True Blue Farmgirl

98 Posts

Candace
Central Indiana Area
USA
98 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2006 :  5:24:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Norskema an AOL message
Hi there,
I found this site by accident and I'm so happy I did! I am from Indiana, just west of Indianapolis. My husband and I are in the process of trying to buy a small farm place. Oy! It has been such a headache. We have discovered that, despite being in our 50's we are very green, indeed! The purchase process has been ladened with complications, half-truths, etc. Only God knows how this is going to turn out at this point! If it all works out we have a major renovation ahead of us for not only the house but a wonderful old barn. We both have ideas about what we'd like to do with the place but almost don't dare go too far into those dreams until we know what is going to happen. I am the mother of 5, nearly all of whom are grown now. We have 3 dogs and 2 cats. I'm trying to wrangle another dog into the house. I'm pretty sure my husband will notice if one just appears! Anyway, I'm so glad to have found this website and look forward to learning more from such a richly talented group!

Candace

Every way of a man seems right to himself but the Lord is the tester of hearts. Proverbs 21:2

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2006 :  7:18:33 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Candace!!! I am one of those always wanting another dog too..we have three and a cow who thinks she is a dog..haha. I am glad you found us..you sound great!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2006 :  7:34:03 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
Nice to ahve you here lots of us have farm dreams. I hope yours comes true soon and all goes well with the sale .

sunshine

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my other web store http://vintagethreads.etsy.com/
my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2006 :  8:42:52 PM  Show Profile
welcome to the gathering Candace! Here is wishing you the best of luck towards your farm dreams.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2006 :  05:17:19 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Candace! I hope that you will achieve your goal and get your farm! What's worthwhile is definitely worth waiting for! I laughed at your trying to sneak a new dog into your family- I try things like that all the time. My friend and I are about to spring the news on our husbands that we want to raise chickens for a little egg business! They will be at her house because she has more land, but I want at least 2 here with me. Hmmmm, where can I hide them??
Good luck with your farm.

Karin
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2006 :  05:34:07 AM  Show Profile
Hi Candace! Glad to have you here. You could maybe disguise the dog as something else -- a cat? (and Karin could disguise her two chickens as -- dogs?) Or with Halloween coming up, maybe you could use a goblin disguise for the new dog. Just a thought!
Go to Top of Page

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2006 :  06:14:08 AM  Show Profile
From one newbie to another, welcome Candace! It sounds like you and your husband are in the thick of it with your farm purchase, I wish you good luck with making it happen. How big is the farm?
Go to Top of Page

Horseyrider
True Blue Farmgirl

1045 Posts

Mary Ann
Illinois
1045 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2006 :  08:47:23 AM  Show Profile
Hi Candace! I was born and raised a Hoosier, and spent some of my happiest years in the Bloomington area. Hubby's from West Lafayette. You're in some nice country!

I look forward to hearing about your doin's! I'm about the same age as you, and we've been doing this for pushing 30 years. I can't imagine any other life.

Welcome!
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2006 :  10:06:56 AM  Show Profile
Hello Candace!!
I am from Southern Indiana!!

You sound just like my kinda gal!! I was trying to convince my mom to let her newly found dog into the house this morning!! It would have been successful, If the dog wasn't soaking wet!!

~~Bridge's Boutique~~
Go to Top of Page

Jaime
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Indiana
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2006 :  1:33:30 PM  Show Profile
Hi Candace!

I'm just south of Indy in Franklin, IN. Glad to have you here! Now that there are a few of us in Indiana, maybe we can form our own Farmgirl group!

Jaime
Go to Top of Page

Kelly43
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

NJ
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2006 :  7:08:34 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Candace!! Good luck with your farm dream. Hang in there and enjoy the ride. You are in the right place to share your goals, dreams, successes and best of all your failures. These gals can always find the silver lining and just knowing they are here for you can make anything better.
Kel
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2006 :  8:42:25 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Candace and good luck with your farm purchase. Keep us all posted on how you are doing.
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2006 :  9:22:28 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Candace, from a fellow Hoosier! I am in NW Indiana but have been through Plainfield many times. I sure hope you farm dream happens-sounds lovely! I think you'll find many kindred spirits here. :)
Blessings,
Rhonda

...and I will sing at the top of my lungs, and I will dance, even if I'm the only one!
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2006 :  12:39:09 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Welcome!! I am so glad you found us!This is a wonderful place! And I sure hope things work out with the place you are hoping to make your own! I look forward to getting to know you better!
Hugz!

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

ktknits
True Blue Farmgirl

582 Posts

Kathy
Northwest Indiana
USA
582 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2006 :  11:44:14 AM  Show Profile
Hi Candace! I'm a newbie from NW Indiana too. Didn't know there were so many of us Hoosiers here! Welcome!

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2006 :  5:13:36 PM  Show Profile
Welcome, Candace! So good to "meet" you! I hope the rest of the farm purchase goes smoothly - I know how frustrating that stuff can be, but it sounds like a great place! Keep us posted!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Norskema
True Blue Farmgirl

98 Posts

Candace
Central Indiana Area
USA
98 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2006 :  8:08:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Norskema an AOL message
Thanks for such a warm welcome!! We had some promising news about the farm we're working to buy. We need to have a well that the health department will approve. There are two wells on the property and one of them looks like it will be okay. The other one is spring fed which apparently is on the same level as a high crime if you want to use one. I'm so glad our ancestors were hearty enough to endure things like primitive wells. On the other hand, they didn't have to deal with all the chemicals we have put into our soils either so I guess it's good someone is paying attention to those things.

Every way of a man seems right to himself but the Lord is the tester of hearts. Proverbs 21:2
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2006 :  09:31:49 AM  Show Profile
Hi Candace,

Welcome to the forum!! I hope the farm purchase is going better. Sounds so exciting.

Debbie

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

simplypixy
Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

Sheli
Muncie Indiana
USA
5 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2006 :  08:37:17 AM  Show Profile
Hello fellow Indianaians! I'm in Muncie, you know, Ball State? Jaime said something about forming a Farmgirl chapter, I started one, but have very few members-interested? email me: simplypixy@aol.com.
sheli
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello from Indiana Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page