True Blue Farmgirl

100 Posts

Michelle
New Caney TX
USA
100 Posts

Posted - May 02 2012 :  06:41:14 AM  Show Profile
Mornin' ladies!

I live in New Caney, TX...just North of Houston. I own a 22 acre farm where I most recently retired from dairy goat farming (Nubians & LaManchas). I used to make/sell cheese, yogurt & kefir to restaurants & to the general public for a living. I still make goat milk soap because it is fun to do, natural and stress-free! I am also growing a nice raised bed garden, which includes a few fruit trees, am raising 4 Texas Longhorn steer bound for the freezer and of course I maintain a small flock of laying hens (Barred Rocks & Auracauna). Lastly, I have 6 large dogs to keep me company...3 labs and 3 Rhodesian Ridgebacks (who are laying at my feet as I type). Let me not leave out our 3 working barn cats (Dozer, Sparky & Oscar) who have been spoiled on goat milk as well.

In addition, I consult/mentor others just starting out in the dairy goat world, consult with other cheese makers and still make cheese, yogurt & kefir for my family using raw goat milk that I buy from a very good friend of mine in Montgomery who has a nice herd of Nubians.

I am a wife and mother of 4, 2 boys & 2 girls (21,17,16,14) plus 2 adorable grand daughters (Jaida 2 & Sydney 5mos). I have recently started baking bread and preparing other foods from scratch so my family no longer has to rely on store bought items. I have always loved farm life, but have not always lived on a farm. I am now living that dream!

In the past we have housed horses, mules, & pigs. We raise grass-fed beef for our own consumption every other year and well I already told you about my garden

I was very excited to find this group via invitation (from Primitive Diva Melissa)! My hope is to get back into sewing, maybe learn to crochet, and just be a better farm girl in general.

Michelle
Farm Girl #4097

MiaBella Farm
New Caney, TX
www.miabellafarm.com

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - May 02 2012 :  4:54:09 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Michelle! If you already know one of the farmgirls you have a head start on loving it here..

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Gladstone Mi.
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - May 02 2012 :  7:47:37 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Michelle. My you have been a busy farmer. Glad you joined us here,you will fit right in. I am from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and joined here last July. This is now a great part of my life and family.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 02 2012 :  10:28:13 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Michelle! I will look forward to reading your posts and comments. Enjoy the forum.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - May 03 2012 :  04:51:11 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Michelle from Florida. You will certainly have an enjoyable time here. So many wonderful women.

Nancy
Farmgirl Sister #2301

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6671 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6671 Posts

Posted - May 03 2012 :  05:19:14 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Michell to the farm, you are going to love it here. Sounds like you have a very wonderful farm life, I enjoyed reading your post.
Hugs,
Debbie

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - May 03 2012 :  05:27:00 AM  Show Profile
Michelle how nice it is to have both you new farmgirls. It sure sounds like you are "one of us." And I am sure we will learn much from you. You sound like a busy person. Hope you will find lots of time to spend with us.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - May 03 2012 :  06:30:28 AM  Show Profile
Welcome! Welcome! Welcome! It's so great you decided to join us here at the farm. It sounds like you've got a lot to share with us. Wow! Such a life! I would love to have a small portion of what you do every day...just a small portion, mind you, lol. I'm sure many of the ladies will have plenty to share with you too and that's what's so great here; you're going to love it.

Squishes and Hugs!

Kathryn

If there is a will, there's a way; find your way!

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - May 03 2012 :  06:32:20 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Michelle to a great bunch of sisters!

A Friend is Someone who Reaches for your Hand, But Touches your Heart!
Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - May 03 2012 :  11:05:35 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Michelle! So glad you have joined us!

Farmgirl Sister #254
Heart of Texas Farmgirls Mother Hen

"An Apron:Its strings gently tug at us, tenderly, softly calling us to turn back to the old ways".-Above Rubies Magazine
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6633 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6633 Posts

Posted - May 03 2012 :  5:02:45 PM  Show Profile
Hello Michelle and welcome to MJF Connection! Gosh, you already have quite a variety of farmgirl experience with your animals. I am sure you will be a wonderful resource to others when questions come up. The one aspect of this forum that means the most to me is the ability to know that we all respect each other and truly reach out to each another as friends and supporters. There are countless topics daily and an enormous wealth of information, prayer and good wishes. So, jump right in and I look forward to from you on the forum!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - May 03 2012 :  8:29:17 PM  Show Profile
A warm farmgirl welcome Michelle, from Long Island,NY! Sounds like you are off to a running start with all of your farmgirl experiences! I am sure we will all learn a little from you too!
Enjoy this wonderful place!
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  09:01:18 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
Howdy from the Texas Coast!! We live close to Galveston Bay.

So glad to meet you. Been in Texas since 2009. Lived in Ohio for 38 years before that.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

www.flossesandcrosses.blogspot.com

www.morganicinstitute.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - May 06 2012 :  5:45:35 PM  Show Profile
Hi Michelle, glad you are here. You sure are one busy farmgirl. You'll love it here.--Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1507 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1507 Posts

Posted - May 06 2012 :  8:51:08 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to the farm Michelle! You will find plenty of fun here.

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

http://blueskyanddaisies.blogspot.com

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - May 16 2012 :  10:48:42 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
welcome to the farm, michelle. i think you will love it here and be a wonderful addition to this great group of women.

love
frannie in texas
farmgirl sister#807
home of "green"crafts,
where no scrap is left behind
(http://abunnystale.wordpress.com/)

Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Another new sister in Texas Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page