Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Any Western WA Farmgirls going to the State Fair?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Any Western WA Farmgirls going to the State Fair? Next Topic  

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2006 :  1:12:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Wondering if any of you are coming to "Do The Puyallup" (otherwise known as the Western Washington State Fair for those who don't know...)
If we could get a date picked and all meet, that would be fabulous...

What do you think?

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2006 :  4:35:43 PM  Show Profile
I didn't even know that WA had a state fair and I've lived here 22 years. When is it?

Handmade purses and bath delights at www.rusticcottagecreations.com Free shipping through 9/15.

Read my ramblings at http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

EagleNest
True Blue Farmgirl

192 Posts

Mary
Yakima WA
192 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2006 :  9:10:41 PM  Show Profile
I can't make the Western WA State Fair but my family and I will be at the Central WA State Fair in Yakima at the end of Sept. We like to go the first Friday when everything is fresh and beautiful.
Mary

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Gal 5:22
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2006 :  9:38:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
KAY!!!!!Shame on your Farmgirl self! The Fair is a MUST see for all farm girls! Go to www.thefair.com to see this years dates and etc.
It is a lovely old fashioned fair with animals, rides ,QUILTS ,blue ribbon baking and canning contests,floral contests, crafts, vendors, FOOD (world famous Fisher Fair Scones with strawberry jam)..it is SO much fun!

You and Missy should look into selling your wares next year.
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2006 :  11:27:11 PM  Show Profile
Diane -- we live so close to Oregon that all we ever hear is the Oregon State Fair! In fact, because we're just across the river from Portland we get lumped into everything that happens over there! Would be nice if we'd see things on TV that pertain to Washington once in a while. Shame on me too. I will definitely check into the website. Sounds like so much fun.

Handmade purses and bath delights at www.rusticcottagecreations.com Free shipping through 9/15.

Read my ramblings at http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/

Edited by - therusticcottage on Sep 12 2006 11:30:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

summerbreeze
True Blue Farmgirl

277 Posts

Laura
WA
USA
277 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2006 :  6:56:47 PM  Show Profile
I would love to meet at the fair. I went to the local one in Monroe a few weeks ago. Love all the animals. The quilts and needle work was amazing.

Laura

You only live once,if you do it right once is enough.
Go to Top of Page

wovenheart
True Blue Farmgirl

80 Posts

Dona
Washington State
USA
80 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2006 :  7:11:36 PM  Show Profile
This is when I really wish mass transit was alive & well in Western WA:( I get white knuckles heading south around about Lynnwood, actually anymore Everett is getting icky to drive through...Enjoy the fair!!!

"It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder...It's the stillness that fill me with peace."
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Any Western WA Farmgirls going to the State Fair? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page