Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 Oh no... I just took my temperature!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Oh no... I just took my temperature! Next Topic  

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - May 26 2012 :  4:28:48 PM  Show Profile
... And I think I'm getting baby fever :)

We have 3 girls and the youngest is turning 2 in august and ready to work on potty training this week.

We were hoping the last baby would be a boy, but that didn't happen. I might--*MIGHT* think about sitting down with hubby and discuss pulling the goalie.

Not *trying* to have a baby... but not trying not to have one either.
This is weird territory for me... we've never tried to "plan" a baby, it just happens and gets shoehorned into life as it happens.

On the one hand a lot of things are lining up to be the PERFECT time to add a baby-- ages of our daughters, moving into a house with more space and less extended family, the fact we have excellent health insurance at the moment, my age, money becoming less tight as a result of this move...

And on the other hand, it might not be the "best time" convenience wise. (The actual act of moving... hubby taking paramedic classes... building up the next property... and I am NOT craving a minivan!)

This ambivalence is a funny thing! Does everyone who plans a baby do this to themselves??
This would also be the last one. A part of me doesn't want to get to that bittersweet melancholy.

Ah... baby fever.

~*~ http://silverstarfamilyfarm.blogspot.com/ ~*~

“When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.”
~Erma Bombeck

sjmjgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

566 Posts

Stephanie
Mt. Vernon Iowa
USA
566 Posts

Posted - May 26 2012 :  4:48:59 PM  Show Profile
Ive never planned a pregnancy myself, but I have friends who have and yes, they go through the same thing. Should we or shouldnt we? I say if you're ready and financially able, then go for it. Although I would probably wait until the youngest is fully potty trained to start trying! Lol!

Farmgirl Sister # 3810

Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
- Dalai Lama

April is Autism Awareness month. Autism affects 1 in 88 children (1 in 54 boys, including my son). Go to http://www.autismspeaks.org/ to learn more and help Light It Up Blue on April 2nd!

Go to Top of Page

countrymommy85
True Blue Farmgirl

898 Posts

Krystle
MT
USA
898 Posts

Posted - May 27 2012 :  08:51:23 AM  Show Profile
I know gender is a weird thing but I charted so after a couple months I knew my cycles and knew exactly when I was ovulating... Anyway after finding out I was pregnant (I pretty much knew right away from my temp changes) I would go back through the chart to see when I ovulated, and when I most likely conceived to guess the gender of the baby... I was right on all three. I had wanted a boy at first but I knew it was a girl from when everything happened and I was in denial until the ultrasound confirmed it was a girl. Then with our son, I was nursing but still trying to chart and although my temps were all over the place I kept records... When I found out I was for sure pregnant 6 weeks after just giving birth to our daughter I was in denial I really was pregnant until an early ultrasound proved that to be true and looking over my charts I determined the due date and gender. I was off a day on the due date and right on with the gender. Same to be true with baby #3 born last November. I knew right away there was a 80-90% I was going to get pregnant and it would be a girl because of the timing... Sure enough after I knew I was pregnant I guessed the due date would be Nov 1-5 but probably the 1st and it would be a girl and sure enough! A girl was born on the 2nd... I couldn't push her out soon enough to be on the 1st, haha!

So that is my funny story about babies and genders and due dates :) We wanted 4 kids but I feel like we are done right now... but I have 3 kids under 3 with the oldest just finally starting to get potty trained so, yeah life is pretty hectic right now. I would like to wait about 4 years before even considering a 4th child. But sometimes God has other plans too :) We had only planned on the first one and after that my boy was a surprise and my baby girl wasn't planned but knowing the way my cycle was pregnancy was kind of anticipated on my part :) Best of luck to whatever you and your husband plan to do!

Mothers are those wonderful people who can get up in the morning before the smell of coffee. ~Author Unknown

http://countryrenaissance.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SunflowersAndHoney
Go to Top of Page

SpyChicken
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Christine
Fond du Lac WI
USA
436 Posts

Posted - May 28 2012 :  06:08:05 AM  Show Profile
I really got a lesson in divine intervention otherwise titled "it ain't over til it's over" when I found out I was pregnant with ds!

Our dd was 13 at the time & we pretty much figured she was going to be an only...I ended up with pretty bad pain on my right side-bad enough to go to the er as I thought it could be appendicitis...well, it wasn't appendicitis!! They could hear me all the way in the waiting room as I exclaimed over and over "I'm WHAT???!!!" Once the initial shock wore off, we were all overjoyed of course and our family would not be our family without ds!

Looking back, I should have known it was NOT appendicitis after dd and I stopped for a full breakfast at our local diner on the way to the ER! LOL

Since then, I've learned that babies pretty much have their own agenda and the best we can do is just hold on for the ride (and what a fun ride it is!)...

Good luck-I'm sure you and your dh will make the decision that is right for you!
Go to Top of Page

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - May 28 2012 :  8:49:53 PM  Show Profile
Wow Christine! that sounds like a story!!
How far along were you when you found out??? Were your tubes tied???

~*~ http://silverstarfamilyfarm.blogspot.com/ ~*~

“When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.”
~Erma Bombeck
Go to Top of Page

SpyChicken
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Christine
Fond du Lac WI
USA
436 Posts

Posted - May 29 2012 :  06:45:58 AM  Show Profile
Nope, tubes weren't tied...I was about 6 weeks along when I found out. Turns out the pain I was feeling is kinda common in the beginning. I wrote the whole story down in his baby book so he can have a good chuckle about it when he's older! LOL

"The best days are when babies come along..." Melanie Hamilton "Gone With the Wind"
Go to Top of Page

alterationsbyemily
True Blue Farmgirl

686 Posts

Emily
Thomasville PA
USA
686 Posts

Posted - May 30 2012 :  05:54:29 AM  Show Profile
Babies do have their own plans. I think that "pulling the goalie" is a good plan. We did that with our DS and let us just say I was pregnant by the following month. Just pray and hope.

Best wishes!

---
Farmgirl #2951
No longer renting, offical farmgirl.
Check out my new blog at http://simpileeliving.blogspot.com/
And my new Etsy listings http://www.etsy.com/shop/alterationsbyemily
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Oh no... I just took my temperature! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page