Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 anyone have sweetened condesed milk recipes?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic anyone have sweetened condesed milk recipes? Next Topic  

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2006 :  10:38:56 AM  Show Profile
HI Ladies....
I won a contest for Eagle Brand Condensed milk and now I am part of a "magic Baking Circle" My "job" is to gather women of all ages (group of 5-6 ) to come to my house and bake recipes using Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed milk. How lucky am I? Soooo, if any of you ladies have recipes ffor me/us to use, that would be great. Check out the website www.eaglebrand.ca (by the way that is a picture of me!!! Melanie MacFarlane!!!) thanks, Mella

mellaisbella "I wanna touch the earth, I want to break it in my hands, I want to grow something wild and unruly"

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2006 :  10:55:18 AM  Show Profile
Melanie,
I sent you a small cookbook about a month ago, for eagle brand, did you get it?
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2006 :  10:56:10 AM  Show Profile
Hi Mella! What a fun job! I don't have any recipes -- wow, there are a lot on that site! -- but my favorite are those 7-layer bars full of ooey gooey yummy stuff.
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2006 :  1:11:51 PM  Show Profile
Melanie- You're so cute!! I don't have any new recipes for condensed milk. I just like to open it up, take a big ole tablespoon and pop it in my mouth. Then, the can goes back in the frige for a few days until I have to have another!! I have done that since I was a kid! Yum!!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2006 :  1:57:13 PM  Show Profile
I am the same way..what wonderful flavor it has..it is something I always love to have on hand. I use it to make fudge...the recipe that only calls for the can of sw. cond. milk and choclate chips and vanilla in it. I am sure you probably have that recipe..it sure is easy and good. If I am craving a candy bar (once a month or so that sounds so important!!) and I can't get to the store I will make a small batch of fudge ..you do the one I do in the microwave. Yum.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2006 :  09:50:50 AM  Show Profile
Hi Nancy Jo...I sure did get it thanks sooooo muc and please please forgive me for not thanking you sooner!!

mellaisbella "I wanna touch the earth, I want to break it in my hands, I want to grow something wild and unruly"
Go to Top of Page

candismom
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Elizabeth

560 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2006 :  8:03:09 PM  Show Profile
Melania,
How fun. I love eagle Brand milk. You are so pretty.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Hugs,
Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2006 :  12:43:41 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Elizabeth! Your MJ name is "Candismom" is that your daughters name? My mothers(she passed away almost 10 years ago)name was Candy as well.
And yes Eagle brand is great...very yummy recipes!

Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic anyone have sweetened condesed milk recipes? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page