Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 whatever happened to customer service?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic whatever happened to customer service? Next Topic  

LuckyMommyof5
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Suzanne
OH
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2012 :  07:22:52 AM  Show Profile
OK, Farmgirls, I'm about to rant a little.

In the last 6 months I've experienced shockingly bad customer service at so many places around here I am almost afraid to go out anymore!

I've been snapped at by employees at Barnes and Noble just for asking for help with finding a book, I got screamed at by a manager of a Panera for asking if they could refill the empty coffee dispenser (he said he was busy, but there were about 12 employees there and it was an off hour, so no one else was there but us and two older ladies at another table!) And at another Panera on a different day I waited almost half an hour for them to fill a to go order (again, on an off hour when the place was almost empty and I was the only customer at the counter) and when I inquired of the employee behind the counter how much longer it would be, she snapped, "How should I know?" and walked off popping her gum. I complained to the manager and he said, "I'm sorry it's taking a while, but what do you want me to do about it?" Really, is THAT phrase in the Panera employee manual for how to talk to customers?

I've also experienced bad service at our local Olive Garden restaurant and even from vendors at various Farmer's Markets around here. I even had a bad experience at a Dillard's when I went to buy my husband a birthday present last month and I tried to find a cash register station that had anyone at it so I could buy his shirt. After traipsing through several sections with all my little girls in tow, I finally found a register with SIX clerks all standing around shooting the breeze with each other. I was so relieved to find anyone I blurted out, "Here you all are, I was looking everywhere!" and one of the salespeople gave me a snotty look and said, "The store is dead today, we can't be expected to just stand around at every register doing nothing." Really? But it is ok with Dillard's company policy to have it's employees all stand around in one section talking all day and ignoring any customers who do come by?

And these incidents usually happen when my little girls are with me, so I hate to make a big fuss, but I'm tired of consumers and customers getting treated like this at businesses.

Has anyone else noticed this or experienced it?

Farmgirl Sister #3243

"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Edited by - LuckyMommyof5 on Jul 11 2012 07:24:45 AM

Melina
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Melina

USA
435 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2012 :  07:29:48 AM  Show Profile
Oh, yes. It seems bad manners and a sense of entitlement are the attitude of the day. Sadly, it's probably partly because of the snotty attitude many customers have. Granted, that's no excuse. I've worked in retail or a service industry most of my adult life and I find rudeness on both sides of the cash register to be rampant. They should be so grateful they even have a job in these tough times.

The morning breeze has secrets to tell you. Do not go back to sleep.
Rumi
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2012 :  07:41:39 AM  Show Profile
Write a letter or send an email to the main office. Get the rude ones names. Sorry you had to experience that, especially when you were spending your money to support them.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2012 :  09:08:40 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Melina

Oh, yes. It seems bad manners and a sense of entitlement are the attitude of the day. Sadly, it's probably partly because of the snotty attitude many customers have. Granted, that's no excuse. I've worked in retail or a service industry most of my adult life and I find rudeness on both sides of the cash register to be rampant. They should be so grateful they even have a job in these tough times.

The morning breeze has secrets to tell you. Do not go back to sleep.
Rumi

I agree. Personally, I have worked a bit at our booth, which requires a vendor to work behind the counter at times. Wow. People have a sense of themselves that is off-putting, to say the least. Mommy always told them they are special, and, so, we peons must continue to make them believe that! NOT! Just get their money, bag up their stuff and boot them out of the door...all the while with a fake smile in place.

But, since I've discovered online shopping, I've had a couple of bad experiences with customer service in who-knows-where. My standard line for bad customer service is (are you ready??) "I'm profit, you're overhead." or "My money pays your salary." or "I'm the customer." These are only to be used when the cust serv rep gets nasty first. Then it's 'mirror the idiot' time and toss it back. I've actually had the big bosses send me an apologetic email afterward.

As a former big rig driver, I never had to put up with cr*p, could always drive away. This, where I'm stuck dealing with these clowns, is a new experience!!

Rest assured, you can always take your money elsewhere (towing your little girls along and showing how not to be a victim!!)

My website: http://antlersantiqueswindchimes.weebly.com

Go to Top of Page

SpyChicken
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Christine
Fond du Lac WI
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2012 :  2:40:11 PM  Show Profile
My husband has worked as a general manager in retail for almost 15 years and what I can suggest is this: most places now offer an online customer satisfaction survey (or they have a number you can call, etc.)...definitely use those tools to let the home office or the district manager know that employees were rude to you, or the product was substandard, etc. My husband's company uses a system like that and boy, do they sit up and take notice when they get less than favorable marks! Often, managers' receive a bonus when they do a good job and the store receives high marks for doing things right. If the company doesn't offer an online/phone survey, I would encourage you to write a letter. My dad writes the president of the company-good or bad and it gets results!

Which reminds me, I need to call the Walmart customer line...the other day ds and I stood at the register in the electronics dept for 10 minutes and the clerk walked past us no less than six times without so much as an acknowledgement that we existed much less that we needed to pay for an item!
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2012 :  3:32:13 PM  Show Profile
Suzanne,

I haven't had anything as rude as what happened to you happen to me, but I have noticed a lot of the younger workers seem to be so s...l...o...w. We went to Subway one day and there was a young lady behind the counter. She was incredibly slow like that's all she had to do that day was to make my sub. I asked for spinach so she'd take two leaves of spinach, arrange them on the sub, take 2 more leaves, etc...etc. The line was backing up with customers, and I could see the other employees were getting annoyed. Another day while grocery shopping, a young lady was bagging my groceries and she was super slow. I felt like asking her to move so I could do it. It's like she wasn't making any effort to try and keep up. I understand that people may be having a bad day or what not, but I see slow service more and more. I don't care what kind of job you have, you should take pride in what you do...if not for the company, for yourself!

I went into the dollar store one evening and there was a younger male and female working. They had this heavy metal music playing pretty loud and they were talking about things that were pretty inappropriate. I just don't get it. I'm sorry, I know there are a lot of responsible young adults/kids out there and I shouldn't generalize, but I think it has a lot to do with the next generation. Like Melina said, they feel a sense of entitlement.

I like the letter idea. I think that would make the best progress as far as some type of action being taken.

Emily
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2012 :  11:33:19 AM  Show Profile
I'm going to add to this forum my personal pet peeve....customer service phone scams!! A couple days ago, I went to pay my vehicle registration. The invoice said I could pay it over the phone or online, so I called the 800 number that was PRINTED ON THE DMV BILL! The number connected me to someone in India who said congratulations you've just won 600.00 worth of grocery coupons from.....someplace I've never heard of. I politely said that I just wanted to pay my car registration. This back and worth went on and on until I was getting really irritated! When I was close to screaming the guy said he would give me the "right" number which turned out to be the number for long distance directory assistance.....aarrrgghhh. After wasting about 15 minutes I finally got the right number and paid my bill. So frustrating!!!!! This happened again recently when I was having an issue with the satellite radio in my car. I called the number for Sirius and got someone in India yet again...after going back and forth for no kidding about 30 minutes I asked to be connected to "second tier" in the United States. He reluctantly connected me, I got a woman on the phone who sent a signal and the problem was fixed in 3 minutes. The moral of these stories is that we need to stop outsourcing our customer service!!!!!!!!!

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

cori1312
True Blue Farmgirl

64 Posts

Leslie
Fairborn Ohio
USA
64 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2012 :  11:47:31 AM  Show Profile
LoL! I haven't had any rude people lately. I'm so sorry you ladies are dealing with this, but I have actually had particularly good experiences with my local businesses, to the point that I have called their corporate numbers just to say so.

I do remember my dad telling me about going to the local McDonalds and ordering two 2-cheeseburger meals, and arguing with the teenager about how many cheeseburgers there should be. Really, two meals, with two cheeseburgers each should be four, right? She argued and argued, until he asked for the manager. Fortunately, all was set right, but I don't think the manager thought very highly of her math skills.

"You don't have a soul; you are a soul. You have a body." - C.S. Lewis
Go to Top of Page

Hoosiermom
True Blue Farmgirl

199 Posts

Beth
Alexandria IN
USA
199 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2012 :  1:21:36 PM  Show Profile
I agree, it is getting bad a lot of places. I have been known to leave a register belt full of my things at Rural King after some really bad treatment by an employee & then emailing the corporate office. I normally wouldn't do that & try not to be a complainer, but I had received a lot of attitude throughout my time at the register, I was treated way too cocky, I then asked to speak to a manager, which was just as bad, if not worse...so they had almost $100 worth of items rang up, continued to give me the smart attitude after I gave them the check & as they were sacking the items, I said "you know what, I think I want to return everything I just bought...NOW!" LOL I felt kind of evil, but you should have seen the look on there faces, "are you serious?"and I said "Yes, I am & thank you very much." I got silence & no attitude the rest of the time, I was very nice about signing the papers & waited patiently for them to do so. Pretty sure they thougth I would change my mind since I had to wait on the manager again to come over & approve the return...who also had that unforgetably surprised look on their face. I told them next time I would go to Big R since I was such an inconvenience for them & they didn't like to answer my questions.
We have a business of our own & our employees are great. Trying to instill some good work ethics in our son, he is 9yrs old & helps out in our business & already has better people skills than some adults. It's sad but there are a lot of ungrateful & unhappy people & seems things are only getting worse.

Beth
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2012 :  9:01:03 PM  Show Profile
I went to QT tonight to get some gas and a few other things. As I got ready to pay, the cashier, who was having a conversation with a friend, said "Anything else?" I replied "Twenty dollars on pump ten". She rang up my purchases and said "Two seventy-two". She hadn't even heard me! I said again "twenty dollars on pump ten". she just looked at me sideways, rang it up and went back to talking to her friend. Sheesh!
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LuckyMommyof5
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Suzanne
OH
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2012 :  05:11:42 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, everyone, for posting about your experiences - it makes me feel I'm not alone. Of course, it also makes me upset that so many of you are also getting bad service.

Beth - I LOVED you instantly returning all the stuff you just bought after receiving that treatment! It serves them right, and more power to you for doing it.

I really should be contacting the corporate offices and complaining with emails or letters. I think part of me gets so worn down with dealing with it that I wonder what the point is - but you were all right when you said the home offices of these businesses should know what is going on.

I've worked jobs in retail and the food service industry and I would have never dreamed of behaving in the ways I've seen others do. And it's not as if I think honest mistakes or a "bad day" aren't possible, I just wonder where a SINCERE apology from management and an effort to make it right went? Where is all the hostile attitude toward customers coming from? And not just from staff, but from the managers, as well!

Farmgirl Sister #3243

"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." - Laura Ingalls Wilder
Go to Top of Page

crittergranny
True Blue Farmgirl

1096 Posts

Laura
Lindrith NM
USA
1096 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2012 :  08:48:26 AM  Show Profile
I know it's aggravating but I think sometimes it is an indicator that someone needs a prayer sent up for them. Sometimes I will send up a little prayer right there and just stand back and let God work as I watch. God is so good.
And sometimes I just feel ornery and give them a hard time back. Life is short take it in stride.
Laura

Horse poor in the boonies.

www.nmbarrelhorses.com
Go to Top of Page

rphelps4
True Blue Farmgirl

620 Posts

roxanna
westport indiana
USA
620 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2012 :  08:51:46 AM  Show Profile  Send rphelps4 a Yahoo! Message
I know a lot of people are very rude to the workers in retail, but I am not one of those people, and have left stores before because of rude sales people. I guess I am from the old school where the customer is always right, and I still except that!!
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2012 :  09:16:57 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Hoosiermom

I agree, it is getting bad a lot of places. I have been known to leave a register belt full of my things at Rural King after some really bad treatment by an employee & then emailing the corporate office. I normally wouldn't do that & try not to be a complainer, but I had received a lot of attitude throughout my time at the register, I was treated way too cocky, I then asked to speak to a manager, which was just as bad, if not worse...so they had almost $100 worth of items rang up, continued to give me the smart attitude after I gave them the check & as they were sacking the items, I said "you know what, I think I want to return everything I just bought...NOW!" LOL I felt kind of evil, but you should have seen the look on there faces, "are you serious?"and I said "Yes, I am & thank you very much." I got silence & no attitude the rest of the time, I was very nice about signing the papers & waited patiently for them to do so. Pretty sure they thougth I would change my mind since I had to wait on the manager again to come over & approve the return...who also had that unforgetably surprised look on their face. I told them next time I would go to Big R since I was such an inconvenience for them & they didn't like to answer my questions.
We have a business of our own & our employees are great. Trying to instill some good work ethics in our son, he is 9yrs old & helps out in our business & already has better people skills than some adults. It's sad but there are a lot of ungrateful & unhappy people & seems things are only getting worse.

Beth

Beth, I like you a whole lot!! Heh!....

My website: http://antlersantiqueswindchimes.weebly.com

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2012 :  11:21:59 AM  Show Profile
Girls - I absolutely have to agree - we have encountered a LOT of bad service recently... I won't go into details about every little incident, but just know I'm with you, and there are a LOT of them... And Beth?! YOU ROCK!!!

What I would like to share with you is an essay my son wrote last year about my husband's experience with the Pittsburgh Pirates. My husband had been a partial season ticket holder for eight years, faithful to not miss even a single game, even if it meant he'd have to attend by himself, even if it meant he was down to his last few dollars to get there, even if they were on a horrific losing streak - it didn't matter. He loves the Pirates that much. What happened was a sad shame... needless to say, he is no longer a season ticket holder. My son and my husband are pretty bummed about it, especially since the Pirates are having such a stellar year... But my husband is still sticking to his guns... If this is how they treat their ticket holders, they surely do not deserve his money!!!

"MY DAD AND THE PITTSBURGH PIRATES

My dad loves baseball, but especially the Pittsburgh Pirates. He knows everything about them, including every player’s name and his statistics. He watches every game, even games from 50 years ago. My dad will even go to games by himself if he cannot find anyone else to go with him. He has been a partial season ticket holder for eight years, until now.

Last year, when my father and I attended a game, he remembered that a friend from work was there, too. At the end of the seventh inning we decided to go find him. While on our way to his seats, an usher suddenly stopped us. My dad explained that we were looking for his friend. The usher replied that we could not go down there unless we wanted to be ejected from the stadium. Normally, during the seventh inning stretch, fans are allowed to roam and find better seats, but the usher told us to leave very abrasively. When we left, he followed us around, so we sought out his manager. The manager understood our complaint, but said that the usher had been right in telling us that we couldn’t go to see our friend. Frustrated by the whole situation, we left the stadium.

The next game we attended was even more interesting. The day before, my dad had called the ticket representative to get his free tickets which were part of the season ticket holder benefit package. He was assigned seats that were not nearly as good as our regular seats. He admitted that the seats were okay, considering how late he called in the season for them.

This being our second to last baseball game for the season, we arrived early to chat with our other friends who were also season ticket holders in our section. My Dad was telling them the story of the cruddy seats he received, and suddenly the man sitting next to us said, “I don’t know who lied to you, but I just walked up to the main office before the game and got 20 tickets for this section for the last home game!” Feeling cheated, my dad had the look of pure, unadulterated rage on his face.

The next thing I knew, my dad said, “Let’s go, Sam!” Not understanding what he meant, I followed him. We made our way to the Guest Relations desk in the stadium where we were greeted by a compassionate representative who understood my dad’s frustration as he relayed the story. The man told my dad that he would call his manager down to speak with us, but explained it would probably take about fifteen to twenty minutes for his manager to be there. My dad said, “Okay, we will be back. We’re going for ice cream.” I think we left just so my dad could cool down.

We returned after fifteen minutes. The manager was still nowhere to be found, so we sat down and waited. Ten minutes later, he showed up. After hearing our complaint, he replied, “We cannot help you because the game for tomorrow is sold out.” My dad said, “Can’t you look and see if there are any better seats?” The manager became very condescending and answered, “I don’t have to look, I know that there are no seats.” Boy, was my dad angry. We returned to our seats.

After watching the Pirates basically get their hats handed to them for the umpteenth time this season, Dad was really boiling. We made another trip to the Guest Relations office. My dad said to the nice representative, “This is the last year I’ll ever be a season ticket holder.” He handed the man his season ticket holder card and stormed out. We returned home in utter silence.

The next morning, my dad went to the main ticket office to obtain his two complimentary luxury seat tickets, then proceeded to sell all the tickets he had to the scalpers <PLEASE NOTE: THE SCALPERS PAY FACE VALUE FOR THE TICKETS - THIS IS A LEGAL TRANSACTION.>. When he got home, he called our season ticket representative, told him the story of what happened the previous night, and how much of a condescending worm that manager had been. Our rep said that he would love to give us two tickets to make up for it, but unfortunately the Pirates’ season had ended. My dad understood and hung up. That was the end of the season for us.

After the holidays, my dad received a letter inviting him to Piratefest. He specifically chose to attend on the day when Frank Coonelly, Neal Huntingdon and Clint Hurdle were conducting a question and answer session. My dad’s plan was to explain this debacle to the Pirates higher-ups, in the hopes of receiving some sort of consideration or apology.

As we were leaving, my mother jokingly recommended that dad be careful and control his temper unless he wanted to be arrested.

When we arrived at the Convention Center, the first thing we did was eat. My dad was pretty riled up, but he has never been known to pass up a good hot dog. When the announcement came for people to form a line for questions, my dad quickly rose from his seat and took position. He waited patiently for his turn, but when it arrived, he let loose. He explained to the management about the incident with the tickets. While he was speaking, a lady approached him and tried to stop his rant. He just turned to her and said, “I’ll say what I want, to whom I want, when I want, where I want!” and continued to speak. When he was finished with his speech, he turned to Head Coach Clint Hurdle and complimented him. Before he left the microphone, he tore his season ticket renewal form up in front of everyone. It was very dramatic. A few people in the crowd applauded him. I was really proud of my dad for sticking to his guns like that.

It’s a sad thing that my dad was treated so poorly by the Pirates. Now he watches the games on television at home, but somehow the Pirates have lost their luster. I hope someday he’ll be able to get past the whole incident because I know how important baseball and the Pirates are to him. And, although my mom really tries, her hot dogs are just not the same."

It's everywhere - simply everywhere. And such a shame, because to me, this kind of behavior is simply un-American. We're the greatest nation in the world, you'd think we'd be courteous, gracious and friendly to anyone and everyone who frequents our businesses. And in this day and age, especially, you'd think people would be thrilled and grateful to have your business and to have jobs. Instead, this is what we get. The customer may not always be right, but we do owe the customer as much gratitude and courtesy for their patronage as possible - they really COULD go elsewhere, dontchaknow. And if enough people do, your business could be in deep doo-doo. And people wonder why businesses are having such a hard time. This is not the way it was when I was a kid, I'll tell you that. But I'm not bitter! LOL!

Hang in there, girls!

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Edited by - Ninibini on Jul 13 2012 11:24:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

LuckyMommyof5
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Suzanne
OH
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2012 :  12:25:06 PM  Show Profile
Nini - first, please tell your son how succinct and well-written I found his essay. He did a very good job with it. Second, my sympathies to your husband on his downright terrible experience with the Pirates. The ticketing management and customer service reps should be ashamed of themselves. The sad thing is, your husband took all the right steps to have his very serious and understandable issues with the way he was being treated addressed, and it seems like no one cared. That's plain not right.

Farmgirl Sister #3243

Edited by - LuckyMommyof5 on Jul 15 2012 07:45:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

Hoosiermom
True Blue Farmgirl

199 Posts

Beth
Alexandria IN
USA
199 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2012 :  12:29:39 PM  Show Profile
I'm glad to see you girls enjoyed my experience. lol I have to say, I was kind of embarrassed of myself for doing this, but I was fed up & I didn't have my son with me so I guess I was feeling a little daring. Glad to see some supporters! I was not sure if I should admit to doing this on here or not...now I'm glad I did. LOL

Beth
Go to Top of Page

LuckyMommyof5
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Suzanne
OH
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2012 :  12:49:59 PM  Show Profile
Beth - you are one of my new HEROES for doing that. You had every right after the way you were treated. You took a stand for all consumers. Be proud of yourself!!!! I'm proud of you!

Farmgirl Sister #3243

Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1673 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1673 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2012 :  4:00:37 PM  Show Profile
Oh yes, there is alot of ruddness out there. I have come across a few myself. I'm not rude to employees of certain stores when there rude. I just smile and walk out of the store and go somewhere else if I can. Has my granddaughter told me not to long ago "nana God wants us to be nice to each other" I told her yes He does.
Laurie

suburban countrygirl at heart

http://www.etsy.com/people/lauriescott60
Aprons and More by Laurie
Go to Top of Page

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  3:11:05 PM  Show Profile
Generally speaking, I try to be very understanding of people and give a wide berth, most folks that are crabby are that way for a reason, and I don't want to add to someone's suffering, BUT....

I am fed up to here with the entitlement attitude most people under 30 have these days. My generation has been told all their lives that they are special, unique lil snow flakes, and sure, some kids with self esteem issues need that building up, but my Lord; in most cases it's created a monster. We have thousands of people who believe they are entitled to a job they like, a nice car to drive, credit on demand, recognition for their achievements however mundane and everything in between.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/high-school-graduation-speaker-tells-students-not-special-145709954.html

Here in Phoenix, job market is tough, and competition for your retail dollar is even tougher. Managers do NOT take well to complaints like you ladies have described, and corporate offices take them even harder.

More and more often, I am finding a 27 year old father, or a 45 year old single mother smiling back at me behind the counter, they want that job, and a shot at a better one.

~*~ http://silverstarfamilyfarm.blogspot.com/ ~*~

“When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.”
~Erma Bombeck
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2012 :  11:07:12 AM  Show Profile
It can go both ways, unfortunately. My son works for a grocery chain, and he gets yelled at every day from customers, about things he has no control over. Some make fun of his job and say things like "don't work too hard" in a sarcastic way. He's more frustrated with his job due to the customers being so loud.

One time a mother was beating on her kid, and a social worker just happened to be in the same line. They had to call the police due to this woman hitting her kids.

On other occasions, he's had to call the police, due to drunks in the store. They try to leave without paying and knock stuff over in the store.

It could be just the location, but I thought I'd share from the other side too.

I do agree customer service is bad. I've had my share of experiences too.

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

From my hands: http://pioneerpatchworkhomespun.blogspot.com/

From my Camera: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pioneerwomanatheart/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic whatever happened to customer service? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page