MissKitty
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Christine
Amherst Virginia
USA
13 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2012 :  8:17:33 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! I have quite a whopping collection of reusable shopping bags now - as I have been collecting and using them for a while. But I have recently purchased a very special one just to complete the Shopping Green Expert Level Merit badge. :). I wish I could upload a picture of it but all I have by way of a computer is my husband's iPad, so the best I can do is describe. It is a dark beige with a willow tree pattern stamped in black ink on one side. So adorable I would really love to keep it for myself! Anyway, if anyone is interested in doing a swap with me, I am interested in just about anything of about equal value....it was $6.00.
As for my thoughts on cleaning my home without toxic cleaners (also for the merit badge), my method is I have a "green cleaning caddy". It's more or less my green kit. In it I keep baking soda, distiller white vinegar, Bon Ami, hydrogen peroxide, lavender essential oil, lemon essential oil, and Mrs. Meyers Clean Day dish soap. With these ingredients and some basic cleaning supplies, I can pretty much tackle any job!

HepKitten
True Blue Farmgirl

103 Posts

Kristen
Augusta MI
USA
103 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  1:57:20 PM  Show Profile
Hey, Christine! Have you swapped bags with anyone yet? I'd love to swap with you, if not, or with someone else if more sign up. What's the deadline? :)

Kristen - Farmgirl Sister #3858
www.farmgirlsister.blogspot.com
www.rustymoonhomestead.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MissKitty
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Christine
Amherst Virginia
USA
13 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  2:27:34 PM  Show Profile
Hey Kristen,
No, I haven't swapped yet, but I'd love to! :) My mailing info is Christine Johnson 183 Sugar Mill Drive Amherst, Va 24521. I'll be happy to put this bag in the mail to you with my blessings as soon as I get your mailing info! Have a blessed day!

Christine - Farmgirl Sister #3760

Edited by - MissKitty on Apr 10 2012 2:32:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

HepKitten
True Blue Farmgirl

103 Posts

Kristen
Augusta MI
USA
103 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2012 :  10:28:45 AM  Show Profile
Christine - so excited, thank you! I've got some great fabric that I'm actually going to sew into a bag this weekend for you. It's so cute, and don't worry, it's sturdy, canvas-like fabric and I'll doublestitch the seams so you can carry lots of groceries in it. :)

My address info is: Kristen Brockmeyer, 2651 N. 38th Street, Augusta, MI 49012

Thanks so much!

Go to Top of Page

Jonesy
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Joan
Donovan illinois
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2012 :  07:24:16 AM  Show Profile
Kristen and Christine, So happy you gals hooked up for a swap. I see that you both are relatively new and I hope you take this bit of advice
in the way it is intended:

It really is never a good idea to put your full name and address on an open site. The safe way is to click on the name
of the person you want to give your information to (see it in big red letters).. this will take you to their page where you will be able to email them your info in priviate and they will be able to respond.

Farm girl hugs to you both
Joan

Nothing happens unless first we dream.

Go to Top of Page

HepKitten
True Blue Farmgirl

103 Posts

Kristen
Augusta MI
USA
103 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2012 :  09:45:03 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Joan! Farmgirl hugs to you, too. :)

Go to Top of Page

MissKitty
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Christine
Amherst Virginia
USA
13 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2012 :  7:03:54 PM  Show Profile
Thank you very much for the info! I was wondering how to do that privately and just couldn't figure it out!

Christine - Farmgirl Sister # 3760
Go to Top of Page

MissKitty
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Christine
Amherst Virginia
USA
13 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2012 :  4:20:57 PM  Show Profile
Kristin ~
I put your bag in the mail today! . Hope it makes it to you safe and sound and soon!
Farmgirl hugs to you,

Go to Top of Page

HepKitten
True Blue Farmgirl

103 Posts

Kristen
Augusta MI
USA
103 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2012 :  06:42:16 AM  Show Profile
Christine,

Thanks so much! I received the bag on Saturday, and it was just like you described. I absolutely LOVE it. That card was beautiful, too. :)
This week turned out a little crazy hectic, so I didn't get to finish sewing your bag together until about 11 last night, but it's going out in the mail this morning. I'm so proud - I only sewed it to itself and had to pick out stitches TWICE. :) I hope it gets to you quickly!

Thank you again!

Go to Top of Page

MissKitty
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Christine
Amherst Virginia
USA
13 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2012 :  8:46:24 PM  Show Profile
Kristen!
What a beautiful job you did on the bag!! I am humbled to receive such a lovely gift. And it was very simple to fold back up...no problem. :). I can't wait to take it out and show off your talent!

Go to Top of Page

HepKitten
True Blue Farmgirl

103 Posts

Kristen
Augusta MI
USA
103 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2012 :  05:48:00 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so much - I'm glad you liked it! I'm using the bag you sent me to haul my current sewing project and various things that travel with me back and forth to work, and I've gotten many compliments on it. :)

Also, a fellow farmgirl may be contacting you to find out if you made that bag or where you bought it. She loved it, and I gave her a link to your profile page so she could send you a message.

Thanks again for the fun swap! :D

Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Bag Swap (Merit Badge) Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page