Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - May 28 2012 :  10:22:14 AM  Show Profile
There's a good chance we may be moving within the next month. I have 8 gallons of goat milk frozen in my deep freeze that's not going to make it frozen from Michigan to North Dakota. Is there a way I can thaw it and can it to transport? I'd hate to loose all that goat milk but there's no way I could make that much soap before we leave. Thanks for any help in how I can transport this.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI

Edited by - Prairie Gypsy on May 28 2012 10:22:45 AM

MiaBella
True Blue Farmgirl

100 Posts

Michelle
New Caney TX
USA
100 Posts

Posted - May 28 2012 :  4:57:52 PM  Show Profile
If you are just using it for soap then I would not worry about it thawing then re-freezing it when you get to your destination. If you put it all in a large cooler it should stay cold all the way there, maybe stop to add ice once or twice when it starts to thaw.

It can be canned, but the question would be, it is easier to transport that way or is putting it all in a cooler better? Only you can answer that based on what space you have in your moving van/truck.

Now, if you are asking to can it to use for drinking in the future, I have heard that is a great way to preserve it. I have never canned milk and don't know how long it will keep that way. Hope someone else here has more information on that.

Michelle
Farmgirl Sister #4097

MiaBella Farm
New Caney, TX
www.miabellafarm.com
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Goat Milk Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page