Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 The Chicken Round-Up ... Continues...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic The Chicken Round-Up ... Continues... Next Topic  

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2006 :  10:17:19 PM  Show Profile
We had some really funny moments here today - especially when William (age 3) went on a "chicken round-up" with a big stick trying to get a hen back into her chicken tractor. She's been on the loose for several days now, and Will refers to her as "the little fertilizer," because she leaves droppings all over the place.

It was HILARIOUS!!! He came running up to me, out of breath, saying, "Mama - when I GENTLY poked the hen with my stick, she said, 'bok, bok, buh GOK!!!!!' and it made me run away to YOU!" Oh, he is a sweetie!

And my little Arthur is now almost 7 weeks old - my how time flies!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2006 :  11:13:59 PM  Show Profile
Libbie,
Your boys sound like sweet angels and whatlovely memories! My little boy (just turned 2) also likes rounding up the chickens - he does it on his toy ride on tractor though!
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2006 :  08:39:04 AM  Show Profile
Libbie,
How cute! I can just imagine it...Will sounds like such a cute boy, I can see him running back to you, eyes wide, telling you his adventure! We should all learn from our children, life is so straight-forward and honest for kids....They don't waste time reading into every situation like we do, they just take life at it's face value! This story is so funny!
Thanks for sharing it.
Kate

http://theknifemakerswife.blogspot.com/2006/07/knifemakers-wife.html
Go to Top of Page

Libbie

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  2:17:55 PM  Show Profile
So last night we decided to let the chickens out of their "tractors" to run around the yard and farm of their own free accord - nothing "harvestable" that they can eat, really, anymore. This morning, when Will saw about 20 hens on the front lawn he just about fell down with surprise, saying, "Mama, mama, mama...the hens are in the front rodeo arena!!!!! Can you make a lasso or should I use my stick to round them up???!!!"

I recommend the stick - and about a half an hour later I had to go out and ask him to give the poor hens a rest! He just LOVES pretending that he's on a roundup!

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

bybiddie
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

susan
upstate ny
USA
267 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  2:22:42 PM  Show Profile
Libbie, your little Will sounds absolutley adorable! "The front rodeo arena" - LOL! Sounds like they all got a good thirty minutes of exercise! Too bad I can't borrow him when my Lulu gets out!

susan

Lovin' my life
Go to Top of Page

Libbie

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2006 :  11:08:44 PM  Show Profile
The saga continues... Today I let all of the chickens out, including our one big red rooster, appropriately named, "Big Red." Well, William sees them running all over the place and I don't pay attention to either him or the chickens for a while - then he comes back to me and says, "Mama - Big Red is trying to STAND ON ALL OF HIS WIVES!!!" He refers to the hens as Big Red's wives - I have no idea where THAT came from! All I could say to that one is, "That's great, sweetie - do you want to come in for lunch?!"

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2006 :  03:54:38 AM  Show Profile
Libbie -- Are you writing these Will and the Chickens stories down somewhere so he can have them later? They are priceless!
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2006 :  07:35:26 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
Sounds like what I would have said. Way to funny.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my other web store http://vintagethreads.etsy.com/
my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2006 :  1:35:14 PM  Show Profile
That is so cute. Made me remember when my two oldest boys ..years ago...were watching the chickens and the younger one said "I think that rooster is trying to hurt the hens" and the older one said "boy are you dumb, they are just wrestling". I slowly backed up and stayed out of it.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2006 :  10:01:50 AM  Show Profile
Libbie, that is just too cute....oh to be a child again.
At least we can live with children and enjoy their wonder.
Love
Kate

http://theknifemakerswife.blogspot.com/2006/07/knifemakers-wife.html
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2006 :  3:27:39 PM  Show Profile
When my nephew Danny came to visit us one Easter when he was young, he was enchanted by the chickens. He saw the rooster doing his thing with the ladies and said to me, "Auntie Sheryl, how lazy does that rooster have to get? Why does he have to ride on the hens' backs when he can just walk himself?" We were taping the kids and the chickens at the time, so we have it all recorded. Needless to say, there was a lot of laughing going on. Danny is 17 already now!!
Go to Top of Page

Libbie

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2006 :  8:14:16 PM  Show Profile
I just LOVE listening to what kids have to say - I just re-read this thread and have visions of lazy, wrestling roosters......

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

Forrester Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

703 Posts

Ann
Belmont MI
USA
703 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2006 :  10:15:45 AM  Show Profile
Libbie, I kept thinking about these funny chicken stories today. Really you should be writing them down somewhere for future ref. You inspired me to be more diligent with writing in the journals that I have for each of my children. Those precious moments slip by fast, and what a gift to be able to give them a journal of a mother's memories in the future! Ann
http://annforrester.tohe.com
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic The Chicken Round-Up ... Continues... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page