Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Praying for Strength
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Praying for Strength Next Topic  

alterationsbyemily
True Blue Farmgirl

686 Posts

Emily
Thomasville PA
USA
686 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  3:35:42 PM  Show Profile
I need to vent farmgirls. Within the last week we have decided as a family, with prayer, that the girls will begin to wear only skirts, below the knees. So we started on our project of getting skirts, making dresses, things to wear. Well we have been wearing the outfits and my mom called me and gave me an earfull about the skirts, she saw them via facebook. She told me that I am torturing my DD and she will be made fun of at Kindergaten next year because of her skirts. That I do not look stylish and that people will think there is something wrong with me because of my skirts.

Ugghh! I just kept having the feeling of a calling to God, and now the skirts. It just felt like God was telling me to dress this way. Now every morning when I put on my skirt I have such a feeling of peace.

I do not understand how my DD would be made fun of. We live in an area that has alot of Bretheran communities and Amish country is within 1 hour. People wearing skirts and dresses in our area is very normal. I knew that she would be nasty about it, but I never thought that nasty.

So I am now praying for a seed of strength, please pray with me.

---
Farmgirl #2951
No longer renting, offical farmgirl.
Check out my new blog at http://featheredhattrading.blogspot.com/
And my new Etsy listings http://www.etsy.com/shop/alterationsbyemily

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  3:56:18 PM  Show Profile
Emily,
I am praying with you and your family. And, by the way- I don't think anyone will make fun of your children- not anymore than normal kids play.

Lori

Gernerosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  4:10:10 PM  Show Profile
Emily, does your daughter have a problem wearing only skirts? I believe it's you and your husband's decision. I'll be praying for all of you.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

lwm
True Blue Farmgirl

123 Posts

Loralie
Duncan AZ
USA
123 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  4:22:54 PM  Show Profile
Emily,
Praying for you.
It's important that you do what you feel God leading you to do.
I'll pray for your mom too.

Loralie
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  4:38:20 PM  Show Profile
I will also be praying for you and your family, Emily. God called upon you and your family . That is a Blessing.

Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - May 18 2012 :  04:59:36 AM  Show Profile
Emily, my prayers are that you will have peace of mind and continue to follow whatever you believe God is calling you to do. My granddaughter and my great niece both wear skirts most of the time and I haven't heard any complaints about being made fun of. They both love wearing skirts. I think there is some other issue here that is causing your mother to react this way, but have no idea what it might be. Perhaps she has the mistaken idea this will reflect on her in some way. Will continue to pray for strength for you.

Karin
Farmgirl Sister #2708

Romans 8: 38,39
Go to Top of Page

alterationsbyemily
True Blue Farmgirl

686 Posts

Emily
Thomasville PA
USA
686 Posts

Posted - May 18 2012 :  1:53:47 PM  Show Profile
After considering some things, my mother grew up in a catholic family and attended private school, she was forced to wear skirts. My grandmother was very conservative and so was my grandfather, he was even studying to be a priest in his early years. I don't want to speculate on her reasons. I just need to remember that this is something I was called up to do.

Thanks for the prayers, I think I can really feel some strength coming my way.

---
Farmgirl #2951
Go to Top of Page

alterationsbyemily
True Blue Farmgirl

686 Posts

Emily
Thomasville PA
USA
686 Posts

Posted - May 23 2012 :  6:10:39 PM  Show Profile
Thank you ladies for your prayers, I must say, my mother has stopped a good portion of her cultural jabs at me, and hasn't said a word about ruining my daughter. I am pretty sure my dad told her to let me be.

I finished up so many skirts this week, my mind is spinning. Now I have a hankering to quilt.

Thank you so much ladies

---
Farmgirl #2951
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - May 23 2012 :  9:49:43 PM  Show Profile
Emily...I applaud you for takina stand on faith! I love seein people do that!

I'm not a big skirt wearer, because I just feel very uncomfortable in them personally. I am from a different religion than my husbands family, so I have that fight. It wasn't bad until he decided to convert and join me and the girls at church. It wasn't really a conversion, he had only attended church service 3 times in his life as a very young child. He just felt like God was tuggin at him and he joined us.

His family even tried to split us up. We stood firm and have never been happier. It makes for a stronger family when you stand stronger with God!!!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Praying for Strength Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page