Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Really? Again?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Really? Again? Next Topic  

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2012 :  08:29:42 AM  Show Profile
Well if that don't beat all. We have to move. The rental company refuses to fix the a/c in the house we were staying in until ours was finished. Our insurance adjuster went to bat for us, but it didn't end well. On Tuesday we received a notice that we had to be out by July 1. I am trying to keep calm, but I am on the verge of freaking out. We've spent the last 2 days packing what we have and hauling it to a storage locker. It wouldn't be so bad except we are experiencing a record breaking heat wave this week. Figures. DH is at the house today trying to pack out the garage of all our flea market stuff into the horse trailer and take it up to the farm. Whatever is left will have to go in the storage locker.

The really bad part of all this is we are transients now.
Insurance adjuster can't find us a house.
We suggested a large camper for the remainder of the construction - supposedly they are all rented.
An EXTREMELY generous friend is opening her home to us while they are vacationing out of state - we're good until Tuesday.
After that, it's up in the air. Hotels in the area will allow 2 dogs - max. I have 3 and 2 cats. I could board one, but which one - will that make for abandonment issues later for that pet? And how long would it have to be there?
I have one that won't eat if I'm not around. Found that out a couple years ago when I went to Idaho.

I am trying really hard to keep it together. Farmgirl UP and all that, but this is just crazy. I guess it could be worse - it could be winter.

We have considered buying a really, really big tent and roughing it until the house is done, but I don't think I am up for that. Of course, if that's what it comes down to, then so be it.

I just need some good thoughts and prayers to come this way. Thanks for "listening" - you're all so good at it.

Lora

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway" -John Wayne
www.CountryFriedAcres.etsy.com
www.farmallchick.blogspot.com
www.farmallchickphotos.blogspot.com

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2012 :  09:31:44 AM  Show Profile
Oh Lora!!! My prayers are with all of you, including your pets. Hugs to all.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2012 :  09:48:25 AM  Show Profile
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this! Bless your heart!! I will for sure keep you and your fur babies in my prayers. Is there a KOA campground near you? We have camped in their "camping cabins" that might be an option for you to have some electricity for a fan, beds and most importantly, to keep you and your animals all together. Just a suggestion. You'll get through this, Sweetie!! BIG hugs, Lu

--
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
http://luzy.etsy.com- My etsy store!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2012 :  09:49:10 AM  Show Profile
praying

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2012 :  12:47:56 PM  Show Profile
Maybe I'm not familiar with the whole situation so there might be some special circumstances (which I'm assuming because you mention insurance adjuster), but is that legal?? Telling you you have to be out in less than a week??

So sorry this is happening to you and especially in this heat! I will pray that you will find a place where you ALL can stay!

Emily
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2012 :  1:22:05 PM  Show Profile
We lost our home to fire in October 2011. We have been living in a rental since then (except for 5 weeks in a hotel). Our insurance adjuster had it worked out that we went month by month. When the lease was signed, we were told the a/c would be fixed before it got terribly hot (early May), but when the rental company was called to fixed it - they stalled and then flat out refused to make the repair. My adjuster and I agreed this was unacceptable and told us to start packing, he would get us another place. Then the rental company got mad because the lease was not being renewed again. That's when we got the letter to get out. Thankfully my friend opened her home to us. I hope that buys the adjuster enough time to find us something.

I am still mad that they only gave us 4 days and they still want us to thoroughly clean the house too. I will clean, but I'm not going over board. That house wasn't that clean when we moved in. I will leave it just a bit cleaner than we found it, but not much.

Lora

Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2012 :  2:36:22 PM  Show Profile
Oh Lora, what a shady thing to do especially after everything you've been through. Even if the adjuster finds another place in time, just moving is the pits!! So glad you have a good friend that can put a roof over your head in the meantime.

Will continue to pray!

Emily
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7582 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7582 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2012 :  8:43:43 PM  Show Profile
Good luck Lora, God will help you get the right place.
take care.
darlene

Life begins each morning...Each morning is the open door to a new world-new vistas, new aims, new tryings.

By, Leigh Hodges
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2012 :  05:43:23 AM  Show Profile
Do you still own the land that the house burned on? How about renting an RV for your family and living right on the house site? Since the insurance was helping with the rental, maybe they would pay the rent of the RV...I don't know all the story but just mentioning this. We have an older RV that is just like a home.
I will pray for you. God bless.

www.coffmanspinningcfarm.blogspot.com

"It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are." EE Cummings

Go to Top of Page

SpyChicken
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Christine
Fond du Lac WI
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2012 :  3:35:26 PM  Show Profile
Lora, I'm sending you hugs for sure! We've had several rental houses sold out from under us and we've had to move on short notice. Problem is, it's so tough to find a decent place in our area...it can be very stressful not knowing where you will call home. But I know everything will work out okay for you...something will come up just when you need it. Hang in there-we're all pulling for you!
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2012 :  4:43:24 PM  Show Profile
Oh Lora, I am so, so sorry that this is happening to you and your fur babies now. The heat just makes it worse. I just wish I could make you a glass of cool iced tea and wrap my arms around you in a big hug and then help you pack. What I can and will do is just pray that this all works out for you soon. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2012 :  07:24:03 AM  Show Profile
I think all your thoughts, hugs and prayers helped out this weekend. Thank you! We got the house cleaned out and didn't get caught in any of the bad weather that rolled thru. We are at Amy's house until tomorrow night then back into a motel.
As far as renting a camper or RV we have been suggesting that since November. Now they say they can't find one since it is summer time and they are all rented. (personally, I find it hard to believe that every single camper/RV in the state of Indiana has been rented) Amy has said she will keep our dogs (she already has the turtle, fish and a frog). She might keep the cats too if they can get along with her 2. So far so good - only one spat this morning early. I just worry about her pet mouse. It likes to get out of its cage and crawl around. Her cats don't bother it - they know it's part of the family. My cats don't. They think mice are food. I would feel horrible if something bad happened.

Lora

Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2012 :  07:35:09 AM  Show Profile
Lora - How tired you must be; mentally and physically! Just keep plugging along; it will all be worth it in the end when you have your beautiful new home!
Go to Top of Page

rphelps4
True Blue Farmgirl

620 Posts

roxanna
westport indiana
USA
620 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2012 :  07:50:17 AM  Show Profile  Send rphelps4 a Yahoo! Message
Do you have water and electricity at the new house, if so what about a big tent, and put it in the shade and use fans,I know it's hot here I too am from IN, but at least you and all your animals would be to gather.
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2012 :  12:54:51 AM  Show Profile
Hugging you close. Joey

Go to Top of Page

JerseyGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

181 Posts

Michele
Southern NJ
USA
181 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2012 :  04:54:29 AM  Show Profile
Hugs, Lora! I bet you'll be so happy when this is all done and you are in your new home!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2012 :  08:12:08 AM  Show Profile
Lora, how are things going today? I hope y'all have found a house to rent. My prayers are still going out to you.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

erowease
True Blue Farmgirl

294 Posts

Lesley
Edmonds wa
USA
294 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2012 :  8:36:49 PM  Show Profile
Oh what a nightmare, my prayers are with you. Do any of your friends have an RV you could borrow? If you have power on the property is there a way to rent a large tent (or a prefab shed?) and run fans? Or any way you could advertise for house sitting since it is vacation time for people?

Lesley
"I see God in the eyes of every child...every life is precious to God, whatever the circumstances." Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2012 :  11:28:25 AM  Show Profile
Okay. I took a break from just about everything. We are going to stay in the motel until the house is done. Hopefully that will be in about 4 weeks. We left one dog at my friend, Amy's house. Two of them are with us along with the frog and the cats are locked in the garage again. They aren't happy but they are safe.

We had considered a large tent and RV's but with the horrible heat wave that has Indiana (along with most of the country) by the throat, we didn't think it would be a good idea, especially with DH's health issues. So anyway, here we sit in a tiny room (that has a/c) and wait for the word on moving in.

And yes, I am extremely exhausted physically and mentally. Thank you so much for all the good thoughts and hugs. They really help me keep going.

Lora

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7582 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7582 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2012 :  12:54:14 PM  Show Profile
Prayers for you while you wait for the 4 weeks.
Stay cool and that might help to relax a little, God be with you.
hugs
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2012 :  1:36:23 PM  Show Profile
Oh Lora, just know that your farmsisters are thinking of you. A month in a hotel is no fun. Hoping things settle for you soon. Joey

Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Really? Again? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page