Page: of 14

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2012 :  9:31:14 PM  Show Profile
I think a book devoted only to farm cats and barn cats would be a great idea. Many of the farmgirls have cats and many of them have lots of barn cats. Can you imagine the different colored cats!!!!!! We (the farmgirls who have cats) could send pictures of our cats, to Mary Jane. She could put this book together and sell it. I would surely want a copy.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2012 :  9:36:44 PM  Show Profile
I would buy it. I love cats.I even thought of a title. Finincky Felines of Farmgirls From MaryJanesFarm! hehehe. Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2012 :  07:34:42 AM  Show Profile
I like that title, Marlee. And- maybe there could be short stories of our favorite cats.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2012 :  2:18:32 PM  Show Profile
That would be so fun. I know with your 4 furry felines you definitely have stories. And my cat Sox is a history unto himself. It would be awesome. Marly hopefully others will like the idea. Hugs Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2012 :  2:26:26 PM  Show Profile
Maybe you and I should do a book. Yours is a good title, and think of the authors: Marlee & Marly. What a hoot!!!!!!!!!!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2012 :  3:17:15 PM  Show Profile
We might just have to! I love the authors!heheheheheh Hugs Marlee

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2012 :  3:33:03 PM  Show Profile
My first cat was named Henry the Dragon. Oh! do I have some funny stories about him. He was the love of my life.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2012 :  3:44:58 PM  Show Profile
My dad's name was Henry. That's to funny. I've had alot of cats over the years. But when I was 16 I had a cat named Puddin Uddin.My mother name her.S he was the most wonderful, sweetest cat. My cat I have now is so hilarious he makes me laugh all the time.
Your cat, just by the sound of his name tells me he was a mess. Hootie Hoot! Marlee

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2012 :  3:54:04 PM  Show Profile
He wasn't a mess with me, only with my husband who constantly terrorized him. Henry Dragon loved his Mom! I now have 5 cat, 4 outside, and one inside; they always make me laugh. One of my outside cats, Audrey Hepburn, got stung on the end of her nose, by a wasp. Her nose got huge!!!! She looked cross-eyes for a couple of days. I tell you, the other three outside cats were actually laughing at her.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2012 :  4:03:27 PM  Show Profile
Marly that is funny! I know Audrey didn't think it was funny. I can't help it but I am still laughing. Marlee

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2012 :  4:19:52 PM  Show Profile
I won't even tell Audrey you were laughing. I laughed, too, but not in front of her. She was the runt of the litter, but now she is, by far, the fattest one!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2012 :  4:27:36 PM  Show Profile
That is a cute story Marly!
Hugs
That just makes my day! Marlee

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2012 :  4:42:56 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for chiming in, that was fun. Do think about that Farm and Barn Cat book. I think we are on to something. AND--- the two authors would be both from Louisiana!!!!! What a hoot.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2012 :  4:49:36 PM  Show Profile
It was fun. I love the idea.I'll put my thinking cap on. Hugs Marlee

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2012 :  5:48:42 PM  Show Profile
I already have several real cat stories. I'll be thinking of more! Thanks, Marlee.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2012 :  7:01:29 PM  Show Profile
Meow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Marlee

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2012 :  8:21:59 PM  Show Profile
I'm ready to start the Farm & Barn Cat book. Any nice or funny stories you've remembered? I guess we'll have to do this ourselves. LOL. One of my cats is named Moon Graffon. Are you familiar with Moon Graffon the radio talk show fellow from Louisiana? I think he is in Monroe.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2012 :  04:38:41 AM  Show Profile
I love my barn kitties ... who came to me by way of people throwing them out. My farm is the last house on the road and then, all Gov. property surrounds me. So you would not believe the things people throw on my land.
No matter, I take them get checked out spay or nutered and they live with all the other barn cats. I had two of them that came from the same litter that someone threw away. They were so small. I now have 9 cats.

Teri
White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2012 :  08:10:17 AM  Show Profile
Teri, all the pets I have were dumped off or found their way to my house. Thanks for giving the cats a home. At least now they know what love is. I bet you have lots of cat stories you could put in a book. Hugs to the cats. Did you name them?
Marly

Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2012 :  08:25:58 AM  Show Profile
Hi you two, my cat Sox he found his way to our house 7 years ago. A skinny little thing. Now he is fat and sassy.

I will be away a couple of days this weekend then I'll be back. And think of some stories to write down, a few years ago I made a paws and claws
little scrap pockets and I found all the pics I had of my cats and dogs. But cats are my favorite.

This should be really fun.

Marly I dont think I know who Moon Graffon is?

So talk to you later. Sox says hi! hehehe. Hugs Marlee

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2012 :  08:34:17 AM  Show Profile
Marlee- have a nice weekend. Two of my five cats came in with the flood of Hurricane Rita. Talk about skinny!!! I thought one of them was a big rat!!!!!!!!!!!! Until it let out this pitiful MEOW did I realize it was a kitten. Like Sox, they are all butterballs now.
Teri, feel free to tell us another story about any or all of your cats.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2012 :  08:47:55 AM  Show Profile
Of course, I have Barney and Fred, Click and Clack, Clair, Double Stuff, Oreo,Spook, Cricket, Every one of them deserve a name, have a name and will live with me until they leave this earth.

Teri
White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2012 :  2:38:19 PM  Show Profile
You are, indeed, my kind of animal lover person. Good for you, and great for the stray cats.
The names of my now cats are: Amazing Grace (Gracie), Moon, Pepper, Nadia, and Audrey Hepburn (Audrey).
I love Click and Clack. And Spook!!!!!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2012 :  6:08:52 PM  Show Profile
I love all animals ... some a bit more than others ...LoL!

Teri
White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  12:31:17 PM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh Teri, I love the name of your cats.
I havent forgot this, just a bunch of stuff came up, so trying to get done. We still need to do this.It would be so fun! Whoohoo!
Marlee

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  1:06:08 PM  Show Profile
Good to have you back. I've been trying to get my Gracie cat out from under the dresser. I was washing pots in the kitchen sink, she thought I had food up there, and slippppppppp, into one of the pots full of water. Now this cat hates water. I once posted a picture of her after a gave her a bath. Just the look told anyone what she thought.
Nice to have you back, Marleeeeeeeeeee. Marly

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Book Ideas: Previous Topic Farm & Barn Cats Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page