Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Please Continue Prayers for Jobs
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Please Continue Prayers for Jobs Next Topic  

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2012 :  7:41:04 PM  Show Profile
Please continue your prayers for jobs for my husband and me, I don't think NY is going to work out, so we have decided to apply down South, where we are originally from. We are trying to stay upbeat but it is getting harder, even though we know God is in charge. This no-working period is costing us too much damage to our retirement fund, but thank the good Lord, we have it. Just don't want to use it all!!!

Hugs,
Portia

Wishing for the country life!

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2012 :  8:09:59 PM  Show Profile
Portia, will y'all return to Louisiana? Sorry NY isn't going to work. I'll continue praying for you to find the perfect job.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2012 :  8:47:59 PM  Show Profile
Still praying Portia!
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2012 :  06:28:44 AM  Show Profile
Praying and praying and more praying for you!! It is so hard out there- keeping you close to my heart!

Lori

Gernerosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need!
Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2012 :  09:25:18 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Marly, Laurie, and Lori. I really appreciate the prayers. I am a little nervous about jobs at our ages (60 and 61)--even though that is not old to us!! But, we have several more years to work.

Yes, Marly, we are looking in LA again. I have always loved it and feel like a LA gal. We are really looking everywhere, but especially LA and TX. Let me know if you know anyone who needs a structural/bridge engineer.

Hugs,
Portia

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2012 :  6:02:06 PM  Show Profile
Prayers going up for you Portia.
take care
love
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2012 :  9:14:08 PM  Show Profile
Portia, are you or have you looked in the LAFAYETTE area? I still have you on my prayer list. I hear that Baton Rouge is hiring nurses. Maybe send a resume there. Good luck sweet friend.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

SallyT
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Sarah
Buford Georgia
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2012 :  05:51:26 AM  Show Profile
Praying for both of you! May you finds jobs soon.

Sarah

Warmth of Friendship Necessary for Life
Go to Top of Page

musicmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Wendy
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2012 :  09:20:46 AM  Show Profile
I'll be keeping you in my prayers!

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
Bob Marley

www.becomingwendy.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2012 :  5:12:51 PM  Show Profile
You will get something soon, Portia God is there working with you, blessings to you
love darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2012 :  5:21:47 PM  Show Profile
Sorry that you've had to change plans. This job searching stuff is tough stuff. God is good, though...ALL THE TIME. Prayers to you in your continued search.

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com

www.amydingmann.com
Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2012 :  11:36:19 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, everyone, for your continued prayers. My husband has a phone interview late tomorrow for a job in Louisiana (yes, yes, yes,Marly!) Who knows if he will get a face-to-face??!! Still trusting God.

Marly, I am not a nurse, but they seem to find jobs everywhere, including here! I was a teacher, and I have a lifetime teaching certificate in LA.

Thanks again,
Portia

Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2012 :  7:04:18 PM  Show Profile
My husband had his phone interview and he feels it went VERY well. The man talked to him an hour and said he would get back with my husband in 2-3 weeks. This job is outside New Orleans. Of course, we love Louisiana, having lived there twice before. Whatever God wants is what we want. If he gets it, he will go and then we will go in December when our daughter finishes her first semester of community college here. Our son has been offered a job in Germany if it all pans out. Please keep all of us in prayer.

Thank you,
Portia

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2012 :  7:45:35 PM  Show Profile
Continued prayers for you and your husband, Portia. Keep us posted.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2012 :  8:02:10 PM  Show Profile
Still praying, Portia. I have a good feeling about this job. BTW I am a nurse, age almost 61 and I applied to 5 jobs in Florida over a month ago and still have not heard from 3 of them. I wanted to stay in Florida but am in my first week of orientation in Boston on a 13 week travel assignment. SO glad to be here but hoping to return to Florida in Nov. with a job. It just doesn't seem to be easy out here for anyone these days. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2012 :  8:42:18 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, ladies. No, Joey, is isn't easy. I think the unemployment rate is higher than we are lead to believe. I would love to return to Louisiana if that is what the Lord wants.

Hugs,
Portia

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2012 :  07:34:19 AM  Show Profile
Oh I am sure it is...Out here in California it isn't easy at all.
take care prayers going up.
darlene

by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Please Continue Prayers for Jobs Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page