Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Looking for a good fudge recipe
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Looking for a good fudge recipe Next Topic  

KansasFarmMomma
True Blue Farmgirl

91 Posts

91 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2012 :  12:08:09 PM  Show Profile
It's almost fair time and I've been trying to find a good fudge recipe to take with me. I just recently made fudge for the first time and while it turned out great, it has to be refrigerated or else it gets really really squishy. I am thinking of the fudge that I get at the state fair and that's hard even though it's not refrigerated. I need to drop it off on Friday night and it won't be judged until Saturday afternoon. Does anyone have any good suggestions on where to find one that will stay a little harder? I've looked on pinterest without much luck. Thanks!

Nicole
Farmgirl # 4209
www.bearpawphotography.weebly.com
www.KShappyhomemaker.wordpress.com

jollyquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

WV
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2012 :  7:04:00 PM  Show Profile
The old fashion cooked kind will stay firm. But it might get a bit grainy if you are not careful.

www.StuffByKim.etsy.com
http://fiberandflea.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Rivergirl_2007
True Blue Farmgirl

332 Posts

Shirley
Karnak IL
USA
332 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2012 :  10:39:19 AM  Show Profile
Hope I'm not too late with this. I make mine from scratch. It is creamy in texture but firm. 3 C sugar, 3 heaping tablespoons cocoa, dash of salt, whisk together and add 1 1/2 C milk and a couple tablespoons corn syrup, stir and cook over medium heat until soft ball stage (240 degrees). Remove from heat and stir with a wooden spoon. Add 1 tsp vanilla, 1 tsp butter extract (optional), 1 tsp chocolate extract (optional), 1/2 cube butter or margarine, and about 1/4 C peanut butter (optional). Continue stirring until it begins to loose the gloss. Pour into a butter pan or dish. Let set. If the humidity is high, wait until evening to prepare. This helps the sugar from settling and making the fudge grainy.
Go to Top of Page

JoyIowa
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Joy

273 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2012 :  7:16:52 PM  Show Profile
Here's a good one as well: 1 can sweetened condensed milk, 3 c. chocolate chips, 1 1/2 t. vanilla, 1/4 t. almond extract. (optional) Microwave 3 1/2 minutes. Stir. Pour in pan. Cool!

Easy and wonderfully wonderful!

Joy

If it's not illegal, unsafe, or immoral, why not try anything once? Who knows? You may come back for a second helping!
Go to Top of Page

soapmommy60543
True Blue Farmgirl

2197 Posts

Ann
Oswego IL
USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2012 :  2:39:01 PM  Show Profile
I have a great two-ingredient fudge recipe on the blog. Use the search feature in the right hand column to find it.

Wife of terrific hubby and mom to 2 teenagers, 2 bunnies, 2 geriatric goldfish, and the best dog in the world!

Check out my blog: http://www.suburbanprairiehomemaker.com
and follow me on Facebook (Suburban Prairie Homemaker), Twitter (@sphomemaker), and Pinterest (Suburban Prairie Homemaker)

Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Looking for a good fudge recipe Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page