Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Why are some people sooo&#@*^%$ cruel...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Why are some people sooo&#@*^%$ cruel... Next Topic
Page: of 2

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2012 :  3:41:08 PM  Show Profile
Went for a ride this morn around my property, checking fences, one section runs along a seldom used dirt road to nowhere, had a couple of the dogs with me and they ran over to a box on my side of the fence, pawing at it and wimpering, got off my horse to check it out, and inside were 5 tiny pups, 3 were dead already, probally from the extreme heat, I rushed back to the house and started cooling down the other 2, rushed them to my Vet, and with IV's subcue and intervenus, we got their body temps down and rehydrated them. Lost the little male a couple of hours later, and I have the little girl here. Say some prayers for her, it will be real touch and go, and even if she lives, we don't know if there is any brain damage...God help the person who did this, if I EVER catch them...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"

crittergranny
True Blue Farmgirl

1096 Posts

Laura
Lindrith NM
USA
1096 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2012 :  4:56:02 PM  Show Profile
Awww Tina I hope your efforts pay off. I'm sure she has a good chance under your care. My daughter picked up a box of puppies someone had thrown down in front of the local grocery store and nobody even knew they were there till they were nearly froze. She was able to find a home for a couple of them right away. Then she brought one home but it had gotten too cold and had brain damage and we tried to save it but it started having seizures and got progressively worse over a week or so, and we had to put it down. Sheesh aggravating!!
Laura

Horse poor in the boonies.

www.nmbarrelhorses.com
Go to Top of Page

erowease
True Blue Farmgirl

294 Posts

Lesley
Edmonds wa
USA
294 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2012 :  5:44:16 PM  Show Profile
I have never been able to understand the cruelty some people have towards animals. Why can't they at least take them to a place where someone will care for them. I hope the little girl makes it.
My dog was rescued and survived parvo, he is the most wonderful dog we have ever had.

Lesley
"I see God in the eyes of every child...every life is precious to God, whatever the circumstances." Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2012 :  5:44:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh my gosh! That is horrible!! People need to spay and neuter their dogs if they don't want/need puppies and kittens! We have't done our dog yet because she was so stunted by the disgusting conditions we got her from but kept her well confined during her first heat- and you can bet she will be spayed before her next one! Those poor puppies! I can only imagine the horror they experienced. I am so glad you found them!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wff7Xpc/]

[/url]
Go to Top of Page

pennyhenny
True Blue Farmgirl

304 Posts

Missy
Dayton OH
USA
304 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2012 :  6:08:21 PM  Show Profile
How awful...beyond words here to describe how I feel towards such people. Prayers for the little girl pup......I'm thankful to you that you did your best and continue to do so. BIG HUGS!!!

hugs,
-missy-

http://citychickblogging.blogspot.com/

Sisterhood Member#4003

Happiness held is the seed; Happiness shared is the flower.
John Harrigan
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2012 :  7:49:51 PM  Show Profile
Some people have no empathy at all for animals. I worked at an animal shelter once and someone brought in some kittens in a black trash bag (that had been in the trunk of their car). You just want to throttle some people. I am saying a prayer for the little pup.
cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2012 :  7:50:31 PM  Show Profile
so far little girl is holding her own, I even got her to suckle some puppy milk replacer off my pinky, we think she is about 3 weeks old, very small , she only weighs 7 oz's, I would guess a toy breed mix...my female pit is curled around her, making her feel safe and loved, and she gave her a bath, which helped stimulate her body functions...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

crittergranny
True Blue Farmgirl

1096 Posts

Laura
Lindrith NM
USA
1096 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2012 :  8:03:13 PM  Show Profile
Please make sure your grown dog is up to date on shots cause Ive seen dogs get parvo from stray puppies. Are you feeding the puppy with a little puppy bottle? I hope it works out Tina. My heart goes out to you and prayers.
Laura

www.nmbarrelhorses.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2012 :  8:04:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am glad that your dog is adopting her and that she is showing interest in food. I hope she makes it!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8

[/url]
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  01:29:44 AM  Show Profile
I have always thought the worst part of living in the country is the amount of abandoned animals we get. It saddens me everytime. I sure hope the little gal makes it. Will you be able to keep her? Would you be able to give her up? Bless your kind soul. So sorry you had to witness the others death.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  03:47:39 AM  Show Profile
Cruelest part of all is not spaying or neutering the adults and allowing this problem to continue.

Folks who can't afford to properly take care of their animals shouldn't bother with this kind of responsability in the first place. Because sometimes to them, that's what this is........a bother.

Kudos to you for being at the right place, right time, and shame on the idiots who can't take care of their animals.

Please let us know how it goes and when you decide on a name!

Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  05:22:43 AM  Show Profile
Praying for the little puppy. What a horrible way to die. Some people are just cruel and should never have pets.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  05:30:37 AM  Show Profile
Oh my heart breaks hearing about cruelity towards animals...Tina you did good and hopefully it will pay off even if one poor puppy is saved :(

A Friend is Someone who Reaches for your Hand, But Touches your Heart!
Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  07:06:14 AM  Show Profile
Tina: that little puppy will be in my prayers. And- I'll keep you in my prayers, too. How kind of you to do what you did, millions of hugs to you. I'd love to be with you if that person or persons were ever caught. Something like this gets me so mad and upset. If one can do that to little puppies, well.... I won't finish that statement.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  07:56:07 AM  Show Profile
Laura, yes my dogs are all up to date on all shots, I tube fed her the first day cause she was so weak, today she is sucking well enough to be bottle fed...

Marianne, yes I will be keeping her, or at least she will stay in the family...

Thanks to you all for your prayers and thoughts, she's no where close to being out of danger yet, but each hour and each day she lives, she gets stronger, like the statement "what does not kill you, only makes you stronger", Kelly Clarkson has a song regarding that, so I may name her Kelly...

Go to Top of Page

crittergranny
True Blue Farmgirl

1096 Posts

Laura
Lindrith NM
USA
1096 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  08:53:05 AM  Show Profile
Well I don't think that it's people that can't afford to get them spayed and neutered that are the problem. While it is true that one should consider if one can afford a pet before they CHOOSE to get one sometimes they have them forced on them just like what happened here with Tina. It really isn't about numbers either it's about the integrety to do right by a fellow creature. Working to provide low cost spay and neuter is the key. We have a little group who has been doing this for a couple of years and we could see a big difference in the little town that was usually filled with strays. We were able to offer spaying and neutering for $40. Then some animal welfare person ruined it for everyone by falsely accusing someone in the group of animal hoarding. And I mean 100% false and then it fell apart. Come to find out this person gets money in her own pocket for "donations" to prevent animal abuse by twisting the story and posting it on the internet to slander people. The accused person does not own a computer so had no idea the things that were being said about her the whole time. This same "animal welfare" person will walk right past a box of puppies like the one Tina found and heaven help the person that does stop and become a "dog hoarder" by taking them in and trying to find them a home. But this person had the connections so the dogs and poor folk are not getting any help now. If any of these snaky people come on my place or talk about me they will be so sorry cause I'm not as passive as my friend was. I found out there are people in this world that actually make a living at pointing an accusing finger at pet owners and they don't care if it's true or not. And they love to move into a rural area and try to create silly laws to accomplish their dirty work. Just unbelievable. This does not excuse idiots that leave puppies to die or any kind of real abuse but I just wanted to give everyone a heads up on this other thing, cause they feed on kind people like us. My friend had spent money and time out of her own pocket to help all dogs and she had 8 dogs on her place that were well taken care of and she was trying to rehome about 4 of them. It was clean and they were all happy in the meantime. She asked these people if they would be able to help her with rehoming and they came and took pictures outside trying to make it look dirty and incriminating while another person kept her busy on the other side of the house. My friend was keeping one dog in a horse trailer to keep her from being bred a and in fact that was one of the strays that she needed help with the most. It is a nice 4 horse very clean horse trailer. Well she might as well have thrown that dog down into a tar pit for all the ugly things these people had to post about her. Meanwhile I might ad her husband just had a major stroke and is still bleeding in his brain and they werent sure if they could expect him to live much longer, and she had just lost her job. Point is while us humans need to be kind to animals lets also be kind to each other. If someone is too poor to get their dog spayed lets see if we can help them pay for it rather than criticise them.
Laura

www.nmbarrelhorses.com
Go to Top of Page

magnoliakathy
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Kathryn
Magnolia Texas
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  10:28:19 AM  Show Profile
I will pray for your little rescue and for you and your big heart. Some people will do wrong no matter what, you can't change them, and punishment brings out all the bleeding hearts who don't have a solution either. Pet ownership is a privledge that is too often abused and the consequences are not strict enough to curb the abuse. I will hug all of mine(2 rescued cats and 1 rescued dog)a little harder today and keep you in my prayers.

When you free your mind your heart can fly. Farmgirl # 714,
Go to Top of Page

erowease
True Blue Farmgirl

294 Posts

Lesley
Edmonds wa
USA
294 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  7:41:09 PM  Show Profile
Well said Laura. Lets all try and make a difference in each others lives.

Lesley
"I see God in the eyes of every child...every life is precious to God, whatever the circumstances." Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  7:45:33 PM  Show Profile
Kathryn, I could not have said it better. Hugs to you and Tina for knowing the love and respect all animals should receive.
Ditto what Lesley stated. I so agree. Tina, another million hugs to you and to your animals who are helping you love the puppy.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2012 :  2:08:09 PM  Show Profile
Here, in Maine, there are some animal shelters that will pay for part of an animal spay/neuter if a person cannot afford to pay the full price even if the animal was not adopted thru the shelter. This might be a way for you to raise your funding for your spay neuter program. Run the funding thru a shelter. It is sick and saddening what people do to animals that they don't want. I feel for those who have animals, but can't afford to keep them. Many times, at least here in Maine, the shelters expect a donation if a person drops off an unwanted pet. That makes it hard as well.

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2012 :  2:22:48 PM  Show Profile
God Bless you Tina! I agree there are alot of different situations out there, some which we put ourselves in and some which are thrust upon us, however, NEVER should someone just throw animals in a box and leave them for dead. If one tries, there is ALWAYS an answer to your problem.
I will be praying for this little pup.
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

soapmommy60543
True Blue Farmgirl

2197 Posts

Ann
Oswego IL
USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2012 :  2:22:49 PM  Show Profile
Our little Silky, age 5-ish, was left out to run the streets, and I have often said that if I ever met the person(s) who did this to the sweetest dog on the planet, I might just forget I'm a Christian. I cannot imagine the horror those puppies went through, and I'm praying for you and your little Kelly Angel.

Wife of terrific hubby and mom to 2 teenagers, 2 bunnies, 2 geriatric goldfish, and the best dog in the world!

Check out my blog: http://www.suburbanprairiehomemaker.com
and follow me on Facebook (Suburban Prairie Homemaker), Twitter (@sphomemaker), and Pinterest (Suburban Prairie Homemaker)

Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2012 :  3:22:53 PM  Show Profile
UPDATE: Kelly is holding her own, she is scooting around like a pup of 2 weeks, (the vet figures she is about 3 weeks old), her adoptive momma is being wonderful with her, cleaning and cuddleing her (my pit is a 10 year old, who never had pups of her own, she was spayed when she was 6 months old, so that is amazing in its self), the vet will give her an imunity boost shot thursday if she is still improving...

Go to Top of Page

crittergranny
True Blue Farmgirl

1096 Posts

Laura
Lindrith NM
USA
1096 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2012 :  4:25:58 PM  Show Profile
So glad your new little puppy is doing well. I am sure your pit mama is making all the difference. So very cool!
Laura

www.nmbarrelhorses.com
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2012 :  3:52:11 PM  Show Profile
Tina,

Just saw this post. Hope all works for her to recover and flourish. Bless you for being such a kind heart. Keep us posted. Big hugs to you!

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2012 :  6:01:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Tina- it's good to hear that Kelly is making it so far. That is good news! Poor little thing- and your pit is a great dog! I am glad she has a foster momma!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8

[/url]
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Why are some people sooo&#@*^%$ cruel... Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page