smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  2:02:55 PM  Show Profile
What is everyone doing? Neighboring town is having tractor pull tomorrow night. We might bbq and stay around home. Cant decorate graves as they are a 6 hr drive now since we moved here. I will honor their memory though.

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  2:19:26 PM  Show Profile
We have a graduation, and a wedding. I am looking forward to working in the yard and grilling out the rest of the weekend. We also live too far from our Family Cemetary to get there but, will keep my loved ones and our Service Men and Women in my prayers. I am going to a Parade too so that should be fun.
Go to Top of Page

rphelps4
True Blue Farmgirl

620 Posts

roxanna
westport indiana
USA
620 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  2:39:33 PM  Show Profile  Send rphelps4 a Yahoo! Message
I have to work all week-end.
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  5:10:49 PM  Show Profile
BBQ, our 1st of the year, lots of family, friends and neighbors...potato salad, mac salad, ribs, tri-tip, veggy kabobs and of course homemade icecream, yummmmmmmm

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  7:02:25 PM  Show Profile
We will not be going camping until Monday, so am hoping to smoke a turkey in the smoker on Sunday. They are the best that way. Just hoping for nice weather.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  9:06:32 PM  Show Profile
We had a get-together tonight with our foster son and daughter, and the family - swimming, cookout... Great fun! Tomorrow it's more yardwork and grocery shopping (ugh). I just couldn't get to the store during the week... I dread in anticipation of what tomorrow will be like! Sunday after church we will be going to the cemetery to "visit" my husband's parents, as well as some other dear family members and friends, and bring flowers for their graves. But Monday - WOW! My husband's employer presented him with an amazing gift for Monday: four tickets to the Lexus Club at PNC Park to watch the Pirates vs. the Reds! His boss received them from one of the company's suppliers as a promotional gift, but he will be away this weekend with his family, so he said he knew my husband would appreciate them most of all (He's a BIG Pirates' fan, and his reputation precedes him! LOL!). We are beside ourselves! We'll be four rows back from Home Plate - you can't get better seats! And this gift includes an amazing buffet dinner, indoor screening of the game if we get too hot, and they bring anything you could possibly ask for right to your seat - ALL included in the ticket!!! All we will have to pay for is parking! Our son is bringing a friend and the four of us are going to have the time of our lives! My husband is absolutely ecstatic - can't stop smiling! I'm definitely bringing a camera! LOL! I can't wait! :) - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  9:21:56 PM  Show Profile
We saw MIB 3. It was fun. Then tomorrow some shopping at Costco for my daughter's move and then packing and lifting!
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Farmer Judy
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Judy
North Aurora IL
USA
433 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  9:23:54 PM  Show Profile
Nini, You should wear a MJ tee shirt so we can all watch to see you there. :)

God bless,

Judy
Farmgirl #3666

Born a city girl but a farm girl at heart!

http://farmtimes.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

grammytammy
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

Tamara
Binghamton ny
USA
585 Posts

Posted - May 26 2012 :  04:26:58 AM  Show Profile
Spending time with family and maybe some geocaching. Going to make my first batch of yogurt this morning.

FarmGirl 2495
God loved us so much He gave His only son to die in our stead.
Go to Top of Page

dreamingofmygardens
Farmgirl in Training

48 Posts

mn
48 Posts

Posted - May 26 2012 :  04:34:16 AM  Show Profile
Happy Memorial Day everyone! I am flying home today and then working the rest of the weekend. I guess we're flooded back home so I don't think I will be in my gardens but I have a new quilt to start, a crochet baby blanket, a slipper to finish knitting and I am bringing some seeds and cuttings to take care of back with me. Never enough time. I miss my family so i am excited to go home.
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - May 26 2012 :  08:22:14 AM  Show Profile
At the moment I am listening to heavy equipment moving down our blacktop toward the North Iowa Band Festival in Mason City, IA. Sometimes its farm equipment heading to the small town parades. NI Band Fest is a celebration of marching bands. Mason City is home to Meredith Willson (The Music Man), Bill Baird (puppeteer-think: The Sound of Music), Frank Lloyd Wright houses and hotel, Dillanger gang bank robbery, and me. It's quite a day with lots of events. I've been to almost every parade since a kid. This afternoon I will go to a book signing for a schoolmate, (her memoir). And then baking, baking, baking. Have to use up all that Amish Friendship Bread starter I couldn't give away. Memorial Day we will go to family cemeteries near and far. Love the peacefulness of that.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - May 28 2012 :  06:36:14 AM  Show Profile
have worked six days straight, just want to hang out at home
Go to Top of Page

jill skane
True Blue Farmgirl

853 Posts

jill lillian
stacyville maine
USA
853 Posts

Posted - May 28 2012 :  07:11:37 AM  Show Profile
Don't know what the festivities are here in Northern Maine as our first year living up here, sure we will find out. Have a great weekend to all my Farm Sister, and here's to remembering all the solders and family members that are no longer with us!
Jill Lillian
Go to Top of Page

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - May 28 2012 :  09:12:17 AM  Show Profile
We finally got our garden in this weekend. I know it seems late, but I think it will be fine. We just never had the time until now. The chickens are confused that they cannot dig around in the garden beds anymore, since we covered them over with bird netting.

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, and Today is a Gift.

"Look deep into Nature, and then you will understand everything better."--Albert Einstein
"A meal of bread, cheese and beer constitutes the perfect food." --Queen Elizabeth I
http://www.etsy.com/shop/StrawHouseDesigns
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - May 28 2012 :  10:20:37 AM  Show Profile
We tried to go camping, but that turned into a fiasco (Ric is considering legal action, it was that bad). We have been relaxing at home today, and I am going to try to make him a new vest.

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - May 29 2012 :  08:42:06 AM  Show Profile
We had a working weekend at the ranch. We repaired two sections of fencing, cut and split two cords of wood, butchered a beef, and deep cleaned my MIL's bathroom. We have lots of water for irrigating right now. Gotta make hay while the sun shines and the water flows. I love this life!

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

My Blog - www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

Etsy Store - www.annapearlsattic.etsy.com

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

Jeanna
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Jeanna
Franklin NC
USA
267 Posts

Posted - May 29 2012 :  10:29:09 AM  Show Profile
Our Memorial day weekend was pretty uneventful. I got some flowers planted then I had a fibro flare--still in it. My husband broke two fingers and had to get 9 stitches between the two Thursday so he was pretty out of it all weekend on pain pills. He never takes them so they hit him pretty hard.

Jeanna
Farmgirl Sister #41

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.
Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page
  Holidays: Previous Topic Memorial day weekend Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page