Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 11 2012 :  3:27:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Nora has really been into her puzzles lately. She can do a 100 piece puzzle in about 15 minutes and she has been such a good girl. So today when we did our shopping and she asked for a new puzzle, I though- why not?

We went to the puzzle aisle and first of all- they are WAY more expensive than I remember. And they had a horrible selection. The only one she wanted was 750 pieces!! I told her it was much harder and would take a long time. She said she still wanted it. So against my better judgemet, I got it for her.

We got home and after everything was put away, she started wanting to do the puzzle. So I got it out for her and she started working on it. I was in the middle of house cleaing so I thought I would just help her inbetween chores.

So I was vacumming for all of 3 minutes and I came out to find her tossing the puzzle pieces in the air like confetti. I couldn't believe it. I was sooo furious! I _THINK_ we found them all but I am saving a final count for after she goes to bed. If not we are within 4-6 pieces. A couple slipped through my fingers as I was doing a count and at 586 I didn't want to start over so I guestimated. I tore the living room apart and can't find any more so I am hoping we got them all.

She is sentenced to cleaning up her room until her father gets home and we have dinner. Argh. I am just so upset that she did this. We were having such a GREAT day! That is something I would have expected from a two year old- not a five year old!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wff7Xpc/]

[/url]

SpyChicken
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Christine
Fond du Lac WI
USA
436 Posts

Posted - May 11 2012 :  3:56:03 PM  Show Profile
Maybe she got a little frustrated with the 750 pieces v. the 100 pieces? That's a lot of pieces and she's pretty young...although kudos to her for being awesome at those 100 piecers!! Well, if worse comes to worse and you can't find all the pieces, just paint the pieces bright colors and make a collage or Christmas ornaments, or decorate photo frames with them...at least they won't go to waste and you'll have taken care of EVERYONE on your Christmas list!LOL If it's any consolation, my son took apart his sister's "Clue" game one day and reworked it into some sort of garage for his cars...she was pretty mad too!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 11 2012 :  8:33:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
She wanted me to help her turn all the pieces over, plus I think she was just in a mood today. We got it all worked out but sheesh. Somedays the things they do without thinking just aggravate so much! We ended up having a good day, got her room cleaned up, got a chore chart made and stickers assigned to the family. So I hope we can sit down another night and try the puzzle. We might be missing a few but I guess that is a lesson learned too!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wff7Xpc/]

[/url]
Go to Top of Page

SpyChicken
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Christine
Fond du Lac WI
USA
436 Posts

Posted - May 12 2012 :  07:34:10 AM  Show Profile
Oh good! Glad you got it worked out!
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - May 12 2012 :  12:50:21 PM  Show Profile
Sounds to me like overwhelment too.

Don't get my wrong, I'm no angle my little "angels" do plenty to make me upset too! hahaha

But, when all is said in done I have seen DD1 do this kind of thing too when she is overwhelmed. It's not really about "playing" but I think just not knowing what else to do.

We have a strict rule with things like this that they don't come out with out mommy and/or daddy right there with her. Otherwise such "toys/games" are kept at the top of my closet or pieces would be lost forever!

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - May 12 2012 :  12:52:16 PM  Show Profile
oh BTW I would look around dollar tree and dollar general for cheaper puzzles. I don't buy them often any more so don't know if they have anything or not of what you are looking for, but I know I see puzzles at dollar tree and sometimes in targets dollar item stuff too, but never paid attention to the number of pieces.

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 12 2012 :  1:03:41 PM  Show Profile
Alee, You'll look back one day and laugh about that. I think you did the right thing. Hugs to you and Nora.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - May 13 2012 :  10:05:24 AM  Show Profile
Look in goodwill and other thrift shops for puzzles. There's a chance that a few peices could be missing though.

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

countrymommy85
True Blue Farmgirl

898 Posts

Krystle
MT
USA
898 Posts

Posted - May 14 2012 :  06:30:11 AM  Show Profile
I had a bunch of puzzles I just gave to Goodwill! I would have sent them over to you had I known!

Mothers are those wonderful people who can get up in the morning before the smell of coffee. ~Author Unknown

http://countryrenaissance.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SunflowersAndHoney
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Fuming Right now... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page