Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Entrepreneurship
 How many own their own business?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic How many own their own business? Next Topic
Page: of 3

Antb
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

antonia
Rockforf Il
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2013 :  7:14:28 PM  Show Profile
I have a couple shops on Etsy. I do have a lot of fun with them, and they help to pay the bills.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/SecondChanceCeramics
http://www.etsy.com/shop/AntB

Go to Top of Page

GoddessintheGroove
True Blue Farmgirl

265 Posts

Heike
Sacramento CA
265 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2013 :  9:22:17 PM  Show Profile
Hi :)

I have had GoddessintheGroove.com for about 14 years now. I sell on Etsy, at shows, and via my website.

I am actually in the process of revamping, and making my business "real", as my tax man likes to say. I am expanding into doing workshops, both for "making" things like ferments, bread, jewelry, as well as art/coaching types of women's workshops.

My dream is to have a place where I could store & sell my vintage treasures. I am thinking about purchasing an old delivery truck and converting it into "gypsy wagon" :).

As you can see, I am all over the place. Seriously, I was in retail & customer service, direct sales & marketing, for years. I can put on a suit and sell ice to an eskimo, but have chosen to do this.

I recently hunkered down,and am now following more of a plan. It helps me focus as I revamp and get more organized. This Gypsy needs a steady income for all these steady bills :). Getting a plan is the one thing I can only recommend now that I am doing it. There are tons of courses & info out there, you have to find what fits for you.

Good luck!
Heike

FarmGirl Sister #2245
"A journey back to the roots..."
http://www.herbmagik.com

"Women with opinions, pendants, & KitchenWitches...all in one."
http://www.goddessinthegroove.com

Find me on FB: http://www.facebook.com/theGoddessintheGroove
Go to Top of Page

LeighErica
True Blue Farmgirl

306 Posts

Erica
PA
USA
306 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2013 :  05:28:52 AM  Show Profile
I started my own little business of selling used books online. Honestly, it took off really fast and I did alot of sales last fall through Christmas, but since then almost nothing. Not giving up though, want to ride it out a bit and see where it goes. Hoping it picks back up and this is just a lull in shopping from Christmas. Erica:)

Farm Girl #2731
Go to Top of Page

BamaSuzy
True Blue Farmgirl

138 Posts

Alabama
USA
138 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2013 :  12:05:03 PM  Show Profile
I have a small general store here on my farm :) and I sell "farm fresh eggs from happy chickens," all kinds of my homemade goat milk soaps, quilted baby and lap quilts, quilted baby bibs, aprons, all sorts of jellies I make (like honeysuckle and tomato jellies), dried herbs and herbal teas, and anything else I make! We also sell some heirloom plants in the spring from my son and daughter-in-law's greenhouse. AND I also sell some Amish products...( www.suzysfarm.com ..although I no longer write for daily or weekly newspapers (I was an investigative newspaper reporter/photographer for about 35 years) I do write one or two articles each month (including a monthly column call Simple Times) for our state's farm magazine....so I guess that's a little business on the side! :)the magazine's web site is www.alafarmnews.com

You can bury a lot of troubles digging in the dirt!

Edited by - BamaSuzy on Feb 13 2013 12:06:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

Breanna
True Blue Farmgirl

208 Posts

Breanna
Parker Colorado
USA
208 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2013 :  1:18:15 PM  Show Profile
I own my own business - not an etsy business, but I teach horse lessons. What a lot of entrepreneurs there are on here! :D

Farmgirl Bre

http://breanna-lifespoem.blogspot.com/

"By day the Lord directs His love, at night His song is with me- a prayer to the God of my life." Ps. 42:8
Go to Top of Page

SandraM
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

Sandra
Coldwater Michigan
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2013 :  1:23:14 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for sharing alll of your businesses. A lot of variety and talent.
We are getting closer to being able to process wool. We are very excited!

Sandra
www.mittenstatesheepandwool.com
Go to Top of Page

rubyleesmom
True Blue Farmgirl

190 Posts

Colina
Homosassa FL
USA
190 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2013 :  12:39:03 AM  Show Profile  Send rubyleesmom a Yahoo! Message
My hubby and I have a new little tractor business (bushhogging etc) but havent done much with it yet. We also make quilts which we have been trying to sell on ebay but have had no luck so far. I keep debating about etsy but im still undecided. You all's businesses sound awesome! Go farmgirls! :-)
Go to Top of Page

MissBarnes
Farmgirl in Training

35 Posts

Loretta
Hardin Montana
35 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2013 :  09:08:45 AM  Show Profile
I have just signed up as a Farmgirl Sister #5079 and am so excited. I was feeling a little isolated in community and decided to reach out a little. Soooo glad I did!! I was about in tears reading all of the posts from sisters just doing what they love. I run the family business, which is not interesting at all, but have so many other things going on. At the moment I am redoing a vintage canned ham camper to pull around and use for bake sales and fundraisers. A lot of the extra work I do is for charity but looking to make a little pofit in the future!! Best of luck to you all, you are so inspiring!!
Go to Top of Page

SandraM
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

Sandra
Coldwater Michigan
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2013 :  10:07:56 AM  Show Profile
I am glad you posted Loretta!
I know what you mean, so many amazing ladies :)
We are closer than we were last year with our wool adventure! Just keep moving forward!

Sandra
www.mittenstatesheepandwool.com
Go to Top of Page

EllaRow
True Blue Farmgirl

64 Posts

Chantelle
Nevis MN
USA
64 Posts

Posted - May 23 2013 :  2:49:10 PM  Show Profile
Goodness which one to start with...

Rowland Computers Plus- My husband and I co-own this. He fixes, repairs, disinfects, and builds computers for people. I finally got my software together to start websites for people under the same business but we're at the point we have to save up some money to buy some extra computers as a website server (the computers do nothing but hold files for people's websites so they don't have to pay the online fees, these can reeeally add up). I'm starting out with basic websites until I feel more secure about online shopping carts and interactive stuff. Only ones I've made thats online at the moment is RhodesGardenCenter.com which is my mother's 3rd generation greenhouse business (which I will take over when she retires) and my husband's friend who owns BerndtGuideService.com. Hes a fishing guide for this area. We haven't gotten our name out there as much as we'd like but we're getting there.

Caveman Woodworking and Crafts- My husband and I co-own this one as well. We started the business last year but this is our first year displaying and selling product. He makes lots of wood related items like birdhouses, feeders, toy cars, window boxes, and more. He also makes wooden sculptures but nothing too big yet. I paint rocks to look like frogs, ladybugs, bumblebees, snakes, turtles, penguins, and more. Our only venue at the moment is my mother's shop at her greenhouse biz which is conveniently next door. I'm hoping to start Farmer's markets and Flea markets once I get enough product. We're hoping to get on Etsy and Amazon.com once he has some more products built, but we have yet to do that. We're working on getting a website up for this one too. (handy when you're a website programmer )

Other then that my mother has told me I am her only hope of retirement when she's ready. The greenhouse biz is right next door so it would open up a few opportunities, but for now we're trying not to overwhelm ourselves while we're planting our gardens too.

Soaking in wisdom as the showers fall
Go to Top of Page

JudyT
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Judy
Southwest Wisconsin
USA
196 Posts

Posted - May 25 2013 :  06:36:41 AM  Show Profile
My husband and I own our own business, it's a drafting business for structural steel design, and I did the bookkeeping. Our son jumped on board with us about 6-7 years ago which had allowed us to finally live our dream and move to the country. My husband still works but I passed my duties over to another. Since moving to our farm we make maple syrup and sell it to a business in town which specializes in selling local products along with their cheese and butter.

Judy~Farmgirl Sister #599
I've lived in an urban area most my life, but now I'm living in a rural area up on a ridge in the Ocooch Mountains in Southwest Wisconsin, sharing my life at...http://dailyyarnsnmore.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic How many own their own business? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page