CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2006 :  09:03:35 AM  Show Profile
farmgirls .. i'm going to be posting some fun tea party ideas under this thread ... if you wanna' see photos .. e-mail me!!

these projects are for a Yesteryear's Children Tea Party that i am having tomorrow here at cabin creek farm for a little girl's birthday.

i donated the tea party to our rotary club auction .. and our County Clerk's son won it!

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2006 :  09:07:20 AM  Show Profile
POUNDED FLEURS:

this is one of the projects i am doing with the little girls who come to a birthday tea party tomorrow .. it is 'pounded flowers' ... such fun .. try it with your 'little ones'!!

GATHER:
SOME CHILDREN
a board (at the party .. i will use a big 'cutting board')
squares of muslin
squares of wax paper
hammer
fresh from the garden ... flat leaf flowers and leaves and ferns (you can take fatter flowers apart and 'lay-out' the petals in any design you like!)

======================================

lay your board on a firm surface
put a square of wax paper (the size of your muslin square)
on TOP OF THE BOARD and
then put your muslin square on top of the wax paper

NEXT:

lay your flowers, leaves, ferns very carefully in any design you like
FLOWERS AND LEAVES FACING THE MUSLIN
(the BACKS of the flowers/leaves will be facing YOU!)
IF the flower has that little stem-y thing that holds it together and it is bulky .. just snip it off!
i even sliced these petals closer to the middle (big purple flower) to make it lie flatter.

NOW

gently .. but firmly (if THAT makes any sense!)
POUND the flowers and leaves until you can see
through the wax paper that the 'juices' have been squished onto the muslin
... you can tell because they turn 'wet' looking.
DO NOT LIFT YOUR WAX PAPER MID POUNDING!!!

WHEN YOU ARE FINISHED .. THEN GENTLY LIFT THE WAX PAPER FROM THE MUSLIN
... IF SOME OF THE FLOWERS AND LEAVES STICK TO THE MUSLIN
... JUST GENTLY PEEL THEM OFF.

VOILA! THE WONDERFUL SHADES OF THE LEAVES AND FERNS
ARE NOW IMPRINTED ON YOUR FABRIC.

tomorrow .. each of the little girls will make two of these .. one for herself .. and one as a gift for the birthday girl ... they will write their name (with colorful markers) on each square .. and the birthday girl's mom is going to make them into a wall hanging for her!

hope you enjoyed this little project ... will be posting some pics of other fun things we will be making and doing at the party ... later .. and will post some party pictures after the party.

xo, frannie

P.S. FOR PHOTOS .. E-MAIL ME!

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2006 :  09:12:54 AM  Show Profile
I call these FAIRIE RINGS .. you can make them small enough to fit on your finger or wrist (we'll do bracelets tomorrow) .. necklaces, belt .. or a real 'fairie ring' to put outside for the fairies to dance in

you just need some colorful yarn .. and some nimble fingers!!!
(OH .. i guess a pair of scissors might make it easier to cut that yarn!)

experiment with the lengths of yarn.

here are the instructions .. hope they make sense!

Cut a length of yarn (start with about a 20 inch piece to practice on! --
that will give you a general idea of how long your fairie ring will be with 20 inches
and you can adjust as needed for your particular project.

Form a small loop about the circumference of the tip of your pinky finger at the end (or 'tail') of one end of the string. (leave about an INCH tail below the first loop)!!!

Pull the 'head" of the string (the long part) through the loop to form another loop, KEEP YOUR LOOPS LOOSE .. and repeat this until your fairie ring is as long as you like it.

Leave another one inch of unlooped string at this end too.

Tie the two loos ends together and VOILA .. you have a 'FAIRIE RING'!

P.S. you can pull these loops TIGHT too for a tight weave fairie ring .. just takes more string and longer to make your ring.

have fun!!!!

xo, frannie

P.S. FOR PHOTOS .. e-mail me! xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2006 :  09:42:10 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Got the pictures of these and they are fantastic. What great ideas you have Frannie. Please be sure to tell us all about the day tomorrow. Do these girls know how incredibly lucky they are? They will tell their children someday of the tea party at Frannies and how it was magical.

You are a true blessing.

blessings
beth

Dreaming of Friday Night Lights

http://blissnblossomfarm.etsy.com
http://bethsblissnblossomfarm.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2006 :  09:43:15 AM  Show Profile
Is there any mordant or fixative that would permanently set the flower/leaf colors into the muslin so it could eventually be washed? I'm thinking the possibilities are endless doing this.
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2006 :  10:01:00 AM  Show Profile
HERE'S A FUN AND QUICK FAIRIE PROJECT FOR YOUR NEXT TEA PARTY!

FAIRIE SEEDS ... FAIRIE GARDEN

soooooooo simple and enchanting for children!
here's how i am doing this little fairie game tomorrow!
i put real dirt in a basket .. now .. you can get innovative and
use a CAKE pan .. with chocolate cake mix in it for your garden!

if using REAL DIRT ... sprinkle the top of your 'dirt' with
sparkly fairie dust .. if you are using chocolate cake mix ..
sprinkle it with colorful sprinkle candies!
IF i could have found my dollar store fairies .. i would have tucked
a few of them in the basket too .. but since i couldn't .. i am just
using my big "GARD-ian Fairie' to watch over the garden!

you will need a package of those miniature colorful marshmallows (fairie seeds!!)
sprinkle a few on top .. and give each child a little packet of them (attractively wrapped)
and a BIG SILVER spoon tied with silk ribbon ... for "fancy" .. fairies do so love fancy!

each child digs little holes in the dirt (or cake) and buries their 'fairie seeds'!
Sing a little fairie song .. dance a little fairie dance ... (holding hands) around the garden!

I have a pretty glass vial filled with magic fairie dust .. and as we dance .. i sing to the girls .. and sprinkle on the tops of their heads .. the magic fairie dust.

Star dust of silver
Moon beams of gold
Spun by the Fairie Folk ..
from stories often told.

They live in the hollow
of an olde crooked tree.
For the star 'dust' of memories
... is "magic" .. you see!

Then i have them sing it with me!

here are the pretty silver spoons for digging!

and of course, as the children give me hugs
and head for home with visions of fairies
dancing in their heads .. i gift them each a
little packet of FAIRIE SEEDS for their
own gardens at home!

xo, frannie

P.S. O.K. ... HERE IS ANOTHER REEEEEEEEEEELY FUN THING TO DO WITH THOSE LITTLE MINIATURE COLORFUL MARSHMALLOWS ... AND DO NOT LET IT GROSS YOU OUT .. CUZ .. I'M TELLING YOU .. I HAVE GIGGLES RINGING FOREVER IN MY MIND OF HAVING DONE THIS VERY THING AT 'WINTER FAIRIE TEA PARTIES'!!!

FAIRIE POOP!!!

YEP! i serve hot chocolate in child-size vintage cups at winter parties .. and there is always a pretty bowl of colorful miniature marshmallows and tiny silver spoon for heaping them into their cups of hot chocolate .. there is a little sign in the bowl that reads: FAIRIE POOP

XO, FRANNIE

p.s. for pictures .. jus' e-mail me! xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2006 :  10:30:40 AM  Show Profile
FLOWER FAIRIES

ohhhhh .. and aren't these little cuties for a little girl's tea party! each little one will make a flower fairie tomorrow too!

the kits .. which consist of a clothespin and stand
a flowery skirt, bow, fleur for hair .. hair and chiffon wings!
they will draw the little faces with margic markers!

hope all you gurlz will use these projects with the
children in your lives too! xo, frannie

FOR PICS .. E-MAIL ME!

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2006 :  10:49:33 AM  Show Profile
HOW TO ATTRACT FAIRIES (FAIRIE POUCHES FILLED WITH YUMMY FAIRIE AROMAS)
fairies love the smell of gardens ... sooo .. we are all going to create a yummy pot-pourii and put them in little 'fairie purses... if you tuck the fairie purses under your pillow at night .. you will DREAM of fairies .. if you tie it to your bedpost .. fairies will guard you all night long .. if you sprinkle it in your garden ... they will build homes there ..

all summer long .. be gathering 'ye rosebuds while ye may' .. and
any other pretty flower or leaf or herb .. oh my yessss! herbs!
find a yummy smelling 'pot pourii oil' and fixative (available at most
big craft stores).
have a big pretty basket or bucket of your gatherings .. and some springs tied
in bunches .. for the children to crumble up in their hands to add to the 'mixture'.
add your oil and fixative and stir with a big wooden spoon!

give each child a big spoon or scoop and let them fill their little pouches ...
they can even use their hands .. as long as none of them are
allergic to oils!

fairie pouches .. you can make these any size and shape you wish .. just sew down
a chunk of the fabric at the open end and run a ribbon through it ... or you can even
just tie the ribbon around the pouch at the open end without doing the little fold-over casing thingie! embellish with flowersby either tying, sewing or gluing them to the 'purse'.

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Edited by - CabinCreek-Kentucky on Aug 05 2006 10:51:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2006 :  10:54:30 AM  Show Profile
Beth .. .ahhhhhhh yesssssss .. that's what the fairies are for .. MEMORY KEEPERS (and what the poem is really all about).

diane .. i've heard that vinegar might work .. but ya' know ... like real flowers in nature .. i just do these on 'transient' projects .. just like nature .. coming and going.

xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2006 :  11:08:26 AM  Show Profile
FRIENDSHIP POETRY IN THE SECRET GARDEN

i do this at every children's tea party too ... i write short little friendship poems/sayings on colorful cards .. and tie them to the lower branches of a tree (or bush) in the SECRET GARDEN. We all walk to the Garden and each child unties a poem and reads it to the Birthday Girl. (the poems and sayings will change depending on the 'theme' of the party).

Then each child gives her poem to the birday girl .. i tell the girls that GIFTS do NOT always have to cost MONEY. That the BEST GIFTS in life are gifts of friendship ...

XO, FOR PICS .. E-MAIL ME.

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2006 :  9:30:19 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Frannie,
Thank ever so much for sharing!! When we do settle and have our property I intend to have a Children's yard & garden and after reading all the posts about fairy gardens and activities I think I will add one to the childrens area!!! Could you e-mail me some photos so I can print them up and add to my journal of ideas?

Thank you!!
Hugz,
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2006 :  9:49:54 PM  Show Profile
absolutely terrific ideas Frannie!thanks so very much for sharing these.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2006 :  8:21:36 PM  Show Profile
posted pictures to my 'true friends' list of gurlfrenz .. e-mail me if you wanna' be on that e-mail list for stories AND pictures .. but here is the 'story' of my sweet little tea party yesterday:

TEA PARTY TOYS

the tea party started out with welcoming to cabin creek farm .. civil-war era log cabins. .. and i tell the children about 'ancestors' and how we are all americans today because of ancestors who came here as pioneers .. and we talked about what it must have been like to have left their families in 'the olde country' .. most never to see each other again. i told them that their ancestors came here on a boat .. and could usually only bring one trunk with them because of the small size of the boats and how crowded they were with so many people travelling. i told them of how families travelled to remote parts of this country where there were no homes or schools or shoppes and i asked them what they thought the fathers might have brought in that trunk to build homes .. and what the mothers might have brought to care for her family. then i asked what they thought the children were allowed to bring (usually NOTHING because of the scarcity of space). we talked of how there was not much time for play or school when the first settlers came here because everyone in the family was needed to build homes and make gardens for food. then i asked them that if they could were to go to another country .. and they could take only one thing in the trunk .. what would that one thing be? we also talked about how many, many, many people who travelled out west came right through 'green county, kentucky' on their way ... because of the 'cumberland trail' that led through green county on the way west.

(we have one of the largest repositories for ancestor records in the country .. right here in our little county of green!!! many people from all over the country today come here to do research on their familes .. even if they didn't stay in this area!)

we talked about what we have today ... that our ancestors did NOT have! the list is endless!

we talked about olde-timey toys .. and then we went outside and played with 'hoops' (a colonial game)

after the children tried their hand at 'hoops' .. we had
a couple of the 'mommas' and grammies try it!

GRACES ... a 'hoop' toss game.

i have lots and lots of colonial and pioneer toys .. but because it was soooooooo HOT outside .. we didn't linger .. and the kids wore shorts instead of 'party dresses' .. they would have just MELTED in party dresses.

i did realize after this party .. that i will only present these parties in spring and autumn seasons.

more pics to come!

p.s. other things you can talk about are 'collections' .. at tea parties, i often show the children some of my various 'collections' .. (such as dolls .. i did share some of these with the children yesterday) ... and then i ask them what they collect. (i love it when the children participate and share their own stories too!)

====================================

TEA PARTY CRAFTS

this was supposed to be an 'outdoor' activity .. but it was too hot .. so we brought it inside.
The girls are making 'fairie dust' ... (potpourii) ... usually, i will have lots of dried flowers and herbs for the children to crunch up .. but because of our confined space ..and of allergies of one of the guests ... and oh my the 'mess' this makes ... i decided to just have them crunch up what was already in that WONDERFUL olde wooden measure i had the pot pourii in and to stuff it into their fairie pouches (little bags i had made ahead of time). I told them that if they tucked their fairie dust pouch under their pillow .. they would have sweet fairie dreams .. and if they hung it from the bedpost .. fairies would dance around them and protect them all night .. and if they scattered it in their gardens .. the fairies would build their homes there!

fairie pouches

they also made 'fairie ring' bracelets

fairie rings and firie pouches

there were supposed to be ten little girls .. but four couldn't make it ... lordy! we'll be eating cookies, cake and candy for a month!

these were such sweeet little girls .. but then .. they all always are at a tea party! xoxo

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TEA PARTY .... LILLY .... FAIRIE GARDEN

The girls at the tea party table. That's the birthday girl's momma in the red shirt and blue pants.

TEA PARTY

and oh my GOSH .. remember i told you all .. that one of the 'kittens' from up the road
has been coming down here to visit and i've been sneaking milk and food to her!
WELL .. TODAY .. (the day after the picture below was taken) .. this 'kitten' had a litter of THREE
kittens in my flower bed!!! Hank said he heard teensy little 'mews' .. and he looked under the 'impatiens' .. and THERE THEY WERE! he said it is a wonder he hadn't drowned them because
he had given the plants a good watering today! This evening when i returned from Berea .. he showed them to me .. and i carefully removed them from the garden .. (it was like plucking sweet little flowers!) and put them in a wood box on our front porch. I just checked and Momma KITTY is out there snuggled with them! I was just sure that our resident "jake the snake" who slithers around the edge of our cabins from time to time would surely find them and eat them .. i just hope he doesn't come up on the porch! our neighbor up the hill, jannelle (who owns Lilly) said she would come and get them and put them under her porch (on the ground) .. and i just know they would not survive long there .. soo .. i told her if she didn't mind .. i'd watch over them until they were a little bigger and stronger and then i would DEFINITELY bring them back to her! This momma cat JUST HAD a litter of kittens that live up there now! Sadly, so many outdoor kitties become 'coyote snacks' .. and i don't hold out much hope for these either .. but with our two big dogs .. i fear they wouldn't make it long inside our home either! but for a little while .. we will give them loving and food and shelter.

LILLY VISITS THE TEA PARTY
( named the three kitties Billy, Willy and Jilly.

PLANTING FAIRIE SEEDS
we planted 'fairie seeds in a little fairie garden basket.

i forgot to take photos of the girls making their fairie dolls.
(actually, as we started making them .... my blood sugars dropped at this point to the low 50's and i ate an entire plate of Ho-Ho's to bring them back up!
I still mustered through the directions for making the fairies.
Birthday Girl's momma recognized i was in la-la land (both of her
two former husbands were diabetics!) and she helped me with the
fairie dolls!

and each took a turn sprinkling the seeds with magic fairie dust.

At the end of the party .. we circled the garden, danced around it and sang a fairie song.

After the girls had gone .. i remembered that we had forgotten to go to the SECRET GARDEN for poetry reading!!!!!!!!!!

ahhhhhhhhh .. another day .. another party!

what a sweet day. i wish you and your loved ones many tea parties!!!!

xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

Garden_artist
True Blue Farmgirl

182 Posts

Tammy
Southern Coast Oregon
182 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2006 :  12:31:48 PM  Show Profile
Frannie,

Thank you so much for the wonderful pictures, you have some wonderful creative ideas and I love the attention to detail in making the birthday girl and children feel so special. I miss the days when my daughter was consumed with fairies.

Thank you again,
Sincerely,
Tammy

When I feel spring coming I have to plant or I’ll go crazy!
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2006 :  6:19:16 PM  Show Profile
I was just looking through this thread again and imagining how magical this tea party must have been. Having just boys, I'm not sure I'll be able to pull this off, but, now that I think more about it, heck, why not? Little guys need faeries, too! Maybe an autumn faerie-fest? I know that the equinox is coming up on the 23rd, maybe that's a good time. How fun this all is! I could use a little magic right now...

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2006 :  7:39:50 PM  Show Profile
libbie .. how olde are your boys? gnomes and forest dwarves (like snow white's buddies) can be lots of fun for boys too! in the autumn, we would all take a hike in the woods .. after lots (but not all) of the leaves have fallen from the trees. each child would pick a magic place and lie down and be real still while i would cover them up entirely with fallen leaves (except for their eyes and noses)! i would whisper for them to pretend they are part of the forest floor .. maybe a little critter or bug .. and to listen to the forest sounds and to look up and watch the 'fairies dance down to the ground as they would leap from the branches of the trees ... (leaves, of course). i would tell them to remember all they hear and see cuz' we were going to talk about these nature sights and sounds on our walk back home. we would each take a little basket and gather 'nature' things .. leaves, moss, bark, stones, ferns, and ocassionally a little fuzzy bug. (we never destroyed living things .. everything had to be found 'down' .. and the buggies had to be carefully returned to the woods .. where we foudn it ... after we all had a chance to look at it).

you can create a 'buried treasure map' .. and bury little things here and there along your path for them to discover.

oh gosh .. so many fun things .. am burning dinner .. so .. i gotta' get downstairs right now .. if you need more ideas .. jus' let me know! xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

Libbie

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2006 :  9:34:50 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Frannie! I just love the idea of gnomes and elves and things -- that would be so fun! This will have to be a little party for just one - my three year old, who is very good with words and the outdoors - I think a magic walk would be just perfect. My other boy is just 6 weeks old - he'll go along in a carriage or in my arms! He's just a little elf himself!!!. You have the most fun ideas - I LOVE the buried treasure map. Our farm has little "landmarks" that William likes to go and check on - like the old hay derrick and the railroad bridge - perfect places for buried treasure! FUN!!!

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2006 :  07:41:54 AM  Show Profile
oh libbie .. another fun idea i read of .. and we have started this 'tradition' with our grandson, lucas.

gift him a child-sized SHOVEL .. this is nice from a father or grandfather or uncle (a boy thing) .. and NO .. i am neither a bra-burning woman (ha! don't wear one!) .. nor do i wear a ring in my nose that any man can lead me around by) .. well, now .. with all that 'sed' ... i do love this for 'male bonding'. anyhoo ... hank gave our grandson a 'treasure digging shovel' .. and when we know he is coming for a visit .. he creates a little 'map' for him to a spot where 'hidden treasure' is buried ... of course, he has previously dug a hole and 'planted' a toy in the hole .. and he and lucas follow the map to the treasure spot .. and lucas excitedly digs while hank tells him of pirates and buried treasure stories.

a children's GARDEN is a nice idea of something to do with both boy and girl children! my granddaughter and i had two children's gardens when we lived in maryland.

one was a MOON garden where we planted only white flowers in a spot where the moon would shine on them. we would, from time to time, put on our 'fairie wings' (made from wire and tulle netting) and sing and dance with the 'moon fairies' at YES! the stroke of MIDNIGHT!

the other garden was all 'edible' flowers and we called this our "Foodie Flower" garden .. and we would make salads and snip blossoms and leaves to add to our salad.

this granddaughter is any day now having a grandson .. ha! a race to see whether her baby or her aunt's baby is born first.

Daughter, Wednesday is 38 weeks along but only one centimeter dilated (oh i just know she loves me sharing that information with the world!) .. but she is starting to have 'cramping' (not braxton hicks) .. sooo .. our bags are packed!
We don't know whether the baby is a boy or a girl .. Wednesday and Frank want to be
'surprized'. I want to shoppe! She tells me: "think 'oatmeal' classic Pooh".

Grand Daughter, Jennifer Catherine is 36 weeks but is 2 centimeters .. but no big-time cramping yet. She is having a boy .. and i have had SUCH fun buying BLUE!!!!!

Libbie .. how did you 'carry' your boys? Wednesday is teeny as a minute .. would never know she was pregnant from the back. ALL out front and LOW .. and VERY BASKETBALL shaped. most friends think it is a boy.

Jennifer is more 'all around' and she is having a boy?

Guess we'll know any day now!

Have fun with those precious little guys of yours! xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

BettyWeeks
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Betty
Cincinnati Ohio
USA
50 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2006 :  08:05:54 AM  Show Profile
Frannie, this is so wonderful. Thanks for sharing your ideas. I have my grandaughter, age 9, and her 3 friends over fairly often and we are going to do some of this.

Betty

True Happiness: Something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.
Go to Top of Page

Libbie

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2006 :  09:11:10 AM  Show Profile
Oh, I just can't wait to do these things! Childhood is such a fleeting and magical time in and of itself - the idea that one of the gifts I can give my children is a good start and some solid, secure and beautiful memories just makes my heart sing. Thank you for the great ideas!!!

I carried both my boys just like I had a beach ball under my shirt - low and out front and ROUND, round, round!!! - my bet is for a boy (I'm a little biased, I know!!).

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic TEA PARTY ideas Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page