CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2006 :  5:32:31 PM  Show Profile
how do you all 'decorate' your homes and dinner table for Thanksgiving?

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Lynn B
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Lynn
Derry NH
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2006 :  06:19:31 AM  Show Profile
lots of pumpkins and gourds! I usually make a centerpiece of tall glass cylinders (3 different heights) filled with cranberries, water and floating candles.

Lynn

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2006 :  06:39:39 AM  Show Profile
I use alot of natural stuff too..and I collect girl pilgrims! I have boys too, but it started years ago with a really pretty girl pilgrim on the bargain table at a hardware/gift shop in my hometown. I had to have her and the gal at the counter told me that someone had broken the boy pilgrim that went with her. She is more of a young woman and very detailed...a resin copy of a wood carving.Since then I have collected several more. I put them out with lots of fall leaves and mini pumpkins and stuff...fun! oh..and little baskets or bowls of crabapples and rose hips too. The crab apples on my trees arn't much bigger than cherries and dry really well.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2006 :  07:10:38 AM  Show Profile
JENNY
How do you dry the crab apples? I have two crab apple trees.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2006 :  07:13:08 AM  Show Profile
lynn . .the grasses sound wonderful .. a friend of mine who has a shoppe in kentucky .. has one of those big wire carts (might have been for groceries .. it's real tall) .. she just went into the field and cut grasses of all sorts and arranged them in the basket and put some of her woodcut crows in amongst them. looked terrific! i plan on cutting tall grasses and doing something similar when i get back home to kentucky too.

jenny .. you just reminded me of all the 'pilgrim' little wax candles we used to decorate with during the 1950's .. had christmas themed ones too!

i tried drying small (pingpong ball sized) apples .. but it didn't work. gonna' try again when i get home!

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2006 :  07:24:52 AM  Show Profile
I string them into garlands usually I use dental floss to string them with and they dry really well.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2006 :  08:22:44 AM  Show Profile
I have a cornucopia that I take over to the florist in town (a friend of mine) and she makes a STUNNING arrangement for me to put on the buffet table. Grace makes little pilgrims with paper towel rolls cut in two and we stick skinny pillar candles in them for the table.

We have dinner at our house the Saturday after Thanksgiving with just our parents and siblings. The day of we travel down to the Twin Cities for Thanksgiving with our respective families.

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
blog: http://gaiarose.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page
  Holidays: Previous Topic Thanksgiving 'decor' Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page