cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2006 :  3:10:32 PM  Show Profile
from cajungal

Gals, I dropped off the face of the earth and just abandoned everything I was doing. We all have that long list of life interruptions and mine just tore me to pieces. I should have been coming to y'all for support and encouragement but instead I just crawled into a corner and checked out on life for a while.

Life is getting back on track now and I sure do miss y'all. I've got a lot of reading and catching up to do so I can join back up in all the chat. I sure look forward to talking with everyone again.

Blessings
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2006 :  3:30:40 PM  Show Profile
WELCOME back!!! Sorry to hear that things have not been going the way they should, but glad to hear that you are trying to get back up and running. Just read the posts and you will be caught up in no time, any questions, ask and you know the girls here will help out. Keep looking ahead and good thoughts going your way.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2006 :  3:36:24 PM  Show Profile
We mmissed you Catherine! Glad you're back with us. And happy that life is going more smoothly for you now. Cheers!
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2006 :  4:11:11 PM  Show Profile
well darlin' .. so happy to have you back in the farmyard. i do hope all is better these days ... and honestly, when times are 'blue' .. being with good friends is magic medicine.

hugs to you sweet friend! xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2006 :  4:30:21 PM  Show Profile
Catherine- Welcome back with open arms and farmgirl (((hugs)))!! Glad to hear things are better.

Karin
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2006 :  4:35:53 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
Welcome back Hope htings get right back to where you want them and soon.
Glad you are here
sunshine

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my other web store http://vintagethreads.etsy.com/
my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2006 :  4:36:22 PM  Show Profile
cajungal - you are always one of the family here - no questions asked. Welcome home.

Peace
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2006 :  7:04:54 PM  Show Profile
I was just thinking about you this morning. I am ashamed to say I killed my sourdough starter and that got me to thinking that I hadn't seen you post or anything lately. I am so glad you are back!!! You are well loved here and it is sure good to have you back!!!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

YiberryYadeeKarin
True Blue Farmgirl

343 Posts

Karin
Spokane Valley WA
USA
343 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2006 :  8:07:01 PM  Show Profile
Catherine!

I was so glad to see your posting! I've been wondering and worrying about you. You were so kind when I posted way back earlier in the year with hopes of getting together with a farmgirl in the Houston area (sorry it never worked out -- I would have loved to have gotten together with you and for my daughter to meet your kids).

Welcome back! Karin
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2006 :  9:30:44 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
welcome back,
i have just started posting more, but i remember reading post from you in the past and was glad there was another texas gal here.
sorry about any down time you have had, we've all been there with our own lives, but it does feel good to have the farm girlfriends here, my dh says its the best thing going in the cyberworld.
so glad your back, you've been missed.

love
fran

(http://farmfolks-frannie.blogspot.com/)
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2006 :  06:04:54 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Catherine,
Welcome back! I am so sorry you were having problems, but I totally relate I tend to do that as well! I am just glad you made it through and that you are ok! And next time let us gals support and help if we can!!
Hugz!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2006 :  06:13:11 AM  Show Profile
welcome back Catherine! Sorry to hear that you've had a rough patch..but glad that things are looking up again.We are here for you...so just jump right back in here. ..farmgal hugs to ya.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2006 :  06:15:14 AM  Show Profile
Catherine,

Welcome back, I'm new here since May of this year but look forward to hearing more from you.

Haven't we all had those times in our lives? Sometimes you just have to hide out, lick your wounds, gather your strength and come up, hopefully, better than ever. If you've been here before, you know that you have many friends, new and old, so I really hope you feel the hugs coming your way and do stay in touch when and as you can.

Today is the first day of the rest of your life, right??? Always a fresh start. And so is tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after. Take care of yourself.

Jo
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2006 :  09:55:03 AM  Show Profile
Catherine- Welcome back! Isn't it funny no matter where you've been or what you were doing, it's always good to go "home". Glad to have you back! Hope things are looking up for you and yours.

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2006 :  1:02:01 PM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh! I missed you.... Don't do that again! I was afraid it was something I said!

Glad you're back. I echo everyone else's sentiments and hope things are getting better!

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com ,web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

LJRphoto
True Blue Farmgirl

760 Posts

Laura
Hickory Corners MI
USA
760 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2006 :  1:21:19 PM  Show Profile
Welcome back Catherine. I've done my fair share of checking out on life from time to time. I'm glad you are back and I hope things have resolved themselves for you.

"I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority." -E. B. White

http://www.betweenthecities.com/blog/ljr/
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2006 :  9:13:04 PM  Show Profile
Hi, there, Catherine! It's wonderful to "hear" your voice again - I hope things are calming down for you - it's great to have you back around. Let us know if we can offer some encouragement - we love you!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2006 :  11:46:41 PM  Show Profile
Catherine -- we're all so glad that you're back. You've been missed!!! Sometimes a body just needs to check out for a while and regroup. You know we're always here for you.

Handmade purses and bath delights at www.rusticcottagecreations.com
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2006 :  2:03:34 PM  Show Profile
Y'all are the GREATEST!! The kind words have just Blessed me and lifted my spirits. Thanks to all y'all.

The easiest time for me to be on the computer was around 4 or 5 a.m. I'd get in about 30 minutes of Farmgirl time and then hit the day. One of my daughters, knowing that I haven't been online lately, said, "Moma, you need to go talk to your farmgirls. You haven't done that in a while and I think it would make you happy. You can even use some of my computer time."

What a Blessing!!! A 10 year old that was willing to give up some of her prized time on the internet chatting to her friends at the Beanie Baby site! That's got to be one of those moments when, as a mother, you think to yourself that you've done something right in raising those kids! HA HA HA

Well, I'll be posting all over the place....lots going on.....fall gardening, twin goats born, milking the moma goat, sewing, reading, and our newest adventure--My 13 year old barrel racing!!I'm sure to go brag at the Parent/Kids topic about her coming out 5th among 20 racers!!

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2006 :  2:12:07 PM  Show Profile
Dear Catherine, WELCOME back!!! Sounds like you have lots to tell us about.
Happy you're back,
Sharon
PS I have a 10 year-old who is really into beanie right now (kind of surprized me; thought it was an old "fad"). Would yours be interested in being a pen pal? (Snail mail) Let me know .

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page

MamaHumbird
True Blue Farmgirl

116 Posts

Holly
Cleveland Missouri
USA
116 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2006 :  2:40:23 PM  Show Profile
Catherine, I just sent an email regarding your canning of chicken and then I get online (again) and read your posting about your 10 year old daughter. I have a 10 year old daughter and that sounds like something she would say. It brought me to tears. God blesses us with children and it is our job to try to raise them to our best capablilities. It sounds to me like you are doing a great job! I sure hope that my girls (10 & 3, hopefully more someday) grow up and love talking to farmgirls as much as I do. I am interested in hearing more about your gardening, goats and sewing.

Holly
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2006 :  09:10:54 AM  Show Profile
Hey Catherine!I think of you everytime I use my sourdough starter!
Looks like a few of us have been away for awhile. Glad you are back too. It is good to see "old familiar faces" amongst the new.

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2006 :  10:01:25 AM  Show Profile
Catherine,

Welcome back!! Hope you're feeling a bit better now.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2006 :  3:45:58 PM  Show Profile
Thanks again everyone!!
Holly, nice to meet ya'
Sharon, I'll email you our address and you can do the same and the girls can start Pen Pal-ing.

They Ty Beanie Baby site is pretty cool. Check it out and see if you feel comfortable with your daughter visiting it. My Kristin chats with beanie collectors from all over the world. There's one girl in the Island of Cyprus that only gets to buy Beanies when visiting Italy....the closest place to her that sells them!!! Doesn't that sound so exotic?!

Here, we say....."Goin' to the trade days to look at Beanies" She says, "I'll hop on over to Italy in a plane to do some shopping" It just seems so wild. But, obviously, young girls love beanies no matter where they live.

The moderators of the site do not allow any first and last names, cities or addresses. They'll block that part out of your post if you accidentaly type one. There are no private messages there either.....pretty safe. Shame, though.....I'd love to Pen Pal with the girl in Cyprus.

Blessings!!

Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic will y'all take me back? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page