Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 What would you do? I'd love your ideas.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic What would you do? I'd love your ideas. Next Topic  

AlyssaMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

AlyssaMarie
Palouse Washington
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2012 :  3:04:07 PM  Show Profile
I was recently gifted from my Great Aunt, the entire collection of my Great Grandmother's recipes. The collection is a couple of wooden boxes (one of which is broken) with hand written index cards, plus a couple of shoe boxes of clippings from newspapers and odds and ends. I'd like to come up with a way to make theses recipes usable, but also preserve this collection for my daughter or others in our family that might want to see it. (So far I'm the only one with a real interest in cooking.) But I'd also like to make it look nice to honor the family history. What would you do? I'd love to hear your ideas!

AlyssaMarie @ Link'd Hearts Ranch

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2012 :  3:06:10 PM  Show Profile
You could scan it to the computer and share with the family. Or, make a giant scrapbook. What a wonderful gift.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Gladstone Mi.
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2012 :  4:31:59 PM  Show Profile
I put mine in those 4x5 photo holders, that way they are all together and easier to go through. You can get some photo albums that hold quite a few pictures.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2012 :  5:25:59 PM  Show Profile
What a priceless gift you received! I like Marly's idea. I'd love to have even my mother's recipes. I had thought of asking my Dad if I could go through Mom's recipe book and then I would make a set for me and my two sisters. Thought it would make a great Christmas present and wouldn't cost an arm and a leg. Glad you posted this, I think I might have to put this project on the front burner.

Audrey

http://prairiecairncottage.blogspot.com/
Good boy Hobbs! I love and miss you.

Edited by - acairnsmom on Aug 02 2012 5:26:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

musicmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Wendy
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2012 :  6:27:49 PM  Show Profile
For Christmas a couple of years ago, my dh surprised me with a cookbook of my Grandma's recipes. He had scanned each recipe card into the computer and then uploaded them to a place online and had it bound into a beautiful hard bound book. It has a picture of his favorite cookie on the front (pumpkin chocolate chip) and a dedication to my grandma on the inside cover. There are a few pictures in it also. So beautiful and plus it preserves her handwriting which is precious to me.

After he had it made, we sent links to my cousins and they were able to buy one also so it was easy to share.

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
Bob Marley

www.becomingwendy.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

AlyssaMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

AlyssaMarie
Palouse Washington
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2012 :  11:49:03 AM  Show Profile
I like the idea of scanning them and then being able to print up something for other family members. There is so much that I might have to pick out some family favorites. I'll have to see what I can come up with for photo sleeves... that's a good idea too. It is such a wonderful treasure and it means so much to me. I want to do something really special. Looking at the size of the project I may have to wait until the weather cools off... its looking like a good winter project.

AlyssaMarie @ Link'd Hearts Ranch
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic What would you do? I'd love your ideas. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page