True Blue Farmgirl

269 Posts

Donna
Cedartown GA
USA
269 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2012 :  1:31:45 PM  Show Profile
Please help
I have been trying to upload some photos and when I click on the upload icon on the above right my computer freezes. What am I doing wrong?

Donna Farmgirl Sister #1487

Wheather therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Gabe
True Blue Farmgirl

374 Posts

Gabe
Moscow Idaho
USA
374 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2012 :  2:05:44 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Donna!

It would be best for you to clear out your cache and other temporary files that your web browser uses to make sure those aren't corrupted or holding residual problems, making the chatroom page and upload function mess up.
I could instruct you how to do that, if necessary, if you can get me the details below. But first, try either of these pages:

• WikiHow: How to Clear Your Browser's Cache
• Google Help

1) Find the browser you're using, and follow the directions listed.
2) Close your browser, 3) restart it, and then 4) try again to upload a photo.

If there's no change, then 5) follow the steps again to clear your browser's cache, 6) close your browser and 7) restart your computer.
8) Now try again to upload a photo.

If the problem hasn't gone away after that, then please gather the following information:
• Operating System your computer is running - Windows XP? Vista? or 7? Mac OS 10.5? 10.7? 10.8? or whichever; a smartphone like the iPhone or an Android? etc.
• Web browser you're using - Internet Explorer 6.0? 8.0? Firefox 3.5? 11.0? Google Chrome?
• Do you go to other sites much? Have you noticed similar issues elsewhere?
• Do you have an Antivirus / Antispyware program installed? Which brand and version? Do you have more than one installed?
• Do you have any firewalls for the network you're working from? (Is Windows Firewall enabled? Is there a router that enables multiple computers to connect to the internet or that broadcasts a wireless signal throughout your house? Do you have an Antivirus program with a firewall?)
• What happens if you go to File > Open and browse to the images you're trying to upload?

And thanks for working with me to figure out the problem. I know it's never fun. :)
Go to Top of Page

Gabe
True Blue Farmgirl

374 Posts

Gabe
Moscow Idaho
USA
374 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2012 :  6:23:52 PM  Show Profile
We got it worked out. Thanks for listening everybody.
Show's over. You can go on with the rest of your day now.

:)
Go to Top of Page
  Technical Support: Previous Topic Uploads Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page