Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **Welcome Wagon
 Hello-Portland to Tennessee!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello-Portland to Tennessee! Next Topic  

farmgirlfriday
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Brooke
Puryear TN
USA
21 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  11:16:17 AM  Show Profile  Send farmgirlfriday an AOL message  Send farmgirlfriday a Yahoo! Message
Hello Ladies (and Gents?),
I just thought I would introduce myself a bit. My name is Brooke, I am a 27 y.o. mom, proprietress, fiber artist and herbalist...who in 2 months is moving back to the metropolis of Puryear, Tennessee to live on the family "farm" (170 acres of mostly woods, with a few fields and a huge old barn I need to get back into shape!).
I am hoping to raise a few sheep and goats and chickens and then turn a field into an organic herb farm. I love knitting, spinning, (am wanting to learn how to weave) antiques, literature, old old things, sewing, baking, getting lost, antique home ec books...
And am hoping to connect with amazing women who have gone before me in this type of adventure, and those who are beginning their journey just like me! And if you are in the NW corner of TN/SW KY...we'll have to get a Farmgirl chapter going!

"it's a bloody mary morning"

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  11:22:01 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
welcome to the group I call myself a fiber artist too.
I hope you have fun here sunshine

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my other web store http://vintagethreads.etsy.com/
my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  11:27:18 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Brooke!! Sounds like you have alot of the same hobbies and loves that I do. How neat that you are moving to your family farm..what an adventure that will be!! I wish I had a big barn to fix up!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

bybiddie
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

susan
upstate ny
USA
267 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  11:47:05 AM  Show Profile
Nice to meet you, Brooke! You have found the right spot for words of wisdom, shoulders to cry on, and encouraging words to help you through the worst. I know what you mean, Jenny - I wish I had ANY barn to fix up!!

Susan in Upstate New York

Lovin' my life
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  2:59:13 PM  Show Profile
Hi Brooke,

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you are a very interesting lady.

Debbie

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

flowerchild
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Erica
Oregon
USA
52 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  3:17:43 PM  Show Profile  Send flowerchild an AOL message
Hi Brooke- Welcome to the forum! =)
Go to Top of Page

farmgirlfriday
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Brooke
Puryear TN
USA
21 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  3:18:11 PM  Show Profile  Send farmgirlfriday an AOL message  Send farmgirlfriday a Yahoo! Message
Thank you all so much! I am truly looking forward to connecting with all of you!
Yee Haw!
(i love the barn...but it needs a LOT of work...maybe we'll have a work party weekend next spring or something!?)
XO,
b

Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  4:09:48 PM  Show Profile
welcome to the group Brooke!

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  4:17:01 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Brooke,
That is amazing that you are on a family farm! It sounds wonderfull! I wish you the very best! I enjoy many of the things you do, and there are so many here that do as well! You have found such a wonderful place, and we are glad to have you! Welcome!
Hugz,
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  5:21:13 PM  Show Profile
brooke .. looking forward to visiting with you someday! frannie

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  7:55:57 PM  Show Profile
Hi Brooke and welcome!
All the best for your move - it sounds like the most exciting adventure - keep us posted!!
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

MamaHumbird
True Blue Farmgirl

116 Posts

Holly
Cleveland Missouri
USA
116 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  8:50:25 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Brooke. I wish I had any barn to fix up. I didn't know a thing about herbs until this spring when I worked at a greenhouse part time. Now I have my own little herb garden. I still don't know what to do with everything but I am learning. Look forward to hearing more from you.

Holly
Go to Top of Page

farmgirlfriday
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Brooke
Puryear TN
USA
21 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2006 :  4:18:43 PM  Show Profile  Send farmgirlfriday an AOL message  Send farmgirlfriday a Yahoo! Message
Thank you Lovely Ladies!
I can tell that this forum is the place for me!
XO,
b

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2006 :  4:34:39 PM  Show Profile
Brooke - I love the phrase you used - that you love getting lost. That is the ultimate adventure, whether it be in your neighborhood or in the world at large. The desire to get lost and love it is a great gift. Welcome!

Peace
Go to Top of Page

~Tracey~
True Blue Farmgirl

351 Posts

Tracey
TN
USA
351 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2006 :  8:26:04 PM  Show Profile
Hi Brooke,

I already said hi to you but now an official WELCOME!! I am hoping for a TN get together one day ;).

Tracey,
mama to Callum 13, Katie 8, Wil 5.5, Benjamin almost 3 and Andrew 6 months!!
Go to Top of Page

farmgirlfriday
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Brooke
Puryear TN
USA
21 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2006 :  7:07:58 PM  Show Profile  Send farmgirlfriday an AOL message  Send farmgirlfriday a Yahoo! Message
Thank you so much ladies...thank you!!

"We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men."
H. Melville
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2006 :  10:12:48 PM  Show Profile
Welcome, Brooke! It sounds like you are in for a big adventure! I can't wait to hear all about moving back to the family farm - that's what I did about 8 years ago, and I don't regret it for one second!!! I think you'll love it - Enjoy!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello-Portland to Tennessee! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page