Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Burned my banana bread... Cry with me!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Burned my banana bread... Cry with me!! Next Topic  

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2012 :  3:38:03 PM  Show Profile
The alarm didn't go off and I was busy, forgot about time (after all, the alarm was set, right??)

So, I was upstairs and smelled something... Then it hit me like a ton of bricks!!

It's cooling on the stovetop but seems a little crispy.

Maybe the innards aren't too far shot! This was my favorite nanner bread recipe too! Argh!!!!

My website: http://antlersantiqueswindchimes.weebly.com

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2012 :  6:22:12 PM  Show Profile
That has happened to me. I baked a carrot bread once, and forgot to put the shredded carrots in the mix. The next morning my hubby asked if I was baking another carrot bread. He wanted to know why the bowl of shredded carrots were in the frig. Oh, well....
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2012 :  9:15:19 PM  Show Profile
Oh man, Winona! And I bet it smelled wonderful in the beginning... you must've been SO looking forward to it! I'd cry! Definitely try to salvage the middle - I bet it's still good! It'd be a shame to waste any good banana bread, if you can recover it! :)

Marly - that is just too funny!!! You poor thing!!!

Better luck next time, girls!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

JerseyGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

181 Posts

Michele
Southern NJ
USA
181 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2012 :  03:35:55 AM  Show Profile
Oh no, not the banana bread! Ya know, a little crispy will never hurt you...lol!I think it's time for me to grab something to eat...all this talk of banana bread made me so hungry!
Go to Top of Page

BlackHorseFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

91 Posts

Elizabeth
Chicago IL
USA
91 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2012 :  07:07:44 AM  Show Profile
I agree with JerseyGirl .... not the banana bread!

My worst enemy in cooking is this damn computer! I can not count the number of times I put something in the oven and then came back to the computer and forgot I had something in the oven.

Bears ... I feel for you sister, the first cake I ever made I forgot the milk! Talk about a dry cake LOL

http://countrygirlinchicago.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl Sister #4032
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2012 :  10:46:31 AM  Show Profile
Welp, good news, sort of... The middle is still edible. Crispy be d*mned, I was gonna have me some nanner bread!! So, I cut an end piece and hollowed out a little cave of the goodness. This'll teach me. Never have I done this! I can't find my regular stovetop alarm thingy and thought I'd set the alarm on my phone. HA!!!

My website: http://antlersantiqueswindchimes.weebly.com

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Burned my banana bread... Cry with me!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page