musicmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Wendy
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  08:24:32 AM  Show Profile
It looks like we are going to be remodeling our kitchen in the next few months. I'll actually be adding on space because for some reason when our house was built, the kitchen walls are tucked in a bit which gives a small covered area out on the deck. We'll be pushing the walls out to match the rest of the house so I'll even be getting a bigger kitchen.

Currently, my island has the stove top on it, but we're thinking of moving that to a wall so that we can have a fan put in. By having the extra space, we'll be putting in a larger island and I'm thinking of putting my sink there. Good idea? Oh and turning one area into a pantry is high on the list!

My dh asked me to make a list of things I want in my dream kitchen and we'll pare it back from there. So...what would you have in your dream kitchen?

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
Bob Marley

www.becomingwendy.wordpress.com

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  08:34:25 AM  Show Profile
I think I would love to have a faucet above my cook stove to fill big pots, the coffee pot, all sorts of stuff....especially if you put your sink in the island. Good luck and post lots of pics...I'll be watching! Hehehe

Love,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  8:25:40 PM  Show Profile
I would love to have a huge pantry, an nice size island, and lots and lots of cabinets space. Good luck on the remodeling job. Keep us posted.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Kitchen remodel? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page