Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Prayers needed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayers needed Next Topic  

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2012 :  1:58:36 PM  Show Profile
Ladies,
Last year I asked for prayers over visitation concerning my gdaughter.
In short, the courts allowed her dad very generous visitation. She had to go for 5 weeks this summer . Well, our greatest fears have happened. He had a violent episode, threatening everyone in the home and has been arrested. My gdaughter and her half brother are in the care of her stepmom and family.
My daughter is going to get her this weekend.
Prayers that he remains in jail and that these 2 innocent kids are safe and protected from him!
Prayers also that for ONCE courts will listen and protect children before bad things can happen.
I'm so scared and trying sooo hard to have faith and understand God at the moment.
I know He is in control and I know He has a plan......but there's a lot of fear until she is back safe at home. And will the court system finally listen??!!!

Thank you all for listening!

Blessings,
Linda

Country at Heart

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2012 :  2:34:37 PM  Show Profile
Linda, I'm so sorry your gdaughter has to go through this. I'm sorry you have to go through this. I will definitely be praying for all of you.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7582 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7582 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2012 :  4:06:53 PM  Show Profile
Oh Linda!
I am really sorry to hear this. I was really hoping it would be a good thing. Thank God nothing happened to the children or were they hurt? I will continue to pray for them and You till you get them home and hopefully the courts will take time to pay more attention to what they are sending children into....It is so scarey sometimes.
Prayers for your granddaughter so that she doesn't have real problems from this awful event.
love
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

rphelps4
True Blue Farmgirl

620 Posts

roxanna
westport indiana
USA
620 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2012 :  4:20:52 PM  Show Profile  Send rphelps4 a Yahoo! Message
So sorry, when I got divorced my ex was also granted visitation and the same thing happened only he didn't go to jail.I don't know how your laws are Kansas but in Indiana if you can prove a parent to be unfit due to emotional or physical harm parental rights can be taken away, but they still have to pay support, that is what I was able to do. Good luck and may God be with you.
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2012 :  5:09:04 PM  Show Profile
Linda,
I am so sorry to read your post. I remember several weeks back you asking for prayers for your Grandaughter, and that you had concerns about the situation.
I am sorry that your fears came true, but thank God that the children are safe and that she will be home this weekend.
Sending prayers that the courts revise his visitation, and that they keep him in jail until they can get him the help that he obviously needs.
Stay safe and keep the faith.
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2012 :  05:42:55 AM  Show Profile
Ladies, thank you so much for your words of encouragement! The children are ok. My gdaughter should be arriving back home today. She is already back into her shut down 'defend him mode that she does. It's a normal coping mechanism that kids in abuse situations use. It's just sad that any children have to even learn it. Our hearts are just breaking. Once he moved and she at least had lengths of time between visits? She began to just blossom!!!! Even made honor roll at school! His new wife has kicked him out after this and unfortunately he is moving back to the same town again so he will be close again to her. The courts have never been much in protecting the kids there sadly. It's a time of prayer and trusting as best we can. I know deep down the Lord lives her more than all of us put together and I just have to trust that even the hurt in her life He will use for good.
It is just tough beyond words to know the emotional pain and hurt and coping skills she has to do.
Thanks again for your continued prayer!

Hugs,
Linda
Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  05:10:01 AM  Show Profile
Linda, I'm so sorry your granddaughter is going through this and that you and your daughter are having to deal with it as well. I know her attitude about him is hard to deal with, but in her mind, no matter what happens he is still her dad and children want to be with their parents and have them love them. Will continue to pray for her and all of you.

Karin
Farmgirl Sister #2708

Romans 8: 38,39
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7582 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7582 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  9:18:11 PM  Show Profile
I understand what you mean, I am praying that things all work out for your granddaughter in the right way.
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  9:41:55 PM  Show Profile
Ladies,
Thank you so much for continued prayers.
My gdaughter is back home safe at last! Emotionally she is pretty messed up and it will take time.
But as time goes on I know God will help her to heal inside. Her dad has told her what lies to say, things not to say etc in order to protect himself. Deep down she knows it too, but at 11yrs, she is thinking and doing in her own mind what also protects herself from the deep hurts of truth and reality.

She has moments of tears , but moments in the family of laughter with them as well.
One day, one moment at a time for sure.

Thank you all again,
Linda
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  10:21:40 PM  Show Profile
How blessed she is to have you. I am so, so sorry this is happening. I struggled with this and my daughter after my ex and I broke up. It is so hard. Hopefully things will begin to work out soon. Sending love, light and prayers. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2012 :  05:57:38 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Linda,
Continuing to pray!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2012 :  06:45:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
She will be in my prayers. What a hard thing to go through1

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wff7Xpc/]

[/url]
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2012 :  09:03:53 AM  Show Profile
Ladies

Thank you again!
It's still rough and she's beginning to act out and shut down some again!
One day at a time!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2012 :  8:58:35 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Linda... that's just so, so hard. I will be praying for all of you. I'm so sorry you're going through this! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7582 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7582 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2012 :  10:07:15 PM  Show Profile
Still praying for you all!

by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayers needed Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page