Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **Welcome Wagon
 Farm Girl Wannabe in CO for Now . . .
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farm Girl Wannabe in CO for Now . . . Next Topic  

ModernishHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

58 Posts

Amy
Colorado
USA
58 Posts

Posted - May 22 2012 :  4:45:02 PM  Show Profile
Hey All!

I'm new here. My name is Amy and I'm a 20-something single girl currently living in my home state of CO and finishing my master's degree. Though I don't have a job lined up yet, and I'm applying all over the mountain west, so I don't know if I'll be able to keep calling CO home or not. Wherever I land I hope to be able to start a little small plot garden farm to feed me and my trusty pooch. Save some money and practice some important skills for when I have my own full family, hopefully sooner rather than later.

I blog about children's lit, literacy and crafts here: kidsstacks.blogspot.com

About cooking and crafts here: modernishhomemaker.blogspot.com

And about outdoor lifestyle and primal diet here: outdooramy.blogspot.com

I have an Etsy shop, but it's on hold while I finish my degree and look for a job. Hopefully in another month or two I'll have a regular full time gig and will be able to give more attention to all of those venture.

I cook from scratch as much as possible, can, knit, sew, quilt and paper craft. I love to camp and hike too. And yes, I was a girl scout for several years growing up! Be Prepared!

I'm just a 20-something girl making a home for me (and my dog) and waiting for the family to fill it!

---

"A home is made of love and dreams"

---

modernishhomemaker.blogspot.com

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6594 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6594 Posts

Posted - May 22 2012 :  4:54:41 PM  Show Profile
Greetings from Florissant, CO Amy. You are going to love it here, we have so much fun and all the farmgirls are wonderful.
I could not pull up any of your blogs and can not figure out why.
Hugs,
Debbie

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on May 22 2012 4:55:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - May 22 2012 :  4:55:02 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Amy, You are going to love it here, The girls are so sweet and they will make you feel like you are home!
Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - May 22 2012 :  5:58:54 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Amy! It's always fun to hear from another Colorado girl! I live in Pueblo, so not too far from you! I agree, I think you'll love it here at MJF! The girls are so much fun, so just jump right in, don't be shy! I'd love to hear more about your hobbies and of course your pooch!

Hugs, Lu

--
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
http://luzy.etsy.com- My etsy store!
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - May 22 2012 :  7:25:11 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Amy, likewise, You will like it here and fit right in. Hope to see you post and see your blogs.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6594 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6594 Posts

Posted - May 23 2012 :  04:26:00 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Amy! I am so glad to meet you and hear more about your adventures! Wow, you are one busy young woman with so many things going on at once! Best of luck finishing up your masters and getting that first job! What kind of pooch do you have? Can you post a photo for us to enjoy? CO is full of lots of FarmGirls so hopefully you can meet a few. But the good news is that we are all here 24/7 rain or shine which is something I love about this forum!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - May 23 2012 :  05:37:22 AM  Show Profile
Welcome, Amy,
Are you at the University of Colorado for your master's? What is it in?
It is a difficult time to find a job for young people. Older people just aren't/can't retire. It is incredible to think that my parent's generation retired at 55. Those days are gone...

I would love to hear about you pup, too. We have two labs and the antithesis of a lab ... a chihuahua. Sheesh. Talk about different temperment.

marianne
Go to Top of Page

Nana Shirl
True Blue Farmgirl

352 Posts

Shirley
Kit Carson Colorado
USA
352 Posts

Posted - May 23 2012 :  09:47:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Nana Shirl a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Amy..I don't post much...mostly read and enjoy all that the FG have going on...I am still learning about the boards..I am not the best at any of this computer stuff..lol...I am a gma way out on the eastern plains of Colo..Congrats on all your accomplishments..my granddaughter just got her BSN...and she is probably about your age... I know you will enjoy the FGs as much as I do...Blessings in all you do with your life lil woman..Nana Shirl

You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me. ~C.S. Lewis
Go to Top of Page

ModernishHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

58 Posts

Amy
Colorado
USA
58 Posts

Posted - May 23 2012 :  11:19:31 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm going to University of Denver actually, library science.

I have a shih-tzu, there's a picture of her on my Pinterest "Pet Love" board with my sister's beagle Tex: http://pinterest.com/modernishhome/pet-love/

I live in Denver now, but grew up in the Springs and when to high school out on the eastern plains.

***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***
I'm just a 20-something girl making a home for me (and my dog) and waiting for the family to fill it!

---

---
outdooramy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Heather B
True Blue Farmgirl

562 Posts

Heather
Longmont Colorado
USA
562 Posts

Posted - May 29 2012 :  08:58:34 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Amy!

I'm up north from you a bit. You sound like a woman of many talents and tons of energy!
My niece has a blog that you might like www.evolvingmommy.com .

Heather

http://homesteadincity.blogspot.com/
http://littlehouseonthebumper.blogspot.com/ (My "glamper" page)

"Only your real friends tell you when your face is dirty"
Farm Girl Sister #662
Go to Top of Page

Lorie.Vance
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Lorie
Tampa FL
200 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2012 :  3:56:57 PM  Show Profile
Hi Amy! Welcome! I was so excited to read your little bio. I also strive to eat primal and basically eat Paleo. It really goes well with the Crossfit exercises I do at our local box. I cook pretty much everything from scratch and use nut flours and honey as much as possible. I've created a few great recipes and just love being creative in the kitchen. I was stationed in Colorado when I was in the Air Force, there could be worse places to be...LOL. Welcome again!

http://thevintagegardengirl@blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7596 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7596 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2012 :  5:16:08 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Amy
it is good to have you here. I came from Colorado and I don't live there now but it is still a part of me...You will really enjoy it here.
hugs
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

JerseyGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

181 Posts

Michele
Southern NJ
USA
181 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2012 :  04:02:03 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Amy! You'll love it here!
Go to Top of Page

ModernishHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

58 Posts

Amy
Colorado
USA
58 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2012 :  9:51:09 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Ladies! It's great to meet others with CO ties and who are living paleo/primal as well. :)

I haven't logged on here in a while since I've been moving and getting settled in a new job, new place, new town.

***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***

---

---
outdooramy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

alissa
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

alissa
mcalester Oklahoma
USA
102 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2012 :  12:34:23 PM  Show Profile
Hi and welcome Amy

alissa
Go to Top of Page

Neecerie
Farmgirl in Training

31 Posts

Denise
Kirkland WA
USA
31 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2012 :  2:02:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Neecerie an AOL message
I try not to think of my current apartment bound existance as 'wannabe farmgirl' ...rather just farmgirl in the pre-farm stage.

Besides, your own farm is not a requirement for being a farmgirl!

Welcome aboard, from another farmless farmgirl.

The world's only Art Deco farmgirl?
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2012 :  3:21:04 PM  Show Profile
Welcome, Amy. Enjoy your time with us.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farm Girl Wannabe in CO for Now . . . Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page