Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Reading Room
 Got 4 *new* books last week *__*
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Reading Room: Previous Topic Got 4 *new* books last week *__* Next Topic  

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  6:02:25 PM  Show Profile
Last week I visited one of the MANY 2nd hand bookstores here. There are so many bokstores because most tourists don't want to taje their books home, leave them behind in the hotel or guesthouse and so the 2nd hand bookstores started many years ago. Thee are now so many here in almost every street lol. AND, luckily for me, they have thousands and thousands of English books yay. SO last week brother and I went to one and I found 4 books. One is Little house on the Prairie...the Long Winter and another one is a Mary Higgins Clark one. The other books are just interesting to read haha.

I am so happy to have found the Little House book...I hope to one day own them all again. Had to leave ALL my books behind when I emigratged here unfortunately...that made me sad but had to do it. But now will have a look around the many 2nd bookstores and who knows...I might be able to start a new collection of books hoorah *__*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hugs from Marian/Dutchy

http://pinkprincessinthailand.blogspot.com/

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  7:47:33 PM  Show Profile
Happy reading to you, Marian.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  8:34:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That is fantastic, Dutchy!! I love used book stores! It is so much fun to see what you can find!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wff7Xpc/]

[/url]
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Got 4 *new* books last week *__* Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page