crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2012 :  10:28:04 AM  Show Profile
Gals...I teach a youth group for my church K-5th graders. We will be making May Baskets for a nursing home, we will make them on the 25th and delivering on May 2nd. I'm in need of some ideas to put into the baskets, we will putting artificial flowers and some sweets treats in them...peppermints, lifesavers, I want to make flowers with a small sucker and a flower punched out of paper, ans we will make the same flower and put a kiss in the middle. Any other ideas- I want to make these special for them! Thank you for ALL ideas!

Lori

Gernerosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need!

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1425 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1425 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2012 :  10:44:38 AM  Show Profile
Lori
That is a sweet idea. What are you doing for the diabetics?
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2012 :  11:09:02 AM  Show Profile
We have some sugar free candy to put in the baskets for the diabetics, and I think we are going to put a single pack of tea in the baskets too.

Gernerosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2012 :  12:31:52 PM  Show Profile
What a nice idea for all involved. I would love to see how the people react to the baskets. I'm sure they are appreciative.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6592 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6592 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2012 :  09:35:26 AM  Show Profile
A new comb and a small baby powder to use after bathing would be nice too. Often these items get lost and residents enjoy having their own supplies.

Winnie. #3109
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2012 :  11:36:20 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Small tubes of hand lotion, lip balm, small pad of paper with a pen.

CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2012 :  05:54:11 AM  Show Profile
great ideas- thank you ladies- I think I'm more excited than the kids. I hope the residents enjoy this!

Lori

Go to Top of Page

pennyhenny
True Blue Farmgirl

304 Posts

Missy
Dayton OH
USA
304 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2012 :  08:16:25 AM  Show Profile
Pocket size tissues, hankie,life-savors playing cards. Let area businesses know what your doing and see if they will donate some goodies for you. Our cafe donates quite a bit for things like this that benefit the elderly.

I applaud you for doing this as it really does make a huge difference on ones life to be thought of.

hugs,
-missy-

http://citychickblogging.blogspot.com/

Sisterhood Member#4003

Happiness held is the seed; Happiness shared is the flower.
John Harrigan
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2012 :  10:04:25 AM  Show Profile
Lori,

They already sound so special! Just the love and care behind the baskets is perfect!

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2012 :  8:18:39 PM  Show Profile
Perhaps you could put in a puzzle book- such as word find etc. Playing cards are great too. A set of Dominos? Maybe you could ask the childrens parents if they have any past issues of magazines that they have read already as well that you could put in the baskets- this might be especially useful to try and fill a gentlemens basket- perhaps National Geographics, Sports Illustrated, Smithsonian, Readers Digest etc. I would imagine that the mens baskets are a bit more difficult to fill.
Years ago as a community service project we made "suncatchers" at our local nursing home WITH the residents. We used tissue paper sandwiched between wax paper, ironed it together(quickly with just a warm iron) and punched a hole in the top and attached a ribbon. This way the residents had something to bring back to their rooms and hang in their windows too.
What a wonderful thing you are doing- good luck- sounds like you are well on your way to putting together some very lovely baskets!
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2012 :  10:48:39 AM  Show Profile
Tonight is the night to make the baskets..I think I am much more excited than the kids are. I hope to post some pics later.
Fingers crossed that all goes well,

Lori

Go to Top of Page
  Holidays: Previous Topic May Baskets Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page