Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Why are some people sooo&#@*^%$ cruel...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Why are some people sooo&#@*^%$ cruel... Next Topic
Page: of 2

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2012 :  6:44:19 PM  Show Profile
Tina: A kind-hearted farmgirl you are. What a joy to have even one of those puppies live. She and you are in my prayers.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2012 :  6:44:50 PM  Show Profile
UPDATE: Kelly figured out how to get out of the dog bed, made mama pit crazy noseing her back in, so I ran to town and bought a small plastic kiddy pool, problem solved...I really think shes over the hump, she goes tomorrow for a check and immunity booster, she is sucking her bottle dry every 3-4 hrs, her baby fur is getting a shine to it (I'm sure those polishing tounge baths help,lol), her eyes are bright, and her gums are a healthy shade of pink, and she is starting to vocaly complain when she wants something...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

country treasure
True Blue Farmgirl

452 Posts

judy
SK
Canada
452 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2012 :  7:36:01 PM  Show Profile
My heart goes out to you Tina!!! Thanks for helping a little soul that nobody else wanted!

When we went to the SPCA looking for a farm dog we found our "Izzy". We fell in love at first glance. Our farm dog is a minature weiner dog! Izzy was covered with poop, fleas, worms & someone had kicked her & broke ribs. I know in my heart someone will HAVE to answer for that! The vet said she was a prebred & was not sprayed. He told us that puppy mills like to keep little house dogs under weight because the smaller the animal the more money it brings. Izzy was only 4 pounds at 6 months old. She is terrified to be left alone so we made it simple, if we go Izzy goes! Everybody loves Izzy & she takes time with all her admires.

Hubby has built a special box that she sits in while driving in the tractor. Izzy might be small in size but she doesn't know that & she lives life to the fullest!! We've rescued lots of animals along the way & we truly believe that they know & are soooo grateful! Who was ever that cruel to Izzy missed out on ALL the love she has showered on us for 4 years. I'd say we were the WINNERS

Oh hey, you'll have a friend for life if you reach down the cookie jar for her!!
Three cheers for Tina!
Judy

country wishes!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2012 :  9:39:47 PM  Show Profile
Hurray for puppy Kelly. Tina, what wonderful news. I'm still praying for Kelly. I'm sending you a million hugs.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2012 :  12:36:32 PM  Show Profile
1st off, thank you, thank you, thank you for all the prayers and good wishes for Kelly, she is a true little miracle pup, bringing my dogs out with me that morn was the start of it, cause without them all 5 would have been lost, her new found pit mommy who has to be drug out to go potty, cause she does not want to leave kelly for one second, she will probally go cross eyed just watching her as she eats and drinks, and a great vet and staff who worked so hard to save her brother and her, and who all cryed when we knew that it was too late for him, along with neighbors who ralleyed when I needed to drive like a nut to the vets, so they came to help with chores and such, and my wonderful daughter (who is going to be a first time momma in August) who will be Kellys forever mom, so my grandchild and her will grow up together, and of course God and Saint Francis who made sure we found her in time...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2012 :  3:05:53 PM  Show Profile
So happy to hear that your beautiful daughter will adopt Kelly! She'll have to babies to raise. Hugs, hugs, hugs.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2012 :  3:30:10 PM  Show Profile
People are soo cruel.. so cruel...

As for the Slanderers Laura.. There should be a way to close that situation down. There is no reason that your fine program should suffer for people's misconceived notions. Some people don't understand that country folk have more room for critters, and sometimes outbuildings, fence posts, and animal accommodations are not as pristine as in Suburbia. That's the appeal to the simple, country life. That's why so much decor in stores is RUSTIC these days. It's nostalgic !!

Maybe they should focus on global warming in Antartica.. after all, think of a continent that absolutely hoards Penguins!! Makes about as much sense.

Meanwhile.. I know lots of people in TEXAS that rescue animals off the side of the road, "hoard" up to 6 critters in their HOUSES!! and nurse them back to health, pay for their medical care while they recuperate, and would give you the shirt off their backs too!

Girls.. keep on loving and caring for those animals. Stand up to stupidity where you find it. And keep the faith... you are loving and kind and to be emulated !!

Mary Madelena

Go to Top of Page

crittergranny
True Blue Farmgirl

1096 Posts

Laura
Lindrith NM
USA
1096 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2012 :  07:04:53 AM  Show Profile
I really don't know if the little group folded yet or not. They lost 3 of their key people one of them being the snake. I would only go over there to help with the actual spay neuter day (like the actual work) and to help raise funds. I didn't have time to do much else. They didn't want much from me anyway they were sort of control freaks. Also the town is 30 miles away from me. There is no shelter that is within 100 miles of here and they wont take our animals anyway cause we are not in their town limits or close enough so this program was very beneficial and it's sad that someone had ulterior motives and messed it up. The program was connected to a mobile vet that goes around to different areas but the local group has to have the funds and paperwork etc.... The snake was our main connection to this mobile program. She had them duped too, but they were pretty snarky like she was so who knows. I was helping for the animals sakes but I kept seeing so much backstabbing and I'm not one that has much patience with things like that and I don't have time in my life for silly cat fights. So I just stay over here for now and take care of my critters and try to help people if I can.
Laura

Horse poor in the boonies.

www.nmbarrelhorses.com
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  8:20:42 PM  Show Profile
I don't know why people do these things either. Hubby and I once found about eight pups at customer's place, just outside of Phoenix, AZ. People were just driving by, ignoring them. I took some feed over and they pounced on it like white on rice! I called the Humane Soc and some other places, put them on internet, hoping someone locally would see it and know what to do. Finally, the next morning, a Ranger came by and said we were on the edge of the Rez and he would get someone to help the pups. We had to unload and afterward, I looked for the puppies but they were gone by then. The Ranger said people dumped pups all the time but since it was Rez country, no one could really curtail it by offering spaying and neutering.

My website: http://antlersantiqueswindchimes.weebly.com

Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2012 :  3:21:26 PM  Show Profile
UPDATE: Kelly has now alittle over doubled her weight, she is walking all over the place when I let her out of her pool, which makes my pit nuts following her and trying to nose her back. I took her into the vet this morn, she is as healthy as can be, no ill effects from her horrid beginnings, Dr. says she's good to go, and doesn't need to come back till shes ready for her rabies vaccine and spay at 6 months (I give all other shots myself). We figure in about 4 weeks she can go home with my daughter and start her forever life, which at that time, my pit will probally have a meltdown, might have to get her a kitten...

Go to Top of Page

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2012 :  6:51:13 PM  Show Profile
Tina, how is the little girl doing? I am so glad that you found her and hope that she is better. I just saw this post it kills me that people get off on hurting animals who are so trusting and just want you to love them.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Why are some people sooo&#@*^%$ cruel... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page