GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  07:23:12 AM  Show Profile
So, I got a nasty surprise Sunday. I was watching the Brewers and trying to relax since Ric was finally feeling better. All of a sudden I felt like somebody was stabbing me! I almost fell off the couch from the pain.

Long story short, It seems I'd had an ovarian cyst and it decided to rupture. Ugh. No sign of complications so far, and it looks like I will heal and absorb the fluids without surgical intervention.

It's still sore though. Does anyone have any self-care hints for something like this?

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....

rphelps4
True Blue Farmgirl

620 Posts

roxanna
westport indiana
USA
620 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  08:20:29 AM  Show Profile  Send rphelps4 a Yahoo! Message
Your body will absorb the fluids, but pay close attention to your body, and if the pain continues or just don't feel like something is right so too the doctor. Roxanna
Go to Top of Page

rphelps4
True Blue Farmgirl

620 Posts

roxanna
westport indiana
USA
620 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  08:21:07 AM  Show Profile  Send rphelps4 a Yahoo! Message
I meant go to the doc!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  08:59:30 AM  Show Profile
Hope you are feeling better. I agree with roxanna, I'd see a doctor.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  2:25:19 PM  Show Profile
I know your pain! Hope it feels better and if not have it checked. I had surgery for some of mine --felt much worse than labor pains and getting worse. After the surgery I was ok for a little while then started with the same symptoms again. I use a progesterone cream, red raspberry, and yarrow (all as needed these days, but at first I used them daily --religiously) and it REALLY helps!!! I very rarely have any flare ups or issues now and have been able to avoid going back to the doctor and having another surgery.

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

www.madameapothecary.com
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  5:54:39 PM  Show Profile
hope you are soon feeling better. when I read your post, castor oil packs popped into my head. you might do a little research on that. and of course Rachel really knows her stuff, so I would sure check that out. hugs Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  7:26:11 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Ms. Phyllis! I didn't even think about the castor oil packs, but I think it would do very well.

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

www.madameapothecary.com
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  10:10:33 PM  Show Profile
My goodness, how scary. Hope you continue to heal without problems.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  12:47:40 PM  Show Profile
So far, so good! Doctor says I should be just fine. To make life even more fun, I got my. Monthly yesterday. Frankly um, I reek! I guess that's normal, though, while the body gets rid of the mess. *blush*

I think my poor ovary is feeling sorry for itself. Don't blame it, really....

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Ruptured cyst Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page