kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2012 :  8:57:36 PM  Show Profile

This is my clematis. I love how it's twined around and through this roll of barbed wire on the fence post.

This is my little rock garden. I have been adding things to it this year.

This is my 3 year old fig bush. Is it a bush or a tree? Anyway, it's loaded with figs. I have 2 others that are 2 years old and another that I got this spring.

And this is my carrot bed. I added 4 more bags of soil to it so I can get longer carrots this time.

And this was the sunrise this morning. Isn't that beautiful?
Happiness is simple.

www.kris-outbackfarm.blogspot.com

Edited by - kristin sherrill on Aug 11 2012 9:02:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2012 :  08:38:18 AM  Show Profile
Kris, I had a fig tree that my dad had planted in our yard the year I got married. Years later it was hit by lightening. It produced the biggest, purplish figs!!! It still has big branches, but has never produced again. I like the carrot bed. OH!!! the picture of the sunrise is just beautiful.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  05:57:56 AM  Show Profile
I just got back from my little mini vacation last night. Went out to the garden this morning and all my turnip greens are up!! The cucumbers all look great. And the field peas are getting bigger. I planted them in a row where I had squash, zucchini and cucumbers. Apparently I tilled seeds in and they are all coming up in the pea plants. I'll just leave them and see what happens. It'll be a mess but might just get some extra stuff.

I am off to pick beans and beans and more beans for market today.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  09:11:31 AM  Show Profile
Happy harvesting, Kris. I'm pulling up cucumber and tomato plants today. We have replanted pole beans and okra. Fingers are crossed. With this continual rain, I hope they don't drown.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2012 :  6:13:28 PM  Show Profile
I have not had too much time this week so next week I'll be pulling up my tomato plants. Have your okra and beans come up yet? We have had so much rain here it's hard to get things tilled and planted. But I am not complaining at all. I love green!

Kris

Happiness is simple.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2012 :  6:57:32 PM  Show Profile
We planted the beans between the rain. They are showing their heads a little. We are supposed to have rain all next week. So, I'm a bit concerned for the beans and okra we just planted. We shall see.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  4:17:32 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kris, you must be busy, I haven't seen any posts from you. How is the gardens doing?
The carrot seeds I planted have been eaten by something. The area where I planted them was dug up!
My hubby blames my outside cats, but I don't think they did it. Our beans are coming up nicely!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  4:24:02 PM  Show Profile
Hey marly. Just came in from the garden shed. My carrots in the box are all up but the ones I planted in the garden are not yet. The beets I planted last month are very sparse so I will till that row up and plant lettuce there. It's shadier there. Evenything else looks good here. We have had the best rains.

I have noticed a lot of my yard and garden has little tunnels all over and the ground is very mushy. Some kind of underground critter is having a great time tunneling my whole place up. It's hard to walk on that soft ground. And I have 6 flippin' cats! What the heck are they doing all day?

Kris

Happiness is simple.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  5:10:17 PM  Show Profile
By where the carrots WERE there is tunneling. We do have moles. Those little critters were hungary. My carrots were planted on an elevated bed. But, I didn't have a cover of them.
Oh, well...
Marly

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Garden Gate: Previous Topic Around My Gardens Today Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page