Next Page
Author Farmgirl Birthdays: Previous Topic The day I was born ... Next Topic
Page: of 2

taylor
honeybee

40 Posts

40 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2005 :  1:34:51 PM  Show Profile
... was my dad's birthday, August 24th 1977. It makes it pretty special. Growing up near the ocean on the east coast we always had lobster and corn on the cob for our birthday dinner. I remember when lobsters jusr were $1.99 per/lb....those were the days!

I have very broad shoulders to this day, and on the day I was born I got stuck on the way out. As my mom tells it, the doctors were about to break my shoulders when I popped right out! The difference a moment can make in life.

-T

Please feel free to email me with any problems/complaints/suggestions about the connection.

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2005 :  5:33:45 PM  Show Profile
Taylor, This is great! August 24 is my Dad's birthday also! He will be 81 this year, but looks 70 and is sharp and energetic and very kind. He takes loving care of my mother who has many health problems. Virgos are very loyal and steadfast. You are so young! Thanks again! Jenny

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century.
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2005 :  5:58:16 PM  Show Profile
That's us Virgos, alright! Oh, and humble...hehehe. My birthday is September 12th, which is 4 days after my dad's on September 8th. Keeping with the methodical Virgo ways, my son was born on, yes, September 16th! I remember that I always got back to school supplies for my birthday (the same one my sis got just because it was back to school), because of this I have NEVER given my son anything close to school-related for his birthday. I think I like the lobster and corn idea much better than notebooks and pencils!
Sharon
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2005 :  7:19:56 PM  Show Profile
I was born on the fourth of July. And so was my daughter 30 years later. The doctor delivering her was also having a birthday and we kept him from being with his family and having a holiday! But we all three (and hubby, too, of course!) were there together doing something very important! I got the best birthday present I have ever received - a beautiful little baby girl. I tell her that every year as we celebrate.

jpbluesky

"Keep us here, all simply in the springing of the year." From A Prayer in Spring by Robert Frost
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2005 :  8:44:35 PM  Show Profile
We could probably go on and on with this topic! The Virgos that I know and love are very organized and so loyal in love and friendship. My Daddy is a retired civil engineer. He was responsible for the design of the infrastructure highway system of Saudi Arabia in the 60's-80's. I saw his many slides of a very wild and untouched middle east as a child, and he brought back beautiful Arabian dolls, silk shawls for my mother, and sent the most awesome post cards of his travels to my sister and I that I will always cherish. I always thought he was very brave and fearless. He had many stories for us...
Jp- How wonderful you and your precious daughter share the same birthday! And what a momentous day to boot! The whole country celebrates that day with fireworks, picnics, concerts! How special!

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century.
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2005 :  8:53:36 PM  Show Profile
Just in keeping with this topic...my girls were born in October and November, my absolute favorite time of year. Autumn birthdays so full of color and crisp days and nights. I have a mothers ring with their birthstones, opal and topaz that I cherish.

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2005 :  10:36:39 AM  Show Profile
We have alot of October birthdays in our family and one sept and one Nov. too. I love the autumn best of all too

Jenny in Utah

Bloom where you are planted!
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2005 :  11:39:19 AM  Show Profile
Well, must reply again! My hubby is a Virgo, too - patient, hardworking, organized, neat and straightforwardly thoughtful. Love it!

Until I was about five or six, I thought the whole town was celebrating my birthday (July 4) with sparklers and parades! And my dad and uncles took the day off work, and we went to the lake for a picnic. When I found out it was the birthday of our country, it made me patriotic and proud of the USA. My mom called me her firecracker.

My daughter always wished her birthday was during the schoolyear so she could have a little party at school with her class. I always loved the day in the summer with the family.

jpbluesky

"Keep us here, all simply in the springing of the year." From A Prayer in Spring by Robert Frost
Go to Top of Page

taylor
honeybee

40 Posts

40 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2005 :  12:13:58 PM  Show Profile
I remember feeling that way too about wanting my b-day during the school year... it made you feel jipped somehow. But now I see that spending the day on the beach was much better.

xo T

I came to explore the wreck.
The words are purposes.
The words are maps.
I came to see the damage that was done
and the treasures that prevail.

-Diving into the Wreck, Adrienne Rich

Please feel free to email me with any problems/complaints/suggestions about the connection.
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2005 :  4:07:12 PM  Show Profile
I was born on Dec 7, 1951. The 10th anniversay of the attack on Pearl Harbor. I certainly wish that it had been a day earlier or later since I do love being a Sagitarian (sp?)

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2005 :  10:56:33 AM  Show Profile
I was born on January 20th 1951, one day before my Fathers birthday and one day after my brothers birthday. all three birthdays got celebrated on the 21st because it was Dads birthday. I never had one of my very own until I got married and my sweet husband ran home between classes in college and made me a cake from scratch!! Then between classes again ran to the store to buy powdered sugar for the frosting. He was hurrying to get it done and hidden before I came home so in his rush he tripped over the sidewalk that was raised by an ancient Elm tree that Spokane was famous for, and cut his jaw needing a trip to the emergency room for stitches. Trooper that he was he finished the frosting and hid the cake before he went to the hospital! After school when he was driving me home he told me a lie about how he got hurt. I was really surprised by the thoughtful cake he had made. I think it was the best birthday present he has ever given me. He is a Libra born in October as is our daughter. We have one son with a september birthday and one with a february birthday.
I love this topic thread!
Eileen

songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2005 :  6:57:22 PM  Show Profile
It's amazing how so many of us share the same birthdays or close to within families! I am sure it is hard having birthdays on days like Dec.7, Nov.22, or Sept.11. Martin Luther King was assainated on April 4,1968, my 12th birthday... Eileen your story of your DH and the birthday cake is an example of true devotion! Very heartwarming!

Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2005 :  09:14:45 AM  Show Profile
I was born November 4th 1961 and my cousin was born the same day 4 years later.

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2005 :  11:21:59 AM  Show Profile
Mine is Oct. 1, and youngest Daughter is Oct 2rd. Older daughter is Sept 21, husband is Oct 23...Oldest son is Nov 27. I was so relieved when we adopted youngest son that his was in Feb!! we have a son in Jan and June and May too..but just didn't need to add to the autumn ones..haha. WE also have two neices and a nephew all either Oct 1st or 2nd that live in the same town as us!!

Jenny in Utah

Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2005 :  06:57:17 AM  Show Profile
December 12 is me, SIL and my cousin! December 19 is my husband and nephew. Two lifelong friends Dec 6 and 21, my Mom was Dec 4 and my father in law was Dec 16. Do you sense there is a Sagittarian vibe running through my life?!!! My son is August 3 so his Leo personality fits right in with all of us!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2005 :  08:38:15 AM  Show Profile
Bramble, what does SIL mean? :)
jpbluesky
Go to Top of Page

taylor
honeybee

40 Posts

40 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2005 :  09:51:14 AM  Show Profile
Is it "son in law" perhaps?

Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2005 :  10:14:00 AM  Show Profile
Close but no cigar! Sister in law! Of which I have 3!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2005 :  2:11:33 PM  Show Profile
Thanks! I guess it could be son-in-law, too! Now I know! I was thinking sibling something something, and could not come up with the other words!
jpbluesky
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2005 :  11:10:11 AM  Show Profile
Hi farmgirls! I was born November 8, 1947, on my Grandfather's birthday. That always made me feel special, as we spent almost every Sunday with that set of grandparents. We have many birthdays that include 8 - my sister is October 8, my daughter Molly is June 18, my son Saeb is July 8. My husband Aaron was born on his Grandfather's birthday - so guess it was meant to be!

MaryJane's Left-Hand Farmgirl
Cindylou
cindylou@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Honeysage
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

Crystal
Windsor CA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2005 :  10:04:48 PM  Show Profile

Hello! Connie, I too, was born on December 7th, although it was in 1970! I rarely meet anyone born on this date. It's always before or after. Hello, fellow sagitarian!

Crystal

<i>"As you arrive somewhere, see if it feels right in your heart. If it doesn't, then change direction."</i>
- Bearheart
Go to Top of Page

brownswissgal
Farmgirl in Training

29 Posts

Julie
Plainfield Wisconsin
USA
29 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2005 :  11:01:56 AM  Show Profile
Birthdays... mmmmm when you get older, don't we stop having them LOL... No really... Mine was April 7th (1966) Emily's was April 11, 2004, Maggie's was March 26th, 1996 and my hubby Dan is December 28, 1965... his son Josh is November 29, 1989... Poor guys have all Aries gals living with him... We (gals) out number the guys here in this household.. critters included...

Hey speaking of birthdays, Emily was born last Easter in 2004 and I had a water birth.... that was a pretty great experience... would do it again in a heartbeat!

Hugs,

Julie and her critter crew too

I never met a cow I didn't like
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2005 :  11:20:44 AM  Show Profile
I'm an Aries too, married to a Leo. Happy Belated birthday! Jenny

Go to Top of Page

zora0047
Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

Alex
Afton MN
USA
7 Posts

Posted - May 10 2005 :  5:38:09 PM  Show Profile
My birthday is Oktober 26 (German spelling). I'll be 14 this year!

*~*Be Well*~*
Go to Top of Page

Erin Raincrow
True Blue Farmgirl

65 Posts

Julie Erin
New Mexico
65 Posts

Posted - May 24 2005 :  9:24:57 PM  Show Profile
My birthday is July 2 and my family always waited to celebrate it on July 4th. It was years before I realized when my birthday actually was!!!! Then for a few years I insisted that we celebrate it on the actual date but now we're back to it being on the 4th so the whole family can gather and I like it that way.

But once in while the odd thing happens,
Once in a while the dream comes true,
And the whole pattern of life is altered,
Once in a while the moon turns blue.
Auden
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 24 2005 :  10:25:32 PM  Show Profile
We did that alot with my oldest son's birthday..which is November 27. We would celebrate on Thanksgiving and when he was 4 one time we went to a friends birthday party and he was so dissapointed that there was no turkey!! Now that he is grown we are back to celebrating his day on Thanksgiving since it is easier..we are usually all together.

Jenny in Utah

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farmgirl Birthdays: Previous Topic The day I was born ... Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page