LuckyMommyof5
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Suzanne
OH
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2012 :  04:20:13 AM  Show Profile
I just pre-ordered a copy of MaryJane's new book, GLAMPING, over at Amazon. I was just wondering if anyone else has. I am SO excited and can't wait for it - my pre-order said it should be delivered in early September. I'm counting the days!

Farmgirl Sister #3243

"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." - Laura Ingalls Wilder

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2012 :  07:27:46 AM  Show Profile
I almost did last night, but decided I better wait till today and wait for DH to get off work and ok with him first (yeah our finances are that tight right now) and then I will!

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LuckyMommyof5
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Suzanne
OH
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2012 :  07:38:28 AM  Show Profile
Heather, I know what you mean - it's always good to check with hubby first! I loved the GLAMPING sneak preview they had in the MJF issue and can't wait to see the whole book. I have all her other books and have read them so many times!

Farmgirl Sister #3243

"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." - Laura Ingalls Wilder
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2012 :  11:17:47 AM  Show Profile
that sneak preview was exactly why I wanted to preorder too! lol haha

Go to Top of Page

LuckyMommyof5
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Suzanne
OH
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2012 :  7:19:43 PM  Show Profile
I can't believe we have to wait until September! I think the book will be awesome!

Farmgirl Sister #3243

Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2012 :  10:33:56 PM  Show Profile
I know and it's coming out at a perfect time for us, we just bought our first camper. I so wish though I could get it like yesterday! lol

Go to Top of Page

LuckyMommyof5
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Suzanne
OH
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  05:12:39 AM  Show Profile
Congrats on the camper, Heather! I've been trying to convince my DH we should look into one. When I was a little girl I had a close friend whose family had one and every year for her birthday she would get to pick a few friends (I was one of them) and her parents would take us on an overnight trip in it. I always thought it was loads of fun!

Maye the book will help my husband take my idea of getting one for us seriously!

Farmgirl Sister #3243

Edited by - LuckyMommyof5 on Jul 09 2012 05:14:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  06:11:36 AM  Show Profile
I had a friend like that too!!!

Um, tell you a little secret on how I got mine. My DH actually has wanted one for a long time (mainly cause of me though, before me he had never experienced or been around such). But, he's wanted a "new" one. Well because of finances that hasn't happened and won't for a very long time.

Some one posted on here a few weeks ago about looking for one. Well, in NYC Craig's List, and free cycle wasn't very good....I mean I got a few things, but by and large people were getting rid of pure garbage. I'm all for upcycling, but there's a line you know.....from reusable to just trash....And they for sure crossed the line to trash. Now here in Kansas, CL and Freecycle are awesome. I can't say I get things like new, or whatever, but for sure in upcycle condition. So I thought you know I;ll just check CL to see whats out there. Long story short came home with one less then a week later. I talked the people down to almost half of their asking price, and I paid about 60 percent and my DH said he would pay the rest. I was going to ask if I could make payments though for the rest. But, DH even though he would rather have a new one, said he would pay the rest. So even though he wasn't totally on board with vintage decided to go ahead with it. I'm so excited. And we don't have this on our credit, and it's paid for. Was only a few hundred dollars. And is in pretty good shape!

There was a few, if you had time, and talent that were even cheaper. One was only like 175 asking-so means you could probably offer less! And then, there was some people willing to barter, so if you have something to barter out there....one person was offering a old old old truck with a few hundred thousand miles on it for a camper...he got one! So also think about anything you may have to barter with.....You may get surprised and be able to financially do it with your own money or bartering stuff! (we get so much each year for our own money that's what I meant by my money...with the income tax each year, we look at how much we got, look at our bills, pay all the bills we can, car insurance for the year, etc etc, and then split the rest between each other! So then I get a pretty big bonus in "my" money for the year! lol hahaha).

Also look on pintrest, search camper and glamper, but search the boards and not the pins and you will get a ton of cool ideas!

Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic GLAMPING pre-order Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page