Author Garden Gate: Previous Topic A Single Petunia Next Topic  

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  4:54:30 PM  Show Profile
Last year, I planted petunia's in the brick beds. A single petunia seed fell and it is now growing out of the cement, up against the brick bed. Kind of funny looking, but I refuse to pull it out.
Sorry about the size of the picture, it's rather large. I've tried, to no avail to down size these pictures. I just can't figure it out.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  9:20:20 PM  Show Profile
How neat! It reminds me of a song I used to sing when I was little--"I'm a lonely little petunia in an onion patch..."
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  05:39:06 AM  Show Profile
Volunteer Petunia! How awesome and I love that song!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

jessabelluh
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Jessica
South Dakota
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  08:06:37 AM  Show Profile
How neat!
I have a Pansy that's growing in a crack between the patio pavers and the wooden frame, but I have no clue where it came from.

~jess

http://jessabelluh.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  08:20:10 AM  Show Profile
Don't you love the "Tenacity" of the single flower that grows through the cracks and just
refuses to be forgotten!!! It always reminds me of the kind of people that just seem to
walk to the beat of a different drummer. They are a force to be reckoned with! Uniquely their
own person or flower!!!! They are just like this little gift in the middle of the mundane!!!!
That shouts, "Look At Me!"

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 29 2012 6:31:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  08:26:31 AM  Show Profile
What a beautiful description, PeggyAnn.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  07:18:06 AM  Show Profile
It's things like this that remind us how powerful nature is -- a tiny petunia seed versus brick, mortar and concrete, and the tiny seed wins! Yay!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  08:48:40 AM  Show Profile
Mara, you are right! Makes me think of that quote: "Where there's a will, there's a way". That Petunia seed found the way!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  8:37:50 PM  Show Profile
What a great shot Marly! And yes I agree- a picture is worth a thousand words. That lil ole Petunia sure does show some determination! Love it! Thanks so much for sharing that shot- very inspirational (as crazy as that may sound)LOL
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - May 01 2012 :  08:09:01 AM  Show Profile
I find it impossible to pull something like that out, too. You just admire the little plant that could!
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 01 2012 :  09:25:36 AM  Show Profile
Makes me think of that song about the ant, "High Hopes". LOL
Marly

Go to Top of Page

countrymommy85
True Blue Farmgirl

898 Posts

Krystle
MT
USA
898 Posts

Posted - May 02 2012 :  07:18:14 AM  Show Profile
That is so neat!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Mothers are those wonderful people who can get up in the morning before the smell of coffee. ~Author Unknown

http://countryrenaissance.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SunflowersAndHoney
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic A Single Petunia Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page