Page: of 2

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2012 :  7:21:19 PM  Show Profile
Gail, I'm so happy about your new business! Best of luck!

Psst...girls...Gail's aprons are to die for! I have two and I want more!
Go to Top of Page

marthajane
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Anna
Orlando FL
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2012 :  5:32:53 PM  Show Profile
Can you make other patchwork skirts and how much arre they? Do you make patchwork bonnets? Love the holly hobby style!

Happiness IS being a MOM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6592 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6592 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2012 :  5:44:06 PM  Show Profile
Do you sell online? I went to the website but it looks like you have to live close by. Is that how it works?

Winnie #3109
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2012 :  5:15:30 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
I LOVE the patchwork skirt! I, too, am curious if you sell online. Am wondering how much the patchwork skirt costs....

Julie
Farmgirl #399

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2012 :  5:24:09 PM  Show Profile
Gail, my grandmother used to wear what she called "sunbunnets" to keep the sun off her face. Hers were made of cotton with a bit of a ruffle in the back. The front had cardboard stays that were removed when washing. They were funny to me as a 5 yo kid, but now at 70 I can see the wisdom behind them. Do you have any of those?

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Pasthyme
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Gail
Mountain View AR
99 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2012 :  5:17:25 PM  Show Profile
The bonnet you are talking about is called a 'slat' bonnet. Originally they had wood slats in the pockets of the brim to keep the brim stiff. Later in time cardboard was used in the brim pockets. These were removed for laundering. I traced off an old one and have made some for the Ozark Folk Center. I don't have any left, now. I make the regular 'poke' bonnets and the 'button' bonnets now.
Slat bonnets have such a large, stiff brim that they are like wearing blinders. Hard to see out of. They do keep the sun off, though.

By the way, in answer to the inquiries about the patchwork skirts I make, I do sell them via mail order. The last one I made was an order that was sent out. I charge $48 plus $7 shipping (USPS Prioriy) for a total of $55. I need to know waist size, length, and color combination. I have a lot of cotton calico & quilting fabric that I make them from. They are 100% cotton, prewashed fabric. They are sewn & serged, with no raw edges.
I haven't had time to check this forum very often, so email me at:
thealteredegogg@aol.com to order or inquire.

www.thealteredego.webs.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farmgirl Fashion: Previous Topic Aprons and Bonnets Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page