CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2006 :  8:26:41 PM  Show Profile
anyone doing any fun 'tag art' lately? any good books to recommend on this subject?
(i like the more PRIMITIVE ones). i do have quite a few issues of somerset magazine.

i love making tags to go with my dollies. just bought some fun 'punches' for tags .. will play with them tomorrow.

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2006 :  8:59:00 PM  Show Profile
Hi Frannie,
I love making tags for my dollies too - sometimes I do paper/card ones and sometimes embroidered ones on homespun. Depends on what the dollie wants!!
Have been looking at the old posts on Cabin Fever Dollies and would love to see some more of your little girls!
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2006 :  12:24:04 AM  Show Profile
FRANNIE
Hey girl did you ever send out my doll, you know I can't remember her name, but you posted her for adoption, she had very neat hair and seem to be in charge of the other children.This was more then a month ago, I was afraid you sent her, and I never got her, and you are saying, why that Nancy Jo never sent me my check or even a thanyou!!! Just don't like to think that she came to a bad end someplace.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2006 :  07:55:08 AM  Show Profile
no darlin' patient nancy jo .. she still sits with several other cousins waiting waiting waiting for me to wrap them and send them on their way. will truly do so when i get home.. am going to stay a few extra days to help with the chilluns here in ohio. last night, i camped out on the 'floor' in sofia's room ... so i could hop up and feed her before she woke her momma. wednesday is in need of some power sleep. it was kinda' fun .. i was 'reminding' her (as i held her in my arms this morning) about all th birds that woke us up this mornng when the sun started shining ... (and i chirped .. .and she became so alert and i swear she smiled!) .. and i told her about how we had to be real quiet when the bears came strolling through the room .looking for some honey .. my 'bear growl' startled her .. and i told her about the 'marshmallow s'mores' from maryjane's recipe that we made and loved and how gooey melted marshmallows melted down our chins!

oh ... what a sweet time i am having!

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2006 :  08:40:07 AM  Show Profile
THATS FINE, WHEN EVER YOU GET TO IT, I WAS JUST WORRIED THAT SHE MAY HVE GOTTON LOST. GUESS YOU GOT YOURSELF THE REAL THING THIS WEEK!!
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  03:30:31 AM  Show Profile
Bonjour, ladies. Gotta show my ignorance once more (I prefer "naiveté" though, sounds nicer).....what exactly is "tag art"? Thanks in advance for enlightening me. Nance
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  06:04:39 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
It is what you attach to an item to show who made it ( mine are red and say sunshines creation onthem ) frannies are computer printer then watercolored.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my other web store http://vintagethreads.etsy.com/
my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  08:29:38 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
frannie, i love your post...and i love tag art.here are some of the tags i use for my crafts, whenever possible i try to use old family photos, or photos from the farm or my own caligraphy or watercolor, then i dont have to worry if i am infringing on some kind of copyright, also i just love looking at the old photos and remembering the people and the lives the led.

the farm is named angeltree, the women is my mom, my dad in his nail apron, the oak tree i use on my acorns, and the little girl in the hat is my mom and her brother in new york about 1923, i use that tag on the hats.

love
fran

(http://farmfolks-frannie.blogspot.com/)
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  08:38:43 AM  Show Profile
Those are great tags Frannie, I love them,the one you put on my little pony Bell is angeltree. of course I left it on her.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  6:43:56 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
i am starting to make my own postcards and notecards which i think are kinda like tags and is alot of fun.
frannie, i think your farm is so wonderful that it would make wonderful postcards and pics for notecards. do you do that as well as making tags?

love
fran

(http://farmfolks-frannie.blogspot.com/)
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2006 :  03:44:51 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, ladies. I knew ya'll would set me straight in no time flat. Texas Fran, those are beautiful tags, especially the tree you watercolored!! What great ideas these all are. Nance
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Tag Art Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page