Author Sporty Farmgirls: Previous Topic Crossfit and Farming Next Topic  

Lorie.Vance
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Lorie
Tampa FL
200 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  6:56:30 PM  Show Profile
Who ever thought that when I started Crossfit 4-years ago that it would relate so much to with farming and gardening duties. The functional moves keep me strong enough to do heavy lifting, jumping, pulling, along with the crazy workouts of the day like hand stand push-ups, tire drags, box jumps, pull-ups, lush-ups and kettlebell swings. Though I don't live on an actual farm, I find that the concept of organic, sustainable living, and organic free range, pastured, and cage free proteins is shared by all my Crossfit friends. How many of you Crossfit?

The Vintage Garden Girl @blogspot.com

princesspatches
True Blue Farmgirl

431 Posts

arttie
iron mountain michigan
USA
431 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2012 :  03:58:57 AM  Show Profile
I don't crossfit. But I go for a 3 mile walk everyday and them come home and do p90x or ten-minute traine by Tony Horton. I do find I am stronger and able to keep up with hubby when doing farm chores. We haul wood and take care of animals.

Don't get me wrong....there is some vanity in there too. I like to be a certain size and weight. But I do feel healthier when I exercise.
Arttie
Go to Top of Page

Lorie.Vance
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Lorie
Tampa FL
200 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2012 :  07:39:56 AM  Show Profile
Arttie- PX- 90 is very hard and such a great workout. Kudos up you for keeping up with it at home. I need the group thing, I push so much harder. I love the shorter more intense workouts too.

Lorie
Go to Top of Page
  Sporty Farmgirls: Previous Topic Crossfit and Farming Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page