Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 For those who remember Phil's Ann
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic For those who remember Phil's Ann Next Topic  

PattiM
Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

Patti
St. Charles MO
USA
5 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2012 :  3:10:55 PM  Show Profile
Ann reached out to me back when I was an active member here (happymama or happymama58, I forget what my name was). If you remember her, you know she had been diagnosed with ALS, or Lou Gehrig's Disease. We stayed in touch for the past several years --starting back in 05 if I remember correctly.

When my husband was diagnosed with cancer (July '09), she sent me a book that had given her lots of comfort over the years. Always thinking of others.

I know she wouldn't mind my sharing with you that she passed away shortly before this past Christmas.

I apologize for not sharing this before now -- it's been a touch couple of years (my husband passed away after a 6-week battle with cancer, and my mom died unexpectedly a year later, I sold our house and land, moved to the city, started a new job, etc.).

Anyway, I just wanted to let you ladies know about Ann -- I figured you would want to know.

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2012 :  06:39:17 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh that is so sad. I remember Ann- she was so sweet and kind. I am glad you stayed in touch with her, Patti and thank you for letting us know. *hugs* I hope things are going better for you now too?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wff7Xpc/]

[/url]
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2012 :  4:47:22 PM  Show Profile
I do remember her. God bless you for stayng in touch with her and for letting us know. May she be in God's loving arms tonight.

And my prayers wsill be with you too.

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Jun 24 2012 4:48:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2012 :  08:17:46 AM  Show Profile
Oh my. This really breaks my heart. I do so remember her, and I make some of her recipes out of the farmgirl cookbook. She was such a lovely woman, always positive and with a wonderful sense of humor. I am glad that she was such a good friend across the miles, though it doesn't at all surprise me.

She is certainly on my mind today--at least she lives on for me in the recipes I have (and those of us who have the cookbook, have.) I will make something this week in her honor.

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2012 :  10:50:35 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so much for letting us know about Ann---I wondered__and about you too. I hope life brings you new joy after so much tragedy. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  5:28:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Thank you, Patti. I was thinking of her recently. She was such a wonderful person. The strength and grace of both Ann and Claire Adams in the face of the worst of circumstances and stayed with me. They were both inspiring women and meeting them through this forum has meant a lot to me.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'

Edited by - Miss Bee Haven on Jun 26 2012 5:31:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  5:46:37 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Patti, for the information. God bless you.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9327 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9327 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2012 :  6:07:38 PM  Show Profile
So sad. Thank you for sharing with us. She was always giving and sweet. I was thinking of Linda (a rose) this past week.
Miss them all. Wonderful that you were keeping in touch with her all that while.

farm girl sister#43
http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
O, a trouble's a ton or a trouble's an ounce,
Or a trouble is what you make it!
And it isn't the fact that you're hurt that counts,
But only--how did you take it?

--Edmund C. Vance.
Go to Top of Page

PattiM
Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

Patti
St. Charles MO
USA
5 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2012 :  2:44:25 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, ladies. Ann was indeed a very special lady.

Alee, so much has changed, of course. Just as I was fairly active here, my husband and I bought 55 acres and built a house. The finish work wasn't completed when he was diagnosed, and I was unable to finish it. I sold the house and 10 acres almost a year after he passed away and last January a couple signed a lease-purchase for the remaining land. I've moved to the St. Louis area and am now a professor at a college here (I was an adjunct instructor back home). This is not where I want to be, though, so I'm looking. I had a 2-bedroom cottage built in a planned community here -- lakes & canals, we have our own organic farm, wine bar, market, fair trade coffee shop and other shops, etc. People walk and ride their bikes everywhere in the community, and I like the community itself. Just not the larger geographic area.

The kids are doing well. For me, year 2 was more difficult than the first year, and I am still basically getting through, hoping that eventually things will be better. I miss the ladies here, but keep busy with many other things.

Well, take care and God bless!
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2012 :  5:45:47 PM  Show Profile
That's so sad

I do remember her

I had a 4th grade teacher who had this and very sadly passed away 5 -6 years ago. I kept in touch with her for years and even into my college years she paid me a visit.

Was able to send her a few e-mails just prior to her passing. She wasn't able to respond, but was able to have them read to her.

On Friday while checking out at CVS the lady behind the cash register asked if I cared to donate to ALS, and w/o even thinking I said yes. It was only a dollar, and I wish it had been more.

This is a terrible disease and touches too close to home
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2012 :  1:09:39 PM  Show Profile
Patti, I do remember Ann and you too under the old name. Thanks for giving us the news. Ann was such a sweet lady, and I always hoped to see an update after she stopped posting. We had a friend of the family diagnosed with ALS right around the same time, and she passed away this spring also. I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. I'll be thinking of you and praying that you find your way into the right place.
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2012 :  07:35:43 AM  Show Profile
So sad, and thank you for sharing.

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

From my hands: http://pioneerpatchworkhomespun.blogspot.com/

From my Camera: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pioneerwomanatheart/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic For those who remember Phil's Ann Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page