Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 POSTCARD SWAP - 50 States/Vacation - we're done!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic POSTCARD SWAP - 50 States/Vacation - we're done! Next Topic
Page: of 27

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2012 :  2:14:12 PM  Show Profile
I too put some of my postcards in today's mail. Round one- about 10 cards. More to follow in the next day or so. This is defintely one of my favorite swaps!
Thanks again for hosting CJ!
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

Lainey Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Lainey Lou (Elaine)
Marietta Ga
USA
158 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2012 :  3:09:16 PM  Show Profile
Marcie and Darlene,

Got both of y'alls cards late yesterday afternoon.

Marcie I loved the Texas wildflowers. You know I am a Texas girl in my heart, and have been to Port A tons of times on vacation and swimming and fishing. We went last summer, wish I had been a member then, we could have met and done something together.

Darlene I loved your card with the redwoods as well. My great Grandma lived in San Francisco and when we came home from living in Hawaii we stopped there to see her and she had a cabin there in the redwoods. I remember driving thru the tree that was soooooo huge and I was only two and a half - they were quite impressive! I hadn't thought of that in years as I lost my Great Grandma long ago. We also went fishing and my Grandma and Grandpa cooked the fish and I swallowed a piece of bone and choked and they kept making me eat bread to make sure the bone went down and they wouldn't let me eat the rest of my fish - it must have been pretty good because I still remember being highly upset about it! Thanx for the memories!!!

I just love this swap!

Lainey Lou #3848

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance.
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2012 :  7:04:28 PM  Show Profile
Oh wonderful I received a post card from April and one from Marcie. I love reading about different historical places, You probably are learning alot April and about the cultural practices too, Thanks April, and also thank you Marcie, those are beautiful flowers, I remember seeing the Indian Paintbrush in Colorado when I was growing up, and the Blue bonnet is pretty. It is really a pretty post card, Thanks for letting me travel there this way.
this is so neat!
I will put these postcards up on my cabinet for now but will put them in an album later,
Have a great evening.

Life begins each morning...Each morning is the open door to a new world-new vistas, new aims, new tryings.

By, Leigh Hodges
Go to Top of Page

grammytammy
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

Tamara
Binghamton ny
USA
585 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2012 :  04:02:40 AM  Show Profile
squeeeee this is so fun. Thanks all for the "summer vacation"

FarmGirl 2495
God loved us so much He gave His only son to die in our stead.
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2012 :  09:58:36 AM  Show Profile
CeeJay I got your lovely card today :) My first one.....many more to come lol. Love the card, so cute to see all the faces.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hugs from Marian/Dutchy

http://pinkprincessinthailand.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13618 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13618 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2012 :  10:13:01 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Oh, "dutchy". . . sooooooo glad to hear it made it!
YAY!!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

countrymommy85
True Blue Farmgirl

898 Posts

Krystle
MT
USA
898 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2012 :  11:07:15 AM  Show Profile
Got my postcards all addressed, just working on writing a little hello on them and waiting to get to the post office to get stamps and my postcards will be on their way!

Mothers are those wonderful people who can get up in the morning before the smell of coffee. ~Author Unknown

http://countryrenaissance.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SunflowersAndHoney
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5078 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5078 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2012 :  12:18:35 PM  Show Profile
OOOOOO Scary! Marlee, I love your postcard!! It will also become part of my Vintage Halloween Collection! What an awesome Structure!I can't tell you how much I am so loving all these Interesting Places and Facts from all over the U.S !and our Farm Sis In Thailand's card is going to be so exciting! I have only been outside the U.S. 2 times in my life.Isn't it wonderful, that Mary Jane's Farm has reached across Oceans, to bring us all together! I was in a Christmas Card swap last Year, and we had A Farm Sis from The Netherlands in that swap! Hugs to everyone! for my postcards! Connie P.S. This is a postcard I got from Tammy C. from another time, I am a retired Hair stylist,So I just got the biggest Kick out of this!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2012 :  12:31:47 PM  Show Profile
Connie I picked this card because of the history and it is in the older section of town.When I am in town this building is on the main road going south so I pass it all the time. And it makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. I always feel like some one is watching.A girl that I know she is part of a paranormal group from here that did a investigation in the old jail and she said they were walking up the stairs and there were cold spot on a certain place on the landing at the top and it happened to be where the hanging took place long ago. EEEeeeeeKS. Glad to like the card Connie . And I agree with you totally that it is so much fun getting pcards from all over and out of the country.Whoohoo! Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2012 :  3:22:02 PM  Show Profile
Lainey Lou ,Thank You so much for the postcard . I love the picture of You and Marty. So now I know what you look like. Whoohoo! This is so much fun.I mailed all of mine out Monday. Cant wait to get more...! Blessings Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2012 :  5:13:28 PM  Show Profile
Received Marlee's postcard today, very interesting architecture for
that historical building and it does look a bit scary too. Really
enjoying all the different postcards. Sent a few out today and
some more in the next several days.

What I make with my
hands, I give with my heart ....
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2012 :  5:36:52 PM  Show Profile
Linda, glad you like it. Isn't it fun getting all these postcards. I love it.-marlee

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2012 :  6:25:25 PM  Show Profile
Marlee...got your spooky post card today! Such a cool picture but the post office inked the front
of it and messed it up. Made me mad! If you got any extra ones could you send me out another one?
I would happily re-imburse you for the postage. If not I will just be satisfied with this one.

IF anyone get's one from me that the post office messes up...let me know because I bought extra's.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2012 :  7:03:44 PM  Show Profile
Hi PeggyAnn, yes I will gladly send you another one. I hope the PO didnt mess them all up. I will be really be upset.
I will be sending one out to you .
Glad you like it, it gives me the chills,BOOO! lol -Marlee

Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2012 :  9:05:08 PM  Show Profile
Got two postcards in the mail today!!! Marlee, I love the spooky old jail..i love history and old buildings too...I take tons of pictures of them. I will be using copies of your postcard in my Halloween art if that's ok!

Connie sent me the best vintage black and white postcard of Elvis in his car at Graceland. I love the '50's era so much and Elvis...wow! I want to go to Graceland.

I am so loving these peeks at everyone's part of the country. So much fun!!!

Hugs, Tammy

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2012 :  11:51:46 PM  Show Profile
Marlee...thank you so much. I have received other postcards with minor issues...just going cross-
country but never so badly damaged before. I hope mine was the exception and nobody else had the
same problem. It was almost like they canceled it on both sides. Strange! But thanks for being a
sweetie and sending out another one. That Jail is not a place I would have wanted to be in. I
can well imagine it has a reputation of being haunted...it looks that spooky.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2012 :  09:26:41 AM  Show Profile
Tammy you can use the postcard any way you like .All my sisters you can use the cards anyway you wish.
I am having a blast with this swap. -Marlee

Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2012 :  09:45:45 AM  Show Profile
PeggyAnn your card is on the way and I put it in an envelope.Next time I go to the post office, were going to have a talk. I have a few left so if anyone needs another just ask. Marlee

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13618 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13618 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2012 :  12:05:35 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Marlee,
I got your card today . . . seems like the post office doing the postmarks has some issues. I sent you pictures so you'd know.
I sent you an email with the pics as attachments.
THANKS SO MUCH!!!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5078 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5078 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2012 :  12:36:55 PM  Show Profile
Marlee, Mine is inked at the top too, but just makes it Spooky! LOL~ no need to send another to me,I like this one, Looks like something Alfred Hitchcock would do!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2012 :  12:41:44 PM  Show Profile
Happy, happy, Joy, joy!
came home to find 2 more postcards in the mail today..
Ond with a lovely picture of our very own Lainey Lou! Thank you Lainey- its so nice to put a beautiful face to the name!
Also received my card from Marcy in Rhode Island. Marcy- I have been to the mansions many times...it is truly amazing that these were the summer "cottages" of the wealthy Vanderbilts and such. Cliff walk is a sight to behold as well!
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..

Edited by - laurentany on Jun 08 2012 07:46:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

Island Gal
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Marcie
Texas
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2012 :  1:46:38 PM  Show Profile
Another fun mail day! Thank you Marlene and Linda. Marlee, mine was black at the top too but it just makes it look spooky. I love it anyway. Strange that the post office would do that.
Linda, I LOVE your snow covered mountains! Looks soooo inviting to me since it's almost 90 here....

http://www.flip-flopsandsandals.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2012 :  1:57:45 PM  Show Profile
Well I called the Post Office and complained, the supervisor said that they do not stamp them it is stamped when the mail is transfered to a main
dropped to be shipped out.In the case to lafeyette,La. And he said someone doesnt know what they are doing only the back needs to be stamped.
He said he would call and see what is happening and he said he was sorry this has happened. So I will wait and see. But am sorry everyone that this is going on. It upsets me. Hugs marlee

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13618 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13618 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2012 :  2:09:07 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Marlee,
Don't let it bother you . . . it's not your fault. And, I appreciate the card . . it's cool.
Thanks so much!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

retasos2
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Pilar
Centereach NY
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2012 :  2:39:27 PM  Show Profile
What a crazy week I have had...but what a blessing the postcards have been.
I got cards from- CJ with Mary Jane (oh! so jealous). Darlene, CA. Marcie, TX. April, MN. Marlene, LA. Marcy, RI.

Pilar
Farmgirl Sister #2498
Little Hen House on the Island

" A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is, until she gets in hot water" Eleanore Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 27 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic POSTCARD SWAP - 50 States/Vacation - we're done! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page