True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - May 14 2012 :  11:26:30 AM  Show Profile
Hello fellow Farmgirls!

I received for Mothers Day a green vinyl greenhouse! Although I am excited about this, I really dont ghave a clue on how to use it! My son in law put it up 2 days ago, there is a zippered door in the front and a v-sghaped window? in the back! It is warm and muggy inside even my glasses steam up, it was put up in a mostly sunny area.

I am g\oing\ to look online for some clues and/or ideas but I would trust my fellow farmgirls more! So please offer me your ideas and sugg\estions if you would!? Thank you!

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - May 14 2012 :  9:02:37 PM  Show Profile
Sounds very exciting Sue! Good for you! I do not have a greenhouse so cant offer any tips, but I am sure that one of our knowledgable farmgirl sisters can help you!
Good Luck with it!
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

homsteddinmom
True Blue Farmgirl

441 Posts

Brandee
bullard tx
USA
441 Posts

Posted - May 15 2012 :  05:53:56 AM  Show Profile  Send homsteddinmom a Yahoo! Message
warm and muggy is jsut what you need!! I open mine up when it gets really hot in there. I put a thermometer in mine so i can see how warm it is and how high the humidity is. So now just start your seeds and put them in there!! good luck and have fun, gardening is a learn as we grow experience!

Homesteading Mom in East Texas. Raising chickens, Rabbits and goats here on my farm!

http://homesteddinmomsworld.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - May 15 2012 :  06:18:22 AM  Show Profile
Tghanks Laurie and Brandie, I did put seedlings in there and yesterday started some new seeds and put inside!
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - May 15 2012 :  08:09:10 AM  Show Profile
Sue, check out my blog for pictures of what we have done with our greenhouse. Look in March 2012 and May and June of 2011. Hope this helps. :)

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

My Blog - www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

Etsy Store - www.annapearlsattic.etsy.com

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

Hoosiermom
True Blue Farmgirl

199 Posts

Beth
Alexandria IN
USA
199 Posts

Posted - May 15 2012 :  8:54:43 PM  Show Profile
16 yrs ago we started out with a 10x10 greenhouse (to grow our garden plants)...2 years after that we started our own family business & have grown to the point we are busting at the seams. We have 4-120ft greenhouses & 1 big 4bay greenhouse that is 140ft in each bay & 9 employees on payroll. This hobby turned into a huge undertaking. We still manage to stay open in the spring only since my hubby & I have other jobs. As Brandee said it's a learn as you grow experience for sure! Have fun with it!

Beth
~Barnyard Greenhouse~
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - May 18 2012 :  08:50:13 AM  Show Profile
Sherone and Beth -