True Blue Farmgirl

143 Posts

faith
wappingers falls new york
USA
143 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2006 :  12:15:22 PM  Show Profile
Hello!
My name is Faith,I am 50 years old. We live in wappingers falls new york. We live on 10 acers with two goats and chickens.I have 2 daughters, one married ,one single. My married daughter lives on 65 acers and has 4 children all born at home. They have 33 chickens and looking into getting goats. My granddaughter would love a horse. She is 8 years old. She loves horses.And my three grandsons love chasing the chickens.
And we all love MaryJane! We are all wanna-be farm girls!LOL Well the guys all wanna be farmers. Well I better get back to baking. Oh and if anyone knows if you can use budget mix for pie crusts please let me know. And if you want to know anything else about me(us) please let me know. Oh and how do I find the thread on pie crusts. Thank you so much, Faith

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2006 :  12:26:49 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
hi faith, and welcome to the mj site. i love it here, and i think you sound like a real deal not a wanna be, although there seems to be room here for everyone, and to me the wanna be's have some of the most inspirational ideas.
glad you found this site. what part of new york are you from, and what kind of goats are ya'll looking for we have angoras, and i think they are the greatest.
once again, welcome!

love
fran

(http://farmfolks-frannie.blogspot.com/)
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2006 :  12:41:01 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
Hi welcome to the group sound like you will ( and your family will) have fun here. To find information on pie crusts. Look at he top of the page click on search type in pie crust in the new window in the spaces provided also make sure the search is in kitchen so it isn't too big.
sunshine.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my other web store http://vintagethreads.etsy.com/
my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home

Edited by - sunshine on Sep 25 2006 12:48:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

flowerchild
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Erica
Oregon
USA
52 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2006 :  12:44:46 PM  Show Profile  Send flowerchild an AOL message
Hi Faith- Welcome- sure nice to have you here! =)
Go to Top of Page

bybiddie
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

susan
upstate ny
USA
267 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2006 :  12:45:15 PM  Show Profile
Greetings, Faith! I think Wappingers Falls is very near the neck of the woods populated by the Empire State Mountain FarmGirls! I am Berlin, Marianne (Mari-Dahlia) is in Hoosick Falls and Rosie is in White Creek! It's a beautiful place, full of lots of farmgirls (and farmgirl wannabes...) Welcome to this great group of women!

Lovin' my life
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2006 :  2:22:30 PM  Show Profile
WElcome Faith!!! What type goats do you have?? I just love goats!!
I am so glad you found us..you will love it here!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2006 :  3:00:47 PM  Show Profile
Hello Faith! Welcome to the group!

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2006 :  3:44:03 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to the group Faith!!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2006 :  6:50:12 PM  Show Profile
Hi Faith and welcome!
Look forward to chatting.
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

~Tracey~
True Blue Farmgirl

351 Posts

Tracey
TN
USA
351 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2006 :  8:46:18 PM  Show Profile
Hi Faith and Welcome!!

I had 3 of my 5 at home also!! You sure don't sound like a wanna be to me ;). I think you will love the farmgirls here!!

Tracey,
mama to Callum 13, Katie 8, Wil 5.5, Benjamin almost 3 and Andrew 6 months!!
Go to Top of Page

MamaHumbird
True Blue Farmgirl

116 Posts

Holly
Cleveland Missouri
USA
116 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2006 :  8:46:41 PM  Show Profile
Faith, you are definitly not a wanna be, sounds like you will fit in just perfect. Welcome, I would love to here more about your pies. Not to many "regular" people make homemade pies anymore. Everytime I make one people are so amazed. To me, it is something every mom/housewife should do. Look forward to hearing more from you. I just got 2 bushels of apples I have to start working on (applesauce & pie filling).

Holly
Go to Top of Page

faithmarie
True Blue Farmgirl

143 Posts

faith
USA
143 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  02:08:18 AM  Show Profile
Wow What a warm welcome! Thank you all so much!
Our goats are nubian, the ones with the long ears. My daughter is looking into dwarf goats. She will use them for milk. We just have ours for pets. We get our goat milk from an older couple who keep goats for fun and exersize. I make yogurt with it. I don't like it but my family does.
This is the the first time we made pie crusts except for my attempts years ago when I failed and just started to buy them. We made it with butter yesterday. I am a butter "only" person.LOL But it fell apart easily. My daughters thought we should have used more water in it. I dont know. My apple cake came out the best and the apple crisp. The pie tasted great but didn't work like you see the way people handle pie crusts. We kind of had to flip it and press it. LOL
My daughters,Yasmine and Ali Marie And my granddaughter Justice each made their apple thing yesterday and last night our guys, My husband, Alex, My son-in-love ,Chris ,my grandsons, Noad, Isaac and Asher all ate the fruits of our baking.
And ofcourse there was the staple, the bakeover!!! All summer the girls made strawberry bakeovers and peach bakeovers. So now its apple bakeovers. Apples are a staple in our family, we live in Dutchess County "Apple country".
And my grandchildren call Ali Marie "Apple". When Justice was a baby she saw Ali Marie eating apples all the time so her first word was apple, so they all call Aunt Ali, Apple, instead Aunt, so she is "Apple Ali".
Okay I know I have given more information than you care to know. But it is 4:30am and I can't sleep. There is a farm girl in me trying to get out.LOL
Thank you all again for your warm welcome. I am so happy to be here. And I am looking forward to learning so much from all of you.Faith

PS: Oh I saw on another post about aprons, I had 4 from my family, and we went crazy and got altogether, 25 from ebay. I can't sleep some times.LOL

Go to Top of Page

Kelly43
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

NJ
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  04:47:50 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Faith!! Don't ever feel you are talking to much, we all love to hear it. Your farm sounds lovely and so does your family. Part of the fun of this site is to hear what everybody is doing with their families, especially those great kids and grandkids. Keep trying on the pies, it's worth it. Wish I was there to sample all those yummy apple treats!
Kel
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  3:05:10 PM  Show Profile
Hi Faith,

I was just in Wappingers on Sunday. Unfortunately, my dad passed away and we were back in NY (Peekskill) last week. My mom's cousin lives in Wappingers. I love Dutchess county. Used to live in Beacon down near the river. I think it's great that you have 10 acres. I didn't want to come back to Idaho - it was hard. Miss my family and the beautiful hudson valley.

Glad to meet you. Are you close to Hopewell Junction? I'm trying to picture where you would be. 9D or Rte 82? Sorry, don't mean to be nosey, but was so happy to see where you are from.

Debbie

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  4:30:51 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Faith,
Wow, how wonderful that you are on a farm and that your daughter is also! I am glad you found us and I hope you enjoy this site even half as much as I do! I look forward to hearing more about your place and your farmgirl life!
Hugz,
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  4:38:23 PM  Show Profile
welcome faith .. dooooo tell us more stories of your family! xoxo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

faithmarie
True Blue Farmgirl

143 Posts

faith
USA
143 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  10:16:48 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all for your kindness.
Hi Debbie,
I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. Did he live in Peekskill? My Dad passed away 15 years ago. But my mom is doing fine. She is 73.She is cute.
Yes, the Hudson Valley is beautiful isn't it. I'll bet Idaho is beautiful too.
I live on Spook Hill road. Off old hopewell. Spook hill was named for something that grew on the road that sparkled at night and spooked the horses. Our property used to have alot chickens and apple and peach trees. But there are no more fruit trees. But we want to plant some soon.
Hi Talitha,
That sounds so nice,farm. I am enjoying this site so much. It is so refreshing. And I love organics and farm folk and family.
Hi Frannie,
You are so sweet for wanting to hear about my family!
Thank you all so much for making me feel like I am home!
Faith

Go to Top of Page

faithmarie
True Blue Farmgirl

143 Posts

faith
USA
143 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  10:57:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi Tracey,
That is so wonderful that you had 3 home births. I think it is wonderful. When my daughter and son-in-love were building there house last year, a friend of theirs wanted to buy their house, 1700 farm house, so they sold it to them and moved in with us for 8 months!So there were 11 of us in a four bedroom house. It was wonderful. They waited till the day after christmas to move in to their new house. And she had my grandson Asher in my house! It was great!! My Grand mother was living with us at the time, it was two months before she passed away. And my sister-in-law was living with us because we hired her to care for her,my grandmother. My sister-in-law is a nurse. So my grandmother was able to be cared for in our home. So she was able to see her four great great grandchidren. She lived with us for 4 years.
My grandchildren are Justice 8 She is our little Lady. lol Noah 6 all boy. Isaac 3 all personality.and Asher 15 mo brilliant.lol They are all homeschooled. Well the ones who are old enough anyway .LOL They live 2 miles away. Too far away.

Go to Top of Page

KellyA
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

Kelly
Johnsonville NY
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2006 :  3:40:02 PM  Show Profile  Send KellyA an AOL message
Hi, Faith, and welcome! I am from Johnsonville, NY...that is half an hour north of Albany. Good to hear from another New Yorker!

Kelly

When a cookbook is in hand, life is good!
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2006 :  10:10:13 PM  Show Profile
Hello, Faith! Welcome! It sounds like you are a true farmgirl at heart, and on the farm! There are so many women here who share your interests, and I just love hearing about your family - they sound wonderful! Again, Welcome!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hi From New York! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page