Bloom where you are planted
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2012 :  3:40:48 PM  Show Profile
I have been mulling this one around for awhile. Here is my input. Some the prettier places in our area are mobile homes, beautifully landscaped, clean and neat. Home is what you make it. In this day and age of folks losing houses they couldn't afford, or scraping by paying off underwater mortgages, a house you can pay off in 8 years looks good. Hold your head up and enjoy your home and family.

Greetings from the morning side of the hill.
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2012 :  3:53:54 PM  Show Profile
So you have a "mobile" home. Is it mobile or is it a manufactured home? My dream is to have a double wide on 20 acres of trees that I have planted myself. I now live in a stick built home, but it's nothing special except it's almost paid for. Hold your head high and know that you have a roof over your head and someone you love living with you. Couldn't ask for more.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2012 :  05:23:01 AM  Show Profile
Loved reading each of these posts!!!
Agree and like each one!
I live in an apt and often feel as you described?!
But I have slowly learned that it's how I feel that matters and if others think I'm not 'hi-end 'enough for them!? Then I guess phooey!!
I enjoy my place. I'm having fun decorating it, easier to maintain and as I get older and older? Really appreciate the on site maintenance guys. I feel safe and well taken care of! And my pretty balcony allows me my farmgirl fix with containergardening.

You enjoy your beautiful home!

Farmgirl blessings,
Linda
www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Mobile Home...Should I Tell? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page