Author Farmgirl Birthdays: Previous Topic The day I was born ... Next Topic
Page: of 2

Nicol
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Nicol

200 Posts

Posted - May 25 2005 :  09:09:00 AM  Show Profile
Another Virgo here...I would say we are a bunch of extremely precise people. My mom has always made a huge deal out of birthdays! She still does. My birthday is September 11th so whenever I respond to someone asking my birthdate I get a response of, "Oh, I'm sorry." Kind of puts a damper on my birthday.
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - May 25 2005 :  11:51:14 AM  Show Profile
Hi Nicol,
My oldest son has a birthday on Sept 11 also and has the same problem. He wonders why the focus on his birthday always seems to be on the tragedy instead of the miracle of his birth. He is 32 this year and last year on his birthday he wanted to go out dancing with a group of his friends but all they could think about was the tragedy and did not want to go out dancing. he was so bummed!
We live in Washington and he lives in Iowa or we would have gone out dancing with him.
Eileen

songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

Nicol
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Nicol

200 Posts

Posted - May 25 2005 :  1:02:58 PM  Show Profile
Eileen: Tell your son I can empathize. I feel the same way. Of course I do not want to belittle the importance of that tragedy. My sister was a witness to the twin towers. She is still affected by that. But still I would like some celebration of my birth. I will say that my parents, DH, DS and DD make up for all the rest. I try to focus on the positive.
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 28 2005 :  10:26:14 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
My hubby was born on the 4th of July 1971. YEAH!! I was born 28th of August 1974.I love seeing everyone's birthdays here. This is nice!! My dad's b-day is September 11th too. We still celebrate because though it was an extreme tragedy, life should be cherished and celebrated!!!

Edited by - catscharm74 on May 28 2005 10:30:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

quiltedess
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

Nancy
Priest River ID
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2005 :  09:58:05 AM  Show Profile
I am amazed at the number of July 4th birthdays. I just got a new daughter-in-law, Amy, and her birthday is July 4th. She is the cutest thing, we really love her. I guess I won't forget her birthday, like I do with my really wonderful son-in-law, Brian, whose birthday is in December (can't remember the day). And I even sometimes forget the day of my daughter's (Tania) birthday. We adopted her on January 22nd and then she had her second birthday the next month, on February 20th, so in my mind her birthday becomes February 22nd, two days late. It has caused me a bit of embarassment over the years. :-)
My birthday is May 23rd.

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

countrykat
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

kathy
paola kansas
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2005 :  7:31:14 PM  Show Profile
My birthday is August 18, my Husbands birthday is December 18, we were expecting our first child on July 18. Alas, he was 9 days early, born on July 9.
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  07:43:55 AM  Show Profile
Although I was supposed to be born July 3, I didn't make it until July 6. Ten years and 2 days later, I finally got a sister after 3 brothers. Do you know how hard it is to celebrate a Sweet Sixteen with a bunch of 6-year-olds running around? I think that's the last time my mom made us celebrate together.

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  08:55:50 AM  Show Profile
My 5 year older brother's bd is June 12, mine is June 13 :) He called me his belated birthday gift, aaawww.

My mom's bd was Feb. 23. My oldest brother's was March 3. She had just turned 20 the week before my oldest brother was born.

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farmgirl Birthdays: Previous Topic The day I was born ... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page