Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Grubbying your primitives
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Grubbying your primitives Next Topic  

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2006 :  9:25:18 PM  Show Profile
Hi all,
I was just wondering how you all grunge or grubby your primitives? I use a few methods - tea and coffee staining, paint then sandpaper, Parisian essence (I think you call it gravy browning), cinnamon rubbed in. Anyone have any other methods? The grubbier, the better!!
Best wishes,
Jayne

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2006 :  9:05:08 PM  Show Profile
Jayne, I do exactly the same. And I'm with you, the grubbier the better! I was excited to read of the Parisian Essence (Sounds so exotic!)...until I realized it was brown gravy! Haven't tried that one! LOL
Oh! I also like using walnut ink stain. Have you tried it? It gives a rich dark stain, but without the smell of coffee. I personally LOVE the cofee smell-but some of my customers don't. Adding a bit of vanilla helps tone down the coffee smell too.
I've used some products made especially for aging things, also watered down acrylic paint. I just do whatever it takes to get that grubby look. Hmmm I will think about this...
Rhonda

...and I will sing at the top of my lungs, and I will dance, even if I'm the only one!
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Grubbying your primitives Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page