CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2006 :  7:15:01 PM  Show Profile
i'm just loving the current mary jane apron issue ... my favorite aprons ae the 'long' ones .. with or without bibs. i love vintage HOMESPUN aprons the most.

i do love 'sack' aprons ... especially the ones with bibs .. and a special favorite are the white ones with embroidery.

what are YOUR favorite styles to wear?

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2006 :  8:03:15 PM  Show Profile
My favorite apron is my Edwardian apron. It is entirely utilitarian. The one I have for myself is made of unbleached organic muslin and has vintage trim as the bias tape and a vintage eyelet around the hem. I use it all the time, well, in my rotation of my top 4-5....it is full and looks so pretty over my skirts...

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
blog: http://gaiarose.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2006 :  8:23:30 PM  Show Profile
My favorites are simple 1940's style with lots of bias tape and big pockets and that t strap thing going in the back..I wear those for every day. (the bib type) I love all aprons but those are my most used ones!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2006 :  8:54:14 PM  Show Profile
OK, I just found the strangest apron at the thrift store. It's a long, long piece of fabric rounded on both ends. It looks like it would drape across the back of your neck with a piece hanging down on each side in front. There is a pocket on one side and ties on the other. It must wrap around somehow, but derned if I can figger it out. When I bought it, I thought "bet Aunt Jenny knows how it works"! I'd love to send it to you AJ if you will kindly provide an address. :) Maybe we can all learn something new!
Blessings,
Rhonda

...and I will sing at the top of my lungs, and I will dance, even if I'm the only one!
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic apron styles Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page