Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Garden Gate
 Has anyone heard of Back to Eden
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Garden Gate: Previous Topic Has anyone heard of Back to Eden Next Topic  

Farmer Judy
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Judy
North Aurora IL
USA
433 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  11:38:53 AM  Show Profile
I found this on a Christian womens web site and I wondered if anyone else has heard of it or is doing it?

http://backtoedenfilm.com/

It seems like a very natural way to garden but the change over from my garden now would be a little labor intensive to start.

God bless,

Judy
Farmgirl #3666

Born a city girl but a farm girl at heart!

http://farmtimes.blogspot.com/

.Linz.
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

Lindsey
Shippensburg Pennsylvania
USA
118 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  8:07:43 PM  Show Profile
We're planning on taking sort of a "mixed method" approach with our garden between this and raised beds. I actually met the mother of the girl who did the filming, and they've tried it and had great success with it.

"Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds." - Prov. 27:23
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  8:57:58 PM  Show Profile
What a wonderful way to build up a natural garden. Labor intensive at first, but then less and less work later on. I am willing to try this.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3442 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3442 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2012 :  8:26:59 PM  Show Profile
LOVE LOVE LOVE the movie! Watched it several months back and quickly got local mulched trees and started chipping our own as well. Have not done it long enough for a real test but so far the watering is cut in half (and I'm in Texas) and the soil beneath is dark and great looking.

Blessings
Kelly
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  08:15:31 AM  Show Profile
I'm very intrigued! I started watching it, but I have to let it buffer for a little while. Will definitely watch it today! Thanks for sharing!!!

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

AlyssaMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

AlyssaMarie
Palouse Washington
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2012 :  6:51:11 PM  Show Profile
I was given a copy of the movie by some folks I didn't know too well. They insisted that I see it after they visited my farm. I absolutely loved it. And now I'm going to be passing it on to a gardening friend who has been researching lasagna gardening for some time. I'm getting ready to put in more garden beds this fall for next spring and I'm going to try what this movie talked about.

AlyssaMarie @ Link'd Hearts Ranch
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2012 :  8:08:01 PM  Show Profile
Unfortunately, I have not been able to get the movie to buffer enough to watch beyond the first 30 minutes :(

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2012 :  07:23:15 AM  Show Profile
Its a great film! I actually showed it to my farmgirl chapter in the spring. They all are psyched about trying his principles. I've been totally mesmerized and inspired by it. I'm trying to get hubby on board to watch it so he understands what I'm chattering about! LOL! We need to do this on our land. It'll be so worth it in the future! I'm also considering a mixed use of raised beds and this concept. I'm very excited to try it on a large scale. I have placed cardboard and grass clippings over a small section as a beginning. Using what I have right now. Hubby was just commenting last night about borrowing a wood chipper to mulch our trees....I think we are about to embark on something grander!
Do you all have photos of what you've done so far? or Are you still in the planning, beginning stages?
~April

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic Has anyone heard of Back to Eden Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page