Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 OH SO PROUDLY AND HAPPILY ANNOUNCING ...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic OH SO PROUDLY AND HAPPILY ANNOUNCING ... Next Topic
Page: of 2

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2006 :  10:47:22 PM  Show Profile
a precious new angel baby GRAND DAUGHTER ... Sofia Catherine
born today at 6:21 p.m. ... 7 pounds and 13 ounces ... nineteen and a half inches long .. and OH SO BEAUTIFUL!!!

we sped all the way to Toledo, OH from Kentucky when daughter, Wednesday called to say she was on her way to the hospital .. and we arrived LITERALLY as the doctor arrived and was raising Wednesday's legs into the stirrups. He covered her up so we could give her hugs and kisses!

We have waited for months and months to see if little Lucas (5 years old and one month to the day) had a brother or a sister!

I must admit I secretly hoped for a girl this time. Wednesday is SUCH a girly-girl .. and was a ballerina all during her high school years .. AND .. she recently became a Board Member of the Toledo Ballet! Hank never doubted for a minute she was having a girl .. I was convinced it was another adorable little boy ... almost EVERYONE assured us it was a BOY .. because of her 'shape' ... you would not know she was pregnant from the back .. she carried all out front .. huge, round, basketball shaped and LOW for most of her pregnancy ... SO .. little Sofia just blew that olde wives tale right out the window!!!!

The half-hour it took to be born .. Lucas (who had flip-flopped between wanting a brother and a sister during the last nine months .. declared he wanted a SISTER .. and so it was!!!

Most of all, we are so very thankful she is healthy and that Wednesday is doing so well (there was a LOT of ripping and tearing that went on down there we were told though!) She will be needing her own mama to be with her until she heals. I will stay a week or two or however long she needs me!

When Frankie came out of the birthing room (we were RIGHT OUTSIDE THE DOOR .. with ears to the door .. but couldn't hear anything except PUSH .. 1 2 3 4 5 .... BREATHE DEEP ... now PUSH ... 1.2.3.4.5......

When the doc was sewing and repairing her little bottom .. i 'thought' i heard wednesday whisper something to the doctor twice and i 'thought' i heard the word 'her'. But then, we heard Frankie say in a clear voice: BROTHER ... sooooo .. we were all prepared for a brother. (we found out he was telling Sofia Catherine about 'her' big BROTHER. EVEN hank, for moment, felt it was a boy. We were all invited into the room ... looking for a blue or pink hat .. ALL babies now wear a soft pink/blue striped hat!!!! Wednesday lit up the room as she sweetly said, " I want you to meet Sophia Catherine." I thought my heart would burst with happiness.

Sofia was Frank's grandmother's mother's name.
Catherine is a tradition in my family ... my grandmother was Sarah CATHERINE, i am Frances CATHERINE .. and our only other granddaughter is Jennifer CATHERINE.

I must say though, as happy as we are that she now has a son and a daughter, another little PRINCE would have been as wonderful too!

Well, I am on cloud nine and can hardly wait to go shopping for lotsa' PINK!

Thank you all for your sweet thoughts and prayers over the last few months. God has truly blessed our family. xoxo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2006 :  11:18:01 PM  Show Profile
Frannie
BIG BIG CONGRATULATIONS on your new baby girl, I have four of them and they are all a Joy. So you get out there and start buying up all those cute little girl things, like I need to suggest that idea.Oh boy, tea parties, american girl dolls, etc.etc. Never a problem finding something to buy for a girl.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

BettyWeeks
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Betty
Cincinnati Ohio
USA
50 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2006 :  02:21:52 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations, Frannie.
Am so happy for you. there's nothing so wonderful as a new baby. It's so wonderful that you will be able to stay for awhile. I know you will have so much fun shopping for that little girl.
Betty

True Happiness: Something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.
Go to Top of Page

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2006 :  03:40:13 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations to you all! What a wonderful time for your family. I am sure you will enjoy every moment of your time with your daughter and new granddaughter in the coming weeks. God bless!
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2006 :  04:35:24 AM  Show Profile
Blessings on your family and its newest little person, Sofia Catherine. This is such wonderful news! I know your daughter will really need you this next week, and Lucas and daddy, too . . . and give lots of little kisses to Sofia's head for us!
Go to Top of Page

Kelly43
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

NJ
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2006 :  04:47:56 AM  Show Profile
CONGRATS!!!!! to all of you. I am so happy for you all. Have fun caring for both those beautiful girls!!
Kelly
Go to Top of Page

newheart
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Margie
Owings Mills Maryland
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2006 :  04:54:01 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Frannie.. I have 2 lovely grand-daughters and they are the APPLE of grand-dads eye......I am so pleased for you,your daughter and your whole family.......

newheart
margie
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2006 :  05:11:59 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Frannie! What wonderful news! I see many fairy parties in Sofia's future!!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2006 :  05:26:48 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Oh Frannie!!! How wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing the wonderful news and the very best to your family as they welcome your sweet new addition!
Hugz!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2006 :  06:59:58 AM  Show Profile
Hi Frannie! Isn't it wonderful to welcome a little one into the world? I can hear your excitement in your words! Congratulations to you all and may God bless your entire family. Susan
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2006 :  07:10:54 AM  Show Profile
YAY!!! I love hearing about babies being born!! COngratulations! What a wonderful thing!

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
Go to Top of Page

BlueApple
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Julia
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2006 :  07:37:05 AM  Show Profile  Send BlueApple an AOL message
Congratulations Frannie...what a blessing!
Julia

Julia
BlueApple Farm
Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2006 :  08:02:17 AM  Show Profile
Wonderful! I'm so happy to hear that everything went so well. And I LOVE the name! :) (Frannie, my grandma is Catherine Frances, my mom is Mary Catherine and I'm Catherine Ann!!)

Sending love to the babe and family, Catherine

http://yogurtandgranola.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2006 :  08:13:40 AM  Show Profile
thanks sweet friends! we are all floating amongst the clouds!

lucas and i are heading out now to get some big PINK ribbon to tie around the tree in their front yards and one of those IT'S A GIRL!!! signs ... to green 'the girls' when they come home ...and of course, we are going to shoppe for 'frilly pink things'!

catherine ... i wish i'd been called that instead of 'frances' as a child ... i find myself calling little sofia ... "Sofie Catherine" already!

xoxo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2006 :  09:09:44 AM  Show Profile
What wonderful news Frannie!! I've been wondering how everything was progressing!! So congrats, you Fairie Grandmama!! Pictures??

--
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2006 :  10:01:04 AM  Show Profile
Heartfelt congratulations Frannie. What a lucky little girl to have you as their Gramma.
Diane
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2006 :  12:15:58 PM  Show Profile
There is nothing like a little grandbaby girl - so glad everything went well. :)

Peace
Go to Top of Page

verbina
True Blue Farmgirl

231 Posts

randi
n.j
USA
231 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2006 :  3:36:08 PM  Show Profile
congrats franni! randi
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2006 :  5:34:21 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations to you all!

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2006 :  5:47:03 PM  Show Profile
spent the day at the hospital holding and cuddling little sofia ... never have i been closer to heaven on earth!

thanks for all the sweet thoughts! wednesday still has some 'owies' down yonder .. but she is getting better .. i think she will be coming home tomorrow!

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2006 :  09:12:01 AM  Show Profile
Frannie, hugs from one grandma to another!! Nothing compares to the love between a grandma and baby!! Congrats!!

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2006 :  3:49:41 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations, Frannie! What a blessing and joyous addition to your family.

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.typepad.com/my_weblog/

Please visit me at www.marykay.com/pmiinch
Go to Top of Page

sugarsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Leah
Woodward Iowa
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2006 :  7:18:44 PM  Show Profile  Send sugarsfarm an AOL message
Oh Congratulations Frannie!!!!

You must be the change you want to see in the world.
Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2006 :  10:47:03 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations to you, Ms. Frannie and to Wednesday and to little Sofia - give that little pink bundle a gentle kiss for me, and your daughter a hearty, "way to go!!!"

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2006 :  07:30:13 AM  Show Profile
thanks again gurlz .. lots of hugs and kisses going on here in toledo! i sat in the snuggly rocking chair (with the rocking footrest!) from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. so daughtere wednesday could get a couple hours sleep. That little angel child is a 'night-owl' (just like she was in her mom's tummy!) she's a good eater .. always ready for a little 'nosh'.

Hank will head back to Kentucky today .. i will stay here for a week or so. Wednesday, despite the 'tears' to her little bottom is getting around really good! Last night at her first dinner 'at home' .. Frankie made a delicious barbeque ... porch chops, corn on the cob on the barbie .. green beans, rice and salad ... when we came to the table .. it was SO adorable .. the 'centerpiece' was an article that just appeared in the New York Times of 'young ballerinas'!!! (Wednesday spent her high school years at the Baltimore School for the Arts majoring in BALLET). AND .. a couple months ago she was elected to the Executive Board of the Ballet Company here in Toledo ... i think someone 'on high' knew this was girl-child!

Frank is so cute having a little 'princess'. She is definitely going to wrap him around her little finger .. but then .. isn't that how it is supposed to be!

Lucas, too, is already very protective and loving to his little sister. Oh gurlfrenz .. life is so GRANDE! oxo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2006 :  09:37:23 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Oh dear sweet frannie- I love hearing the joy in your voice. A beautiful little girl, and Sofia Catherine sounds like a ballerina! Many blessings to you all, grandmother, mother and daughter. And healing prayers for a quick recovery for Miz Wednesday!

blessings
beth

Dreaming of Friday Night Lights

http://blissnblossomfarm.etsy.com
http://bethsblissnblossomfarm.blogspot.com

www.blissnblossomfarm.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic OH SO PROUDLY AND HAPPILY ANNOUNCING ... Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page