Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Living the farm life... Next Topic
Page: of 2

KansasFarmMomma
True Blue Farmgirl

91 Posts

91 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  4:09:48 PM  Show Profile
Okay, if this is all in the wrong place, please excuse this post! I'm still trying to learn this whole deal :-) I'm working towards my shutterbug badge, which seemed like the easiest to deal with because I am already a photographer by trade. One of the requirements was to share some photos & how you are living the farmgirl lifestyle...so here is me sharing some photos

Our lives revolve around horses. I am an equine photographer & my husband is a farrier. We also buy, train & re-sell horses. This is my husband working on desensitizing his horse who came to us with a MASSIVE fear of ropes.

This is Fancy, she's a mare that we've had at our ranch several times for some refreshing of her manners & training.

Because horses are basically our entire lives, we are starting our son very early on horses. He is getting a saddle this Christmas & a pony in the spring. He'll be riding as soon as he can walk.

Rodeos are our biggest form of entertainment. We usually go to one a weekend(of course on the weekends that we don't have trail rides, shoeing competitions, & horse shows)

We respect every animal and try to care for them as best we possibly can. This was a puppy that someone dumped at the college's arena because they didn't want him anymore. We brought him home & found him a new home.

I worked the wheat harvest the last 2 years for a neighbor. I didn't work this year because we are so rural there is no way I could find a babysitter to be on call for 2 or 3 weeks. During the rush of harvest, waiting to unload the grain at the co-op can take a LONG LONG time. This was a photo I took while waiting for my turn.

Your truck fills up quick when being loaded from both sides!

This was a photo I took during corn harvest to give to my boss as a present.

My husband and I have both chosen trades that we can fairly easily pass on to our children so that no matter where they go, they can always find a job to get them through.

Well hopefully that wasn't too many. Please feel free to give me feedback if I did this wrong!

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  4:50:05 PM  Show Profile
BEAUTIFUL! Absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us! - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  4:53:14 PM  Show Profile
absolutly beautiful...you're got a great gift...that man of yours looks so proud of his boy, can't wait to see pics of him as he grows...that pup is a cutie, he'll make someone a great farm/ranch dog..

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  6:55:57 PM  Show Profile
What Nini and Tina said, just love the pictures. More pictures. I love 'em. Blessings Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  7:24:17 PM  Show Profile
So enjoyed the pics!!!! Looking forward to any others you would like to share!
Where in Ks are you? I am in East Wichita

Blessings,
Linda
www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

KansasFarmMomma
True Blue Farmgirl

91 Posts

91 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  7:27:18 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the encouragement, I'm glad ya'll like the pictures!

quote:
Originally posted by marlee

What Nini and Tina said, just love the pictures. More pictures. I love 'em. Blessings Marlee

I can do that! :-D

My Australian Shepherd, Gryphon

Branding our cattle & horses

My aunt's mare

Nicole
Farmgirl # 4209
Go to Top of Page

KansasFarmMomma
True Blue Farmgirl

91 Posts

91 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  7:29:34 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by prayin granny

So enjoyed the pics!!!! Looking forward to any others you would like to share!
Where in Ks are you? I am in East Wichita

South Central, down by Medicine Lodge

Nicole
Farmgirl # 4209
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  8:36:51 PM  Show Profile
Nicole,
Welcome to the farm!
Your pictures are just beautiful, and I really enjoyed looking them over! I think it is just wonderful, that as you said, both you and your husband have chosen jobs which can be easily taught and passed on to your children.
thank you for sharing!
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  05:19:54 AM  Show Profile
Great pictures. You will have no problem getting your photography badge. Welcome to a great group of farmgirls.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  05:59:31 AM  Show Profile
These pics went great with my morning coffee. Thanks for sharing!

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BitsofEntropy?ref=si_shop
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

KansasFarmMomma
True Blue Farmgirl

91 Posts

91 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  07:06:28 AM  Show Profile
Well, I'm working on part two for my intermediate and I figured instead of posting the next batch of photos who knows where, I'd just post the 10 of them here in the same thread. Am I doing this right? I was supposed to find a famous photographer that I liked and take 50 photos in their style of photography. One of the photographers that most shaped me into who I am, I can't even tell you her name(how bad is that???) She was a rodeo photographer that I found in high school that did amazing black & white portraits of rodeo folk. She no longer has her website, so I don't even know how to find her work again. I do have a few of her photos saved on my computer though. I loved how she was able to capture the emotion & tell a story with one simple photo. As I have matured as a photographer, I have often found myself trying to copy her style. She was a very talented photographer, I only wish my work could come close to hers.

Anyway, here are the 10 photos that I have taken in her style of shooting:

Of course, rodeo pictures seeing as though she was a rodeo photographer -

It has also helped me with other Equine disciplines -

And even other species outside of Equines -

Nicole
Farmgirl # 4209
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6601 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6601 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  09:08:32 AM  Show Profile
What an interesting and rich life you have! Thank-you for sharing so many beautiful photos of your ranch and work. I thought the black/white photo of the grain harvest for your boss was especially touching!! Best of luck with all of your work!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  11:32:11 AM  Show Profile
LOVE! Thanks for sharing all these beautiful photos from your life and passion of photography! You are capturing some precious moments! :)

~Farmgirl Hugs!
April

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  12:29:01 PM  Show Profile
Simply beautiful pictures, I could look at them all day, just love the black and whites!
Thanks for sharing- please continue to do so!
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  06:33:01 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful Pictures!!

we have moved to our farm...and love it
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  5:05:00 PM  Show Profile
Some awesome pics. You've got a heluva an eye for photography. You should see about doing some free lance work for Horse Illustrated or Equus or some other equine magazine or even your local paper regarding the rodeos.

Lorie

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  7:33:03 PM  Show Profile
Wonderful Pictures! Really wonderful! Thanks for posting!
Go to Top of Page

JerseyGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

181 Posts

Michele
Southern NJ
USA
181 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2012 :  03:20:11 AM  Show Profile
What AMAZING picture, Nicole!
Go to Top of Page

JerseyGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

181 Posts

Michele
Southern NJ
USA
181 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2012 :  03:21:04 AM  Show Profile
What AMAZING pictures, Nicole!
Go to Top of Page

Jill D
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

Jill
Akron PA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2012 :  05:08:18 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by KansasFarmMomma

Okay, if this is all in the wrong place, please excuse this post! I'm still trying to learn this whole deal :-) I'm working towards my shutterbug badge, which seemed like the easiest to deal with because I am already a photographer by trade. One of the requirements was to share some photos & how you are living the farmgirl lifestyle...so here is me sharing some photos

Our lives revolve around horses. I am an equine photographer & my husband is a farrier. We also buy, train & re-sell horses. This is my husband working on desensitizing his horse who came to us with a MASSIVE fear of ropes.

This is Fancy, she's a mare that we've had at our ranch several times for some refreshing of her manners & training.

Because horses are basically our entire lives, we are starting our son very early on horses. He is getting a saddle this Christmas & a pony in the spring. He'll be riding as soon as he can walk.

Rodeos are our biggest form of entertainment. We usually go to one a weekend(of course on the weekends that we don't have trail rides, shoeing competitions, & horse shows)

We respect every animal and try to care for them as best we possibly can. This was a puppy that someone dumped at the college's arena because they didn't want him anymore. We brought him home & found him a new home.

I worked the wheat harvest the last 2 years for a neighbor. I didn't work this year because we are so rural there is no way I could find a babysitter to be on call for 2 or 3 weeks. During the rush of harvest, waiting to unload the grain at the co-op can take a LONG LONG time. This was a photo I took while waiting for my turn.

Your truck fills up quick when being loaded from both sides!

This was a photo I took during corn harvest to give to my boss as a present.

My husband and I have both chosen trades that we can fairly easily pass on to our children so that no matter where they go, they can always find a job to get them through.

Well hopefully that wasn't too many. Please feel free to give me feedback if I did this wrong!

Go to Top of Page

SallyT
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Sarah
Buford Georgia
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2012 :  07:11:19 AM  Show Profile
You use words with the same beauty as your photos. Thank you for both. Welcome!!

Sarah

Warmth of Friendship Necessary for Life
Go to Top of Page

rphelps4
True Blue Farmgirl

620 Posts

roxanna
westport indiana
USA
620 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2012 :  07:24:09 AM  Show Profile  Send rphelps4 a Yahoo! Message
I agree you have a great eye, what wonderful first post, welcome looking forward to seeing more pics. Roxanna
Go to Top of Page

YiberryYadeeKarin
True Blue Farmgirl

343 Posts

Karin
Spokane Valley WA
USA
343 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2012 :  08:14:31 AM  Show Profile
Your pictures are spectacular!!! So glad you shared!!!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2012 :  5:47:17 PM  Show Profile
I don't know how I miss this post!!!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely beautiful, breath-taking, wonderful pictures. You should be making mega bucks with pictures like this!!!!! I agree 100% with Tina, I could see the love in dad's eyes for his son. Every picture was absolutely wonderful. More, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2012 :  9:17:48 PM  Show Profile
so breath taking! Beautiful!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

hoosiercountry
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

karla
north port fl
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  05:37:35 AM  Show Profile
Your pictures are stunning! More please Thank you.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Living the farm life... Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page